Called Customer Service about MyFord Touch

svtenthusiast

I called the main Ford customer service line today to document the continued issues with MyFord Touch. The lady was very plesant to talk to and wrote the issues under my VIN. When I went to the dealer about the issues, you get it's "normal MyFord Touch issues, Ford is working on a fix and we are told not to mess with it".

Well that's fine and I understand their position where everyone is in a holding pattern waiting for Ford to get this stuff resolved. I want something put in my file so Ford doesn't take stats and come up with some rediculous numbers like 90% of owners are happy with their system. What about the people that have been brushed off and nothing put into warranty on their vehicle because they are told to wait until the next update comes out? Those aren't included in that stats. I would advise anyone that is experiencing a problem with this system to call customer service and document it also.

Here are the issues I documented, the consistant ones disregarding the smaller MFT bugs:

1. The clock resets itself to an abartrairy time 2-3 times a month, which requires a manual reset. No gps setting on my non-nav unit.
  2. The siruis presets blank themselves out every once and awhile. They still tune the stations, but don't display the station names on the buttons. The fix is to switch sources or pull the fuses for a reboot.
  3. My phone shows connect to the system, but when dialing using Sync, there is no audio, and people can't hear me when I call. Sometimes if I pick up my phone and call manually from it, it will call normally through the system. Kinda defeats the handsfree purpose, huh?
  4. The system chimes every time you start up the vehicle saying I have a new text message, even though they are all read. When I have the system read the message, it speaks a bunch of garbled digits for about 30 seconds and stops.

Sad thing is my 2012 Focus had MFT issues that included the clock problem, so it continues into 2013 with the "performance upgrade" with no end in sight. What is it going to take to get resolution to this system? How many customers are they going to disappoint or lose? Maybe they just need to start over, it's such a shame it's going on 3 years that Ford has been screwing around trying to make it right.

I love the vehicle otherwise, with a major blemish that is MFT.

I called the main Ford customer service line today to document the continued issues with MyFord Touch. The lady was very plesant to talk to and wrote the issues under my VIN. When I went to the dealer about the issues, you get it's "normal MyFord Touch issues, Ford is working on a fix and we are told not to mess with it".

Well that's fine and I understand their position where everyone is in a holding pattern waiting for Ford to get this stuff resolved. I want something put in my file so Ford doesn't take stats and come up with some rediculous numbers like 90% of owners are happy with their system. What about the people that have been brushed off and nothing put into warranty on their vehicle because they are told to wait until the next update comes out? Those aren't included in that stats. I would advise anyone that is experiencing a problem with this system to call customer service and document it also.

Here are the issues I documented, the consistant ones disregarding the smaller MFT bugs:

1. The clock resets itself to an abartrairy time 2-3 times a month, which requires a manual reset. No gps setting on my non-nav unit.
  2. The siruis presets blank themselves out every once and awhile. They still tune the stations, but don't display the station names on the buttons. The fix is to switch sources or pull the fuses for a reboot.
  3. My phone shows connect to the system, but when dialing using Sync, there is no audio, and people can't hear me when I call. Sometimes if I pick up my phone and call manually from it, it will call normally through the system. Kinda defeats the handsfree purpose, huh?
  4. The system chimes every time you start up the vehicle saying I have a new text message, even though they are all read. When I have the system read the message, it speaks a bunch of garbled digits for about 30 seconds and stops.

Sad thing is my 2012 Focus had MFT issues that included the clock problem, so it continues into 2013 with the "performance upgrade" with no end in sight. What is it going to take to get resolution to this system? How many customers are they going to disappoint or lose? Maybe they just need to start over, it's such a shame it's going on 3 years that Ford has been screwing around trying to make it right.

I love the vehicle otherwise, with a major blemish that is MFT.

Here's a good placed to list your issues:

http://outofmytouch.com/

Cheers, Rollsplat

... so it continues into 2013 with the "performance upgrade" with no end in sight. What is it going to take to get resolution to this system? How many customers are they going to disappoint or lose? Maybe they just need to start over, it's such a shame it's going on 3 years that Ford has been screwing around trying to make it right.

Last night we picked up our new 2013 Escape SEL, while the salesman was showing all the features to us, MFT crashed. Awesome! I have a 2012 Explorer with MFT and am quite aware of the issues, but it took 3 days for my Explorer to crash and give me "scheduled maintanence" reboot screen. The Escape beat easily beat that, wasn't even off the lot.

Last night we picked up our new 2013 Escape SEL, while the salesman was showing all the features to us, MFT crashed. Awesome! I have a 2012 Explorer with MFT and am quite aware of the issues, but it took 3 days for my Explorer to crash and give me "scheduled maintanence" reboot screen. The Escape beat easily beat that, wasn't even off the lot.

Yep, doesn't suprise me. I will be calling Customer Service back because their newest update, 3.2.2 still has not resolved the clock issue. Will take time to see if has fixed any other issues.

Just tried a chat session with MFT support (during normal operating hours) and got this message:

Thank you for contacting Ford Sync. Currently all of our agents are helping other customers.

Please check back during our normal chat operating hours:

Monday -Saturday 8:30 AM to 1:00 AM ET.

Sunday 11:30 AM to 1:00 AM ET.

Wonder why..............(sarcastic)