2013 Escape wheels specs

I know it's a little early, but I am shopping around for winter wheels and tires for the escape. I have yet to find any online retailer that lists any type of wheel choice for the 2013 Escape. I have the standard 17" alloy wheels and want to purchase either 17" black steel wheels or go with 17" winter alloy wheels. The best info I have so far is that the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 with a wheel offset of 52.5. Does anyone have the center bore diameter for hub-centric wheels or should I go with a universal fit type.

What about older escape wheels, will they fit 2013 models??

Thanks,,,

I would try a local tire/wheel retailer and have them look up wheels by specifications rather than by vehicle. The center bore should be easy enough to measure with a five dollar caliper (once you remove a wheel from your Escape) from the local Menards/Home Depot. A half way accurate tool is relatively cheap and you will use it more than once if you have one. Personally I hate the looks of 10 hole multi-fit wheels.

I have also asked our salesman to keep an ear open for someone buying a new Escape and wanting to get aftermarket wheels rolled into the financing and wanting to sell their OEM wheels (I plan on getting snow tires). I might be waiting while for this to happen though. eBay, Craigslist and car forums are the other good sources of unwanted wheels.

Yay! Thanks. I haven't checked during the last week or so.

Edit.

Not so yay...the 19" refurbished wheel for a Titanium that has been on eBay says the bolt pattern is 5 X 114.3 while the Tire Rack selections state the bolt pattern is 5 X 108.

There is also a set of OEM 17" factory alloys on eBay with a starting bid of $650. That listing states the bolt pattern is 5 X 4.5", which would be 114.3mm. Is Tire Rack wrong? Seems to be.

Edited by pillboy

Finallly picked up my 2013 Ford Escape yesterday. According to an online guide I found, the proper way to mesaure a 5 lug bolt pattern is as follows:

Measure from the center on one hole to the BACK of the third hole.This is the easiest way to estimate a 5-lug bolt circle.

You can also measure from the CENTER of one hole to the CENTER of the third hole using 1.05 multiplier to find your bolt circle.

Therefore, based on my measurements it's a 5x108.

5lug.jpg

I took a wheel (19") off the Escape last night and made some measurements.

Bolt circle is indeed 5 X 108mm (I made a template and laid it onto the studs). This is also known as 5 X 4.25".

The center bore is 63mm (measured both the wheel and the hub on the car using a caliper).

Lug nuts are M12 with a 1.5 pitch (used a bolt gauge and a thread pitch gauge), the OEM ones take a 19mm socket and are tightened to 100 ft lb.

Side note, the 19" wheel/tire combo is HEAVY.

Edited by pillboy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was at the dealer today and they sell tires...so I decided to ask about getting a set of snow tires on wheels with TPMSs. Those of you with Titaniums are in for a BIG surprise if you wreck a wheel. It appears the MSRP prices on this site are correct (I had doubts): http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx?gnav=nav:home

Naturally the service writer asked me for my VIN and even though I stated I was interested in a price quote for 17 inch alloys or 17 inch steelies (like on the S), I was given a price for the baller 19s for the Titanium. I was there on my lunch break, so I didn't have time to pursue things further with the parts department, but I now have reason to believe the prices on fordparts.com are correct for the other Escape wheels.

Keep in mind these prices are for eaches and are list prices. The center cap is $20.78. The valve stem/TPMS "kit" is $83.73 (net is lower than list of $97.96...hmmmmm). And the wheel itself is................$627.22! WTF Ford? It's an Escape, not a Ferrari! And it gets better...there is also a $50.00 core charge on each wheel. Total for four 19 inch Escape Titanium wheels (complete, just add rubber) is $3,346.59 including Minnesota sales tax.

I did manage to keep from laughing out loud...until I got to my car.

After reading wheel cost I am going to buy the Ford Road Hazard for wheels and tires. I have called several dealers and prices range from 400 to 550 for unlimited miles, 5 years. At 2/32nd tread depth they consider the tire gone so if it happens then you have to buy tire. They do not pro rate the tires from what I understand prior to that. Not sure if there is a time limit from date of purchase but dealer said I am okay at just over three weeks ago. I have the 19inch wheels

MB - what width are the 16 inch steelies? My local tire dealer (wonderful service and close to Tire Rack prices) showed me some universal-fit (10 holers) 16 inch rims that were 7" wide and a 38 offset. The OEM 17 inch wheels are a 7.5 inch width and I can only assume the same offset as the 19 inchers (52.5mm). General Tire's spec sheet shows that acceptable widths for a 235/60-16 is 6.5 to 8 inches, so you should be OK. IF the wheels you are getting are the same 38 offset, that will push the tires 6/10 inch farther outboard from what stock is.

al - Ford sells a road hazard warranty that covers tires??? I thought once the car is yours, the tires are covered by the tire manufacturer's warranty? Interesting.

I am going to check with my auto insurance agent in the morning as the more I thought about doing this, it might be cheaper to lower my deductible to 250.00 and have coverage that way if you had any accident which I guess tire or wheel damage would be the result of even if running over something would be covered it a tire or wheel had to be replaced. Not sure what answer will be.

Sorry intended to include this with my above reply. I would be compairng 400 one time for 5 years vs increase in premium for the same time over 5 years. 2 incidents at 250 deduct would be close to the one time 400.00 and think this would not be a constant or frequent hazard if ever so even if you had two incidents I think that would be unusual. We will see what the agent says after I explain my question to compare.

Hello MB from Montreal also!

We just took delivery of our new SEL this week, and unfortunately will also be looking for winter tires/wheels too soon...

Keep us posted with what you find out about the wheels, I am looking for another set of alloys in 17'' or 16'' to replace the stock 18's so I'm looking at what other model's wheels would fit. So far, the 108mm spacing seems rare.

I've had very good experience with TOYO G02 winter tires, so that's probably what will go on the 'Scape.

Ben

Check with your dealer about the ford triple care package. My dealer sold it to me for $258.00. See the attached brochure.

This is for 5 years unlimited mileage and no deductible. Hope this helps.

TripleCARE is three plansin one, covering tire and wheel damage, minor dents and dings, and windshield chips and cracks.

http://owner.ford.com/Storage/mfMmediaFile/FordESPTripleCare.pdf

Hello MB from Montreal also!

We just took delivery of our new SEL this week, and unfortunately will also be looking for winter tires/wheels too soon...

Keep us posted with what you find out about the wheels, I am looking for another set of alloys in 17'' or 16'' to replace the stock 18's so I'm looking at what other model's wheels would fit. So far, the 108mm spacing seems rare.

I've had very good experience with TOYO G02 winter tires, so that's probably what will go on the 'Scape.

Ben

Hey benlavigne,

Congrats on your purchase. The Toyo G02 are great tires as well. They are top rated on the APA website. http://www.apa.ca/WinterTires2011-PassengerCars.asp

It's a little early to buy winter tires at the moment but it pays to do a little research before purchasing. The rims are available from MacPek in a 17" or 16" black wheel and can be purchased from most tire retailers in Quebec. I like hubcentric wheels and not the universal fit wheels. The bolt pattern is 5x108 and I am going for 16x6.5" rims and 235x60x16 tires. The reason for going 16" is mostly an economic one. You get better traction in the snow with a more narrow tire anyway. I would love to get a set of alloys, but you know how winters are in Montreal and the crater sized potholes don;t help. If you damage an aftermarket alloy wheel, and they are no longer available, you will be forced to buy another set of 4. If you damage a black steel wheel, you can just buy another replacement. Alloys can be repaired, but it depends on the type of the damage. .

Enjoy your ride.

Macpek shows a hubcentric 17 inch steel wheel specifically for the Escape on their website (part number X43758). It appears to me that Macpek is a manufacturer or wholesaler and does not sell directly to the public. They do list a USA representative and a phone number. I happen to be going to International Falls next week and now plan on seeing if I can find a retailer (there or in Fort Frances) that can sell me these wheels and hopefully just have them drop-shipped to my home address.

Thanks Blaster.

Edited by pillboy

Hey benlavigne,

If you damage a black steel wheel, you can just buy another replacement. Alloys can be repaired, but it depends on the type of the damage. .

Enjoy your ride.

Thanks MB,

I will go down 1 or two sizes wheels to get a narrower tire with more sidewall, which should help protect the wheels also. I had those steel wheels on other cars before, and they start to rust and look ugly pretty quick. I bought a set of ''police'' wheels for my Charger last year, but had them repainted and cleared before using them. That is one rare instance where Steel wheels look better than comparable sized alloys!

I see Macpek has some mags listed for our application, I will get a price on them compared to steel. Also, the price of 16'' tires compared to 18's should offset some of the cost difference of the wheels!

Ben

It's a little early to buy winter tires at the moment but it pays to do a little research before purchasing. The rims are available from MacPek in a 17" or 16" black wheel and can be purchased from most tire retailers in Quebec. I like hubcentric wheels and not the universal fit wheels. The bolt pattern is 5x108 and I am going for 16x6.5" rims and 235x60x16 tires. The reason for going 16" is mostly an economic one. You get better traction in the snow with a more narrow tire anyway. I would love to get a set of alloys, but you know how winters are in Montreal and the crater sized potholes don;t help. If you damage an aftermarket alloy wheel, and they are no longer available, you will be forced to buy another set of 4. If you damage a black steel wheel, you can just buy another replacement. Alloys can be repaired, but it depends on the type of the damage. .

Enjoy your ride.

Winter is coming...

Just came back from the Dealer, and I ordered mine (ours). Probably with delivery end November.

So by then we definately need Wintertires.

Good to hear that downsizing wouldn't be much a problem at all. And black steel works just fine in the muddy snow when no one is able to see the tires anyway :angel:

cheers