Fusion ST

Unreal

I wanted to start a rumor about an upcoming Fusion ST, but Motor Trend already did this 6-months ago...

http://www.motortren...atch_and_wagon/

I would love to see a high performance V6 EB AWD Fusion ST! 2014 maybe? On the other hand, the rumored total restyle of the 2015 Mustang might fit the bill depending on its new style.

Edited by Unreal

Well, the latest that's been posted here is that expanded model offerings may become available when production expands to Flat Rock in 2013. An ST would only seem like a natural progression based on what Ford has done with all of its other models recently. It would be strange that the Fusion would be the only mainstream offering (other than Escape at this point I guess) that didn't get some sort of performance variant.

Next Summer please...I can wait that long for a new car! Otherwise its going to be a SHO, since the MKZ is too pricey for me...

I doubt we will see retail delivery of a Fusion ST anytime in 2013...more likely sometime in 2014.

Well yes, but 2014's going to be a pretty crowded show year for obvious reasons. If they're at all confident the performance Fusion's drivetrain will be ready in a timely manner (which could be as much as a year after the show) they're much better off using it to spice up next year's display than having it overshadowed by the new pony.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Summer please...I can wait that long for a new car! Otherwise its going to be a SHO, since the MKZ is too pricey for me...

I too go back and forth between the SHO and the MKZ, but will a fully optioned SHO cost that much less than the “Z”. I thought the MSRP for the SHO with all the bells and whistles comes in at the mid 40K range. If that’s the case then it’s not that much more of a reach for a loaded “Z”…or, at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

Funny thing is that a dark horse I keep going back to also is the Focus ST. The boy racer status doesn’t set well with me as I’m almost 50. The size is also a major concern for me as I compare it to the ranger I had. After about an hour behind the wheel I became restless and uncomfortable. A fusion ST would be very doable but like you I’m looking at months not years until my next automobile purchase.

I too go back and forth between the SHO and the MKZ, but will a fully optioned SHO cost that much less than the “Z”. I thought the MSRP for the SHO with all the bells and whistles comes in at the mid 40K range. If that’s the case then it’s not that much more of a reach for a loaded “Z”…or, at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

Funny thing is that a dark horse I keep going back to also is the Focus ST. The boy racer status doesn’t set well with me as I’m almost 50. The size is also a major concern for me as I compare it to the ranger I had. After about an hour behind the wheel I became restless and uncomfortable. A fusion ST would be very doable but like you I’m looking at months not years until my next automobile purchase.

I've been doing the numbers with the SHO vs a Fusion Ti with Z plan pricing I can get and the price difference is about $140 a month for a car payment..which isn't that bad. I haven't see the pricing for the MKZ yet (well A/Z plan)...but I'm going to assume its going to be about $50 bucks more a month, which makes it a stretch. The Focus ST is about $100 bucks cheaper then a loaded out Fusion.

The Focus ST is pretty nice, but I felt the driving position was a bit on the tight side, which was further reinforced by the deep side blustering on the Recardo seats that was snug near my kidneys...I'm not fat per say (6'2,34 waist, 225lbs) but these seats where giving me a bit of a complex thinking I was. I'm not sure how they are on long drives though, but the guy who was an instructor said he's driven 2 hours on them and they are very supportive.

Heck I think I'd be happy with an AWD Fusion Ti with a 6 speed with the Ecoboost I4...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello I just joined your forum after this thread came up after searching for a ford fusion ST. I am getting a new Explorer Sport this week , after running an 04 impreza STI for 9 years.

I figured ford could produce a similar ride to the STI . In stock trim it does 0-60 in 4.5 sec. and works great in all weather conditions. A minor remap of the ECU gives 360 hp and 380 ft/lbs with 94 octane

Without a spare and jack (45 lbs ) the car weights 3100 lbs If Ford repacked the 3.5 ecoboost ,surely it could fit in the Fusion ? Just add aluminum hood ,doors.... Ford can do this

Edited by eh cam

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...