Length from Order to Arrival

VaporEdge

An update on my Escape. I ordered it on 7/7, it's blend date was 7/31, ETIS shows that it was built on 8/2 but it hasn't shown up at my dealer yet. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks but to be fair my salesman did tell me that it would be 6 to 8 weeks. The anticipation is killing me!

He should be able to give you the ETA date. Vehicle is built in Ky and i live in Al. Less than 4 and 1/2 weeks from order

date to delivery. One of the weeks they were closed for the July 4th holiday. Dealers don't want to be bothered but they

can just about tell what is going on with the vehicle. Most times it has to do with dealer allocation. It has everything to do

with the amount of time. If they don't have allocation they don't get vehicles no matter how many they order.

It appears in my case it'll take much more than 8 weeks from order to arrival, thanks to the salesman. Maybe this sad story will be useful to someone:

After 6 weeks I asked for an update. The vehicle is in route, was the answer. On week 8 I learned the original order is still "Unscheduled- Compatibility" and asked the dealer what the heck was going on. "It's all fine, I changed your order number to 001", he said. Hm, OK... I called Ford CS line the next day about order 001 and they confirmed that my white Escape is indeed en route. It would be good news, except that I ordered a blue one. The dealer is ignoring my emails now, so I think he actually screwed the order, does not want to admit the mistake and wants me to wait for the car for ages. Oh well, that kind of experience is not for me, thank you. I'll order some place else.

So, I'd highly recommend to ask dealers for weekly updates, at least until a VIN is issued. Apparently noone can be trusted, especially salesmen.

My wife and I placed our order on June 4th and was supposed to be delivered on July 17th, but was held with the rest due to the recalls even though we ordered the 2.0 liter. Our blend date was 6/26. Now they tell us that all of the Escapes are being released late August. So I guess we will wait and see.

Edited by golowes48

I ordered my first new care the Escape Titanium on June 14 and the car was built on July 16. Still haven't came in and the dealer can't get any information about where that car at. I have no clue when the car coming in and this making me angry. I hoping this will come in this week like Thursday but I doubt it but you never know.

Edited by ansi789

I contacted Ford customer service about my Escape which built on 8/2. I was told that it doesn't have a dealer ETA yet and it's still at LAP for some reason. Hopefully ansi789 is right and everything being held will be moved out by the end of August. It was disheartening on Sunday to find another Escape at my local dealer that was built a week after my car.

Still on track to be delivered the week of 8/20. Got my VIN today and was able to pull up the pdf of my sticker. Build date scheduled for 08/09/2012. Finally starting to feel real...

Receieved "the call" this afternoon about 3:30. Made it to the dealership at 5:30. Left the dealership with my beautiful Ginger Ale Titanium at about 8:00pm. Ford's ETA's were just about right on for me. Was quite a thrill to drive it home, though I wish that most of my drive wasn't in the dark so I could spend more time admiring it. I'll post some pics once I have a chance to take some.

It seems what orders the dealer has in place and how creative they are has a lot to do with when you get your special order. In our case, they were able to simply modify a dealer order that was already in place at the factory to reflect what we wanted. By doing so, we got our vehicle in 35 days from the time we visited the dealership and entered the order, to when it showed up at the dealer.

Thirty-eight days from sitting with the salesperson (order was to actually be placed the following business day) until we picked up our special order (and that was two days after we got the call that the car had been through dealer prep).

35 days from order to pickup for me. The salesman was a friend of the family so I was kept in the loop about the order process and the progress throughout. My order was new, not an alteration to something they had already ordered. I know he put the highest priority code in. Perhaps some dealers aren't comfortable using that in all cases?

This is the latest on my Escape: In Transit - Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Louisville, KY Aug-22-2012, 18:47 ET. ETA Sep-01-2012. Sure hope it comes in early. The original order was placed on June 16th, when the recall occurred it had not been scheduled yet so I switched from the 1.6L to the 2.0L. I am starting to get antsy!!!

Ordered a 2013 Escape Silver 2.0 AWD with everything except the towing package on 7/17. DORA signed 7/19. Blend date 8/17. Build date per ETS 8/19 (which is a Sunday)? Initial ETA 8/20. Next ETA 8/27. Next ETA 8/28. Excited, anxious, and wishing Ford would provide a way for us to track our orders online without going through the dealers! I appreciate that there are Ford employees that use their own time to track an order for us but they shouldn't have to. I always follow the items that I purchase on eBay and I guess I'm spoiled.

the great unwashed masses who suck at every form of vehicular control.

My feelings precisely, LOL :) So many forms of sucking at driving... I'm thinking about installing a car camera to record everything on the road but still cannot choose a good and small one.

Today my wfe and I had one of those "can only happen to me" days. My wife's trade in, a 2000 Contour, has had no problems until now. She went to put in into gear from park, and in every gear, the car just revs and won't go into gear. The sales manager is a family friend and I hope he just takes it "as is" because I do not plan on getting it repaired. If the new one would have come in like it was scheduled to in July, we wouldn't have to worry about this now. If he doesn't take it I guess we will just junk it and order another Escape from some other dealer. I hope our ordered Escape gives us enough leverage, but I guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow.