The 10 greatest cars that were never built

I agree with the Adrenaline...it would have been a fun ride!

But, I would have to with the Tonka concept as one of my favorites. Not so much for the truck, but for the hydraulic hybrid powertrain that would have been sweet in an F250.

ford_F350_Tonka-manu-04_011-800.jpg

Aero. All those crowned edges create high pressure, resulting in increased drag.

It's all opinion. Mine is that the front and sides of the GT90 are excellent, but the back is — ewwww. :)

The styling is subjective. I was refering to the functional bits. The engine IIRC was a mercury V6 sandwich. It overheated and blow up the first time it was tested, and the second... Etc. The driving dynamics weren't any good either, bested by a period corvette that cost 1/5 the price. For all intents and purposes, it was never really engineered to be driven, only looked at.

The styling is subjective. I was refering to the functional bits. The engine IIRC was a mercury V6 sandwich. It overheated and blow up the first time it was tested, and the second... Etc.

Well, Ford did get it right with the ones they build for Aston, so, we'll use one of those, OK? Add gearbox of choice. And change the back end. :)

1963 Ford Cougar II

The Detroit Historical Society has the Cougar II (I am not certain if there are more then one) sitting in a warehouse. In a air bubble not to be seen by the public. Along with SO many historical cars.. Tis a damn shame.

Edited by wildosvt

The Detroit Historical Society has the Cougar II (I am not certain if there are more then one) sitting in a warehouse. In a air bubble not to be seen by the public. Along with SO many historical cars.. Tis a damn shame.

I built a couple of models of the Cougar II when I was a kid. It had always been one of my favorite cars. It is a shame it wasn't produced. It would have really given the Vette some competition and probably pre-empted the Datsun 240 Z.