June 2012 Sales Results

didn't quite meet what the consumers where expecting

I think this was the big problem with the decision.

You can fault the execution of, for instance, the MFT, but the reasoning behind it is sound. The DCT, OTOH, seems to have been rationalized into production. Would not be surprised if the MCE of the Focus introduces a conventional automatic.

Would not be surprised if the MCE of the Focus introduces a conventional automatic.

I dunno about that...I'd think the lost of a MPG or two would be huge to Ford...

Lets assume the big issues have been corrected, but what about training or explaining how the transmission works...just because it doesn't work the same as what your used to, doesn't mean its broke.

I dunno about that...I'd think the lost of a MPG or two would be huge to Ford...

Lets assume the big issues have been corrected, but what about training or explaining how the transmission works...just because it doesn't work the same as what your used to, doesn't mean its broke.

I do not believe that fuel efficiency drove the adoption of the DCT.

Further, if you're explaining, you're losing. It is not in our best interests to be perpetually catered to, but that's how it is and that's what we expect.

I find all the Lambdas to be a hot mess at best and absolutely nasty at worst, yet they sell like they come with free BJs. Of course, I think the Flex looks dynamite and it, well, doesn't. The American market, folks, one could go insane trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

Anybody bothered that Ford had the least percentage increase? 7% seems weak compared to GM or Chrysler, par with Hyundai who've been on a streak of late.

I know, I know they are more concerned with per unit profit than absolute sales..............but......

• Like 2

Top-20 best seller charts for the month and the first half of the year:

http://www.examiner.com/article/top-20-best-selling-cars-of-june-2012-and-the-first-half-of-2012

By the way, the VW news release posted earlier is for the wrong year. The Jetta didn't have an especially strong month -- 13k, which is quite good by VW's old standards but not what it's been up to more recently.

All releases now posted.

As to Timm's post, remember that last year Toyota/Honda/Nissan sales were decimated by natural disasters, and Ford was the biggest beneficiary of those sales.

Indeed. I would say Hyundai would be a pretty good barometer to compare against given the somewhat erratic results from some of the other bigger players over the past 12 months.

All releases now posted.

As to Timm's post, remember that last year Toyota/Honda/Nissan sales were decimated by natural disasters, and Ford was the biggest beneficiary of those sales.

That's why I didn't mention any Japanese companies. I expected a surge (no pun intended) from them.

Anybody bothered that Ford had the least percentage increase? 7% seems weak compared to GM or Chrysler, par with Hyundai who've been on a streak of late.

I know, I know they are more concerned with per unit profit than absolute sales..............but......

GM had a 36% increase in fleet deliveries.

That's why I didn't mention any Japanese companies. I expected a surge (no pun intended) from them.

GM had a 36% increase in fleet deliveries.

Also, in 2011 both GM and Chrysler were still suffering from plenty of post-bailout backlash, which has since softened. I'll take Ford's steady gains over the last few years than the roller coaster ups and downs that the other players have been posting.