Ford introduces the All New EcoSport

Biker16

Interesting... this car uses 1.5 Ti-VCT engine. Is it a de-stroked version of 1.6 or something different?

The Chinese Fiesta uses Mazda's 1.5 MZR engine because when the car started production, Ford still owned Mazda and Chang'an was building the two cars on the same line so they chose to go with Mazda engine. It is kind of weird if Ford decides to continue to use Mazda engine on the EcoSport if it is indeed the same engine.

Considering the new one just debuted, even if rumor this far in advance were accurate, we have a very long wait for that.

Somehow I doubt it, there is some significant regional issues with this product.

My apologies, I worded that poorly - I'm talking about the one in this post that did just debut - the rumor I'm referring to was from a few years ago when they were discussing bringing the last-gen EcoSport here but Fields decided not to because quality was not up to US standards, I thought I remember reading something about this new one (in this post that just debuted) potentially making it to the US.......but like I also said, plans may have changed since then.

This is actually part of the Sport package which they've been doing for a few years now.

Well I knew they'd been doing that Sport package without it and other models with it - they have a Rav4 commercial out that is misleading then (or at least I was mislead) - it shows 5-6 Rav4s driving along, all without the spare tires, so I was under the impression that they'd removed the spare tires from all models (assumed they were showing multiple trims in the commercial), but I guess they're all Sport models in the commercial.

My bad lol........eh, I don't follow anything Toyota anyway....

Exterior wise, I like it. Have no beef with the spare. Actually like it to save cargo space and for ease of access. No issues with the tiny tires/rims. Just purchase a taller tire to fill some of the dead space. But prefer to have a little more suspension travel than the huge rims on most cars these day that don't provide for much travel. Only real dislike I do have on the exterior, are the weirdly shaped and large front side windows (very noticable from the picture above from the rear).

Now on then interior, I'm really not feeling that dash. Hate how it has the sloping cab forward design, but not much you can do about that with this tiny vehicle. Like the 5-speed manual, but should be 6. Dislike the center stack, especially the HVAC controls. Now I do like the regular pod gauge setup over the gauges we've been getting with most newer US vehicles. But still hate that steering wheel.

Overall though, if they brought this to the states, I could see purchasing one for my oldest daughter.

Edited by V8-X