Fusion Coupe?

meyeste

Lincoln may have a two door. Soon..? Could a TBird be far behind?

We may see a Tbird but I can almost guarantee it will be a 4 door to replace Taurus.

A 2 door Fusion would look virtually identical to Mustang but without the performance and without a convertible - just doesn't seem necessary.

I too would like to see the 5 door/sportwagon, but the US just doesn't seem to want them here.

and I don't get it either. My 08 Mazda6 hatch looked just like

the std 4 door, but I managed to fit a 40 lb HF sand blasting

cabinet, in the box, in the back of that thing.

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/MAZDA6/FOR%20SALE/IMG_1381.JPG

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/MAZDA6/FOR%20SALE/IMG_1376.JPG

It saved me probably 10K miles or more from using my 3/4 ton dodge diesel

that I now have to drag around for lighter "pickup truck duty"

all the time, since I replaced Mazda with Fusion.

I think your definition of a vehicle with 4 doors being a mommy mobile is a bit outdated and silly. And a RWD vehicle with a good set of snow tires should do fine. But it's your money so you did the right thing.

Agreed. Minivans are the official soccer mom vehicle, not sedans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think your definition of a vehicle with 4 doors being a mommy mobile is a bit outdated and silly. And a RWD vehicle with a good set of snow tires should do fine. But it's your money so you did the right thing.

You are exactly correct my ideas are outdated I'm over 60 which means I lived through the muscle car wars. It is true those cars can't compete with todays new muscle cars but it was a great age to live through with 25 cent a gallon gas and few regulations.

It is sad that very few of todays affordable cars will be collectible or see increased value like the Boss 302, 429, or Boss 351 that I owned unfortunately it rusted away in Michigan and I sold it before the value shot up. ​I am however eager and waiting for the new GT 500.

Well, just in the past few weeks, the BMW 6-Series coupe and the Kia Forte coupe have both seen the chopping block(although the BMW might be replaced with an 8-Series

coupe.). The next Mercedes SL and S-Class coupe will merge into the next SL. Though not a coupe, VW is dropping 2-door Golfs. The next Accord will drop the 2-size, larger
Accord for North America and a few other places, and a smaller one for the ROW. The new worldwide model will be a bit smaller than the soon to be outgoing US version. I

have no doubt that the coupe will be dropped, maybe they'll sell the current one for a few more years. Outside of sports cars, 2-doors are done.

Here's a list of all the new non-sports car 2-doors on sale in the US by low-price brands(excludes axed models still in dealer inventories):

Honda Civic

Honda Accord

Volkswagen Beetle

Fiat 500

Smart Fortwo

Mini Cooper

• 2 years later...
On 2/24/2012 at 6:25 PM, meyeste said:

The 2013 Fusion is a major step up in styling for the Fusion, my bet is it will reach the 300,000 in sales mark first year (1 will go to me). I wonder how popular would the Fusion have to become (what sales mark) before Ford considers a two-door variant?

It's too big for 2 doors I think