2011 f-150 ecoboost 4126 mile transmission burned out

winterfrost

I love the this truck and the ecoboost has so much power its just the transmission i thought i felt it slip on day but never did it again untill

last night just left the ford dealer not even 1 hour on the road a smell of transmission fluid and thats all it drove the tow truck man took it back to the ford dealer this truck i ordered last april and got it in july.

post-28266-0-75069500-1329825197_thumb.jpg

Edited by winterfrost

I love the this truck and the ecoboost has so much power its just the transmission i thought i felt it slip on day but never did it again untill

last night just left the ford dealer not even 1 hour on the road a smell of transmission fluid and thats all it drove the tow truck man took it back to the ford dealer this truck i ordered last april and got it in july.

That is really bad news. I hate it for you, especially with so few miles. Upside is there should be no problem getting it fixed. Your truck is the same as I have been Internet shopping. Not ready to buy yet, depends a lot on what happens personally in the next few months. My wife's Edge's transmission does the "slip or skip" move occasionally. It had it's worse episode last Friday. Next oil change, I will have it checked out .

Best wishes in getting it back on the road.

That is really bad news. I hate it for you, especially with so few miles. Upside is there should be no problem getting it fixed. Your truck is the same as I have been Internet shopping. Not ready to buy yet, depends a lot on what happens personally in the next few months. My wife's Edge's transmission does the "slip or skip" move occasionally. It had it's worse episode last Friday. Next oil change, I will have it checked out .

Best wishes in getting it back on the road.

thanks for the best wishes trade them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

Haven't bought a new vehicle in a while, have you ?

FYI, I know 2 people who had the clutch on their Fusion explode with less than 20k. Neither were cover under warranty. SH!T HAPPENS !

98 B3000 with 181k miles, original clutch. I'm going to look at a new Frontier PRO-4X 6-speed this weekend. I have only owned FoMoCo vehicles, but that is going to change soon.

I had intended to go 200k before replacing it, but the smart thing to do is sell it before Ford's crappy cam sync grenades and locks up the motor.

98 B3000 with 181k miles, original clutch. I'm going to look at a new Frontier PRO-4X 6-speed this weekend. I have only owned FoMoCo vehicles, but that is going to change soon.

I had intended to go 200k before replacing it, but the smart thing to do is sell it before Ford's crappy cam sync grenades and locks up the motor.

Hope you enjoy the Frontier experience. I think it is a really nice truck that is sized about right. Hope you did find one to drive with the manual tranny. It's a good combo with the high performing and fuel efficient.V-6.

Anyway, thanks for hanging around after being chastised on these forums.

Been there.

U aren't the only one here fed up with ford I have a early build 5.4 3V POS and I truly believe u haven't even begun to see all the problems the super eco boost is going to have give it another year??

U aren't the only one here fed up with ford I have a early build 5.4 3V POS and I truly believe u haven't even begun to see all the problems the super eco boost is going to have give it another year??

I wonder about the Eco-Boost too. This thread probably started with one of the leaking pumps on the 6-speed tranny that just ran out of fluid. With the extended oil change intervals, no one notices until it is too late. Plus there is apparently an oil absorbent type shield under the engine/tranny. Makes it even harder to see or notice early on.

But, I too have been watching the complaints about the Eco-Boost on several different forums. Suspect there was a problem early on and once again as is Ford fashion, well into the next model year. Actually, that is pretty fast for Ford to worry about fixing. This is a problem that may very well result in early engine failures of the affected vehicles. I would not even look at one of these trucks on the used market. And, the fix might work on the new ones, but probably not for the first year or two of owners which are also not likely to get any help from Ford either..

Hard to have a lot of confidence here. Guess if I wanted a car or CUV, might feel different. Disappointed with the trucks lately - probably if I am honest with myself, for more than the last ten years.

Hope you enjoy the Frontier experience. I think it is a really nice truck that is sized about right. Hope you did find one to drive with the manual tranny. It's a good combo with the high performing and fuel efficient.V-6.

Anyway, thanks for hanging around after being chastised on these forums.

Been there.

Test drove it today. Very nimble and excellent power-to-weight ratio. Will pull the trigger Monday if I can negotiate a good price.

Seems like Ford is having more problems with the 5.0 than the 3.5 EB. The modular family's cam phasers always seem to be finicky for some reason.

Test drove it today. Very nimble and excellent power-to-weight ratio. Will pull the trigger Monday if I can negotiate a good price.

Seems like Ford is having more problems with the 5.0 than the 3.5 EB. The modular family's cam phasers always seem to be finicky for some reason.

I hadn't heard about any problems with the 5.0 only the 3.5, I had both cam phasers on my 5.4 3V replaced at 45K thought ford would have figured it out by now??

ENTIRELY different phaser design.

Lots of teething problems with both engines. Throw in a 6-speed auto tranny that never got the bugs worked out of it earlier and there are sure some unhappy customers having a fit on the forums.

The 5.0 does have some cam phaser problems although this seems to occur early on. Seems the oil consumption issue is the biggest concern. Imagine this has something to do with taking a high revving car engine and trying to beef it up for truck use.

Still have the hardest time understanding why these manufacturers are chasing technology in the hope of better fuel efficiency in over-weight, over-sized trucks. There are lots of us that would be happier with a good, efficient smaller truck that is lighter and smaller.

Let the towing crowd buy heavy-duty diesels. Better choice anyway for towing more than 5,000 pounds.

Will be interesting how this all plays out as gasoline prices head upward. For us, we'll just keep driving and fixing the older F-150's and Rangers. More than one getting a little too old for this to be reasonable, but just no good choices out there right now.

Lots of teething problems with both engines. Throw in a 6-speed auto tranny that never got the bugs worked out of it earlier and there are sure some unhappy customers having a fit on the forums.

The 5.0 does have some cam phaser problems although this seems to occur early on. Seems the oil consumption issue is the biggest concern. Imagine this has something to do with taking a high revving car engine and trying to beef it up for truck use.

Still have the hardest time understanding why these manufacturers are chasing technology in the hope of better fuel efficiency in over-weight, over-sized trucks. There are lots of us that would be happier with a good, efficient smaller truck that is lighter and smaller.

Let the towing crowd buy heavy-duty diesels. Better choice anyway for towing more than 5,000 pounds.

Will be interesting how this all plays out as gasoline prices head upward. For us, we'll just keep driving and fixing the older F-150's and Rangers. More than one getting a little too old for this to be reasonable, but just no good choices out there right now.

I so agree with u it is scary, I am looking at downsizeing as I don't need a big truck anymore and there isn't one out there I would spend 40K on right now, am looking at the tacoma and frontier.........

I so agree with u it is scary, I am looking at downsizeing as I don't need a big truck anymore and there isn't one out there I would spend 40K on right now, am looking at the tacoma and frontier.........

Been looking at both too. The Frontier is the obvious choice and a solid vehicle. But it would seem that the word is out on the demise of the Ranger. And, the pricing on the used Frontiers is too close to new. No real bargains out there. The new ones are probably still a good price relative to competition, just still pricey without much discounting.

The Tacoma has a lot of weaknesses and seriously needs to be updated. The 6-speed auto tranny is still trying to "learn" much like Ford's latest effort into this area. The engine is probably solid. The rear suspension - not so much. Frame weakness on both the Tacoma and Tundra are a concern to me. Frankly, I kind of like the Honda Ridgeline. Just too weak an engine for the size of the truck, high price and no benefit with MPG.

Good luck and try to figure it out. Find something that works. Getting harder all the time.

Been looking at both too. The Frontier is the obvious choice and a solid vehicle. But it would seem that the word is out on the demise of the Ranger. And, the pricing on the used Frontiers is too close to new. No real bargains out there. The new ones are probably still a good price relative to competition, just still pricey without much discounting.

The Tacoma has a lot of weaknesses and seriously needs to be updated. The 6-speed auto tranny is still trying to "learn" much like Ford's latest effort into this area. The engine is probably solid. The rear suspension - not so much. Frame weakness on both the Tacoma and Tundra are a concern to me. Frankly, I kind of like the Honda Ridgeline. Just too weak an engine for the size of the truck, high price and no benefit with MPG.

Good luck and try to figure it out. Find something that works. Getting harder all the time.

is this ford forums! or is it nissan forums! i was talking a ford and u guys took it over! start your own thread. who gives a shit about a nissan and i will pull my 3.5 ecoboost up beside it any time any day. my truck has new tranny and i'm picking it up today.

Edited by winterfrost
  • Like 1

is this ford forums! or is it nissan forums! i was talking a ford and u guys took it over! start your own thread. who gives a shit about a nissan and i will pull my 3.5 ecoboost up beside it any time any day. my truck has new tranny and i'm picking it up today.

Want to wish u the best of luck as u r gong to need it, wait until your next tranny takes a crap with no warranty and u will realize where we r coming from...........

Sorry your original thread got a little de-railed. Glad you are getting a new transmission. You should consider yourself lucky that the transmission completely failed. Otherwise, you might be dealing with lots of dealer visits and maybe fixes until the warranty expired.

I do think you were one of the lucky ones. Hope it works out for you.

Sorry your original thread got a little de-railed. Glad you are getting a new transmission. You should consider yourself lucky that the transmission completely failed. Otherwise, you might be dealing with lots of dealer visits and maybe fixes until the warranty expired.

I do think you were one of the lucky ones. Hope it works out for you.

thanks! my ford dealer and service manger are two great people they take care of they customers

ya it had a bad tranny oh well it is all fixed brand new tranny got put in the eco boost engine in this is great ,good gas mileage, even pulling this home

I am very glad you got it fixed so quickly and hope it stays in good working order. As I said earlier, our Edge has a slipping or hesitation in the transmission as well. I took it in for service today and they checked it out. The dealer is really a good one and has ordered the parts needed. The tech said he has had two or three of these and the fix seems good.

While there, I test drove a F-150 FX-4, 5.0. It was a beautiful black truck with black interior. It was super quiet and powerful. However, it too had a transmission problem. While driving along I punched it so feel the power and it hesitated and then slammed into a lower gear. Very rough downshift. The salesman looked a little perplexed when I told him our Edge was going through similar problems. The truck was a demo, not a brand new one.

Ford does have some problematic transmissions out there based on my experience and what the transmission tech told me. I am glad I have a good quality dealer to work with. I drive past two Ford dealers to trade and deal with this one. When the cars and trucks are problematic, you better have some support.

I am very glad you got it fixed so quickly and hope it stays in good working order. As I said earlier, our Edge has a slipping or hesitation in the transmission as well. I took it in for service today and they checked it out. The dealer is really a good one and has ordered the parts needed. The tech said he has had two or three of these and the fix seems good.

While there, I test drove a F-150 FX-4, 5.0. It was a beautiful black truck with black interior. It was super quiet and powerful. However, it too had a transmission problem. While driving along I punched it so feel the power and it hesitated and then slammed into a lower gear. Very rough downshift. The salesman looked a little perplexed when I told him our Edge was going through similar problems. The truck was a demo, not a brand new one.

Ford does have some problematic transmissions out there based on my experience and what the transmission tech told me. I am glad I have a good quality dealer to work with. I drive past two Ford dealers to trade and deal with this one. When the cars and trucks are problematic, you better have some support.

[/quote

]

i go 97 miles to my ford dealer thats how good he is to me, i had 2010 edge l loved it, but putting gas can in the back sucked, so i trade it. back to the the truck dealer had all the unnieth of the truck cleaned i told him i would to the rest of the cleaning, i'em very pickey it took me 3 1/2 hours to clean out side and in, its back in the builden and will stay there for a couple of day we have snow on the why dont feel like geting it dirty yet let me know how the edge comes out and heads up i heard they are haveing trouble with the 5.0 also

i had 2010 edge l loved it, but putting gas can in the back sucked, so i trade it. back to the the truck dealer had all the unnieth of the truck cleaned i told him i would to the rest of the cleaning, i'em very pickey it took me 3 1/2 hours to clean out side and in, its back in the builden and will stay there for a couple of day we have snow on the why dont feel like geting it dirty yet let me know how the edge comes out and heads up i heard they are haveing trouble with the 5.0 also

Why did you need a gas can in the back of the Edge and how would trading it for a F150 fix that problem?

Also - why can't you use punctuation and capital letters? It's almost unreadable.

Why did you need a gas can in the back of the Edge and how would trading it for a F150 fix that problem?

Also - why can't you use punctuation and capital letters? It's almost unreadable.

i carried gas cans for the use of gas at home in the car i had to take the gas cans out to fill them , with the truck u put then in the bed of the truck and shut the tail gate.

if it bothers u so bad that i dont use capital letters or punctuation dont read my post

did know i was in english class :happy feet: