Truck Advertising

ford4v429

Whats up with first the Superbowl ad, now the 'whatta you get if you take away...' Ram ad?

hate to say it, but best seller or not, think it might be time to step up the warranty to match the mopar, I would hope theres no reason Ford wouldnt be as confident

as ram... heck mopars have always been pretty notorious for 'issues', yet theyre standing behind them longer?. Aside from spark plug hole and intake manifolds, I dont recall hearing much at all about Ford durability in recent decades, they are well built vehicles.

why not match the powertrain warranty of the other guys? if not Ford at least needs to go on the offensive with advertising, tout the best seller forever/ no bailout/ no foreign takeovers, etc... the chrysler 'imported from Detroit' is the most clever advert I ever recall- Ford's ads just havent kept up... I'm no marketing expert, but predict 90% of folks would say GM and Ram have better ad agency ideas lately...imported from Detroit was ingenious. I'd still love to see some f150s pulling chains across the desert/over mountains/whatnot, then at the end show they had been dragging competing trucks like a M1 behind a tank retriever... end of the world huh- not necessarily :)

Ram and GM are both making Ford look bad- time for Ford to return the favor IMO.

When you bash other brands, it typically means that you know they are better and you have to resort to "name calling" to make them look worse. The same philosophy as bullies in school.

I prefer Ford take the high road and just tout the "good" of the Ford instead the "bad" of the others.

on the chevy superbowl ad, I agree- it was a 'name calling' thing... but the new Dodge ad about taking away from their product and having something comparable to a Ford was pretty harsh, but wasnt 'namecalling' as much as a inverse touting of their product 'by the numbers'...I'm not a Dodge ram fan, but think they got a great ad agency and Ford is being outgunned right now, need to step it up- not by 'namecalling' against gm or mopar, but they need to get a catchy comeback to the beating theyre taking in these ads...

on the chevy superbowl ad, I agree- it was a 'name calling' thing... but the new Dodge ad about taking away from their product and having something comparable to a Ford was pretty harsh, but wasnt 'namecalling' as much as a inverse touting of their product 'by the numbers'...I'm not a Dodge ram fan, but think they got a great ad agency and Ford is being outgunned right now, need to step it up- not by 'namecalling' against gm or mopar, but they need to get a catchy comeback to the beating theyre taking in these ads...

Ford is only taking a beating if the ads by the others are actually helping them sell more vehicles...

Whats up with first the Superbowl ad, now the 'whatta you get if you take away...' Ram ad?

hate to say it, but best seller or not, think it might be time to step up the warranty to match the mopar, I would hope theres no reason Ford wouldnt be as confident

as ram... heck mopars have always been pretty notorious for 'issues', yet theyre standing behind them longer?. Aside from spark plug hole and intake manifolds, I dont recall hearing much at all about Ford durability in recent decades, they are well built vehicles.

why not match the powertrain warranty of the other guys? if not Ford at least needs to go on the offensive with advertising, tout the best seller forever/ no bailout/ no foreign takeovers, etc... the chrysler 'imported from Detroit' is the most clever advert I ever recall- Ford's ads just havent kept up... I'm no marketing expert, but predict 90% of folks would say GM and Ram have better ad agency ideas lately...imported from Detroit was ingenious. I'd still love to see some f150s pulling chains across the desert/over mountains/whatnot, then at the end show they had been dragging competing trucks like a M1 behind a tank retriever... end of the world huh- not necessarily :)

Ram and GM are both making Ford look bad- time for Ford to return the favor IMO.

The Ram ad was simple and to the point. The question is why does Ford not offer a better warranty, at least as good as the competition? I currently drive a Frontier that had a good warranty on the drivetrain (5/60.000). The Frontier is getting some age on it and I am just now considering a trade. Believe me, the warranty is a consideration. I would not consider a Silverado, but a Ram could be considered. Of course, another Frontier or Toyota Tacoma seems more likely as I like their size and garagibility.

I am taking our Edge in tomorrow for service and will probably drive a F-150 as I have a promotion paper that gives me a $50.00 gift card for doing so. I know the Ford is a great truck, probably the best available. Question is still why does Ford not have that confidence? It has not hurt sales so far, but the added emphasis on warranties in these ads could make that change.

The Ram ad was simple and to the point. The question is why does Ford not offer a better warranty, at least as good as the competition? I currently drive a Frontier that had a good warranty on the drivetrain (5/60.000). The Frontier is getting some age on it and I am just now considering a trade. Believe me, the warranty is a consideration. I would not consider a Silverado, but a Ram could be considered. Of course, another Frontier or Toyota Tacoma seems more likely as I like their size and garagibility.

I am taking our Edge in tomorrow for service and will probably drive a F-150 as I have a promotion paper that gives me a $50.00 gift card for doing so. I know the Ford is a great truck, probably the best available. Question is still why does Ford not have that confidence? It has not hurt sales so far, but the added emphasis on warranties in these ads could make that change.

Ford also has the 5/60 powertrain warranty and for anyone who drives 12K/yr or less it's the exact same warranty as GM and Dodge. Only people who drive 20K/yr get the full benefit of the warranty.

Why doesn't Ford follow suit? They don't need to. It's that simple.

Ford also has the 5/60 powertrain warranty and for anyone who drives 12K/yr or less it's the exact same warranty as GM and Dodge. Only people who drive 20K/yr get the full benefit of the warranty.

Why doesn't Ford follow suit? They don't need to. It's that simple.

I stand (or rather sit) corrected! I thought that Ford only had a 3/36 on the drivetrain. Great news and seems competitive.

That is probably accurate. I last bought a new truck in 2006.

My 2007 Mercury Montego came with a 5/60. I recall reading for 2007 they were upgrading the drivetrain warranty. 3/36 on the rest though. Also on the 500/Montego starting in 2007, side air bags were standard, not optional.