Injector Pulse tapping noise

bpm382

I have a 2010, F-150 XLT Supercrew, 5.4L with 9,000 miles on it. Recently, I have been hearing a faint clicking sound inside the cabin. It sounds like its coming from behind the radio. I took it to a Ford dealer who told me its the "normal" injector pulse sound. I didn't hear this for the first 8,500 miles. The clicking sound is prensent 85% of the time, even when the fan and all HVAC systems are shut off. Its faint, but its annoying the hell out of me. Has anyone else experieced this? Does this sound like an accurate diagnosis?

• 3 weeks later...

Update. I had my truck into a dealership and the tech said the clicking was from the "Fuel Pressure Monitor" system. It wasn't clicking when he opened the hood, then it went on and started clicking....He immediately said it was the Fuel Pressure System and showed me where it was located near the firewall, Does this sound right?

Update. I had my truck into a dealership and the tech said the clicking was from the "Fuel Pressure Monitor" system. It wasn't clicking when he opened the hood, then it went on and started clicking....He immediately said it was the Fuel Pressure System and showed me where it was located near the firewall, Does this sound right?

Thats a new one on me but I am not a mechanic??

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2005 5.4 with 183k miles on it. The injectors have always made that noise, and I too can sometimes hear it inside the cab with the radio off. Have never had a problem with an injector though....it's normal. Just bought a 2013 Lariat Ecoboost 4X4, the direct injectors "tick" even louder than the 5.4's. Hope you enjoy your truck for many miles!

• 3 weeks later...

My 2001 with a 5.4 and 180k was quiet. It is just very dissapointing to go into a 2010 and have the interior noise go up this much. Both trucks were essentially the same, 5.4, 4x4, Lariat, etc. Oh yea, add that you can't open the door in the winter without snow coming in.