Old timers...

slingshot

• 4 months later...

Too funny found the thread while looking for info on a Transit for the busines... My 99 convert w 16k disappeared one night parked on the street in 04.. Some guy in Russia probably driving it :-)..That was the car I planned on having in the garage when I was 70. Oh well.

They had a sweet Black Shelby covert at the dealership today recaro seats etc but 62K yikes. I still have my leather jacket and Cobra CD and book memorabilia. Maybe they will be worth something someday. Hope all is well with all you guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would have to give up my plates too. LOL.

In California, we own the plates separate from the vehicle. When you sell the vehicle and want to keep your plates, you can indicate that its being sold without plates and you send the DMV a form stating that you retain the ownership of the plates for future use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WoW! I decided to take a look and this place is still kicking around. I am shocked!

I still have the '99, just had to replace the CATS and now off to the inspection station to get the registration completed.

13 years old with 54K on the clock. I can't really see myself ever selling the Cobra now! It seems to be a perminent fixture in my garage!

Still brings a smile to my face everytime I start it up!

WoW! I decided to take a look and this place is still kicking around. I am shocked!

I still have the '99, just had to replace the CATS and now off to the inspection station to get the registration completed.

13 years old with 54K on the clock. I can't really see myself ever selling the Cobra now! It seems to be a perminent fixture in my garage!

Still brings a smile to my face everytime I start it up!

Wow. Haven't seen you around in awhile! Still have my '97 too! 117,000 miles now (albeit with a rebuilt and supercharged engine now).

• 6 months later...

If any of you guys are still kicking. I am fortunate enough to add a 2013 Shelby GT500 to the stable. I had to do some parking shuffling, but managed to park all the good stuff indoors. I bought the mineral gray with black stripes, power package, recaros and a car cover. Cannot wait to get this thing broken in and change out those 3.31 gears.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

just decided to chime in here again.

I am driving a gelded pony for now. . . . . I had to put it completely back to stock to get it registered. is was not driven for about 2.5 years due to not passing California smog.

After I re-install the supercharger I will need to get a SCT programmer and start over tuning. This way there will no longer be a chip in the test port (which the Caifornia test stations can now detect) It blows clean but will fail the ECM function test. The tuner should fix that.

Right now I am just enjoying driving it again. I fixed all the other little things that used to bug me so once I get it back to FULL POWER it will be great!

Still looks the same too. . . . . . .Love this thing!!!

I dont know what made me look, but a thread for old timers? Any of you codgers remember me?

Pretty sure I do, weren't you in SoCal originally???

Still got the GN? My buddy is just getting his back on the road, should be in the 660 RWHP range now. His best time is a 10.52

Last time I saw it on the dyno it was about 560 HP. 2 HP less than a built Z06 Vette!

• 7 months later...

Yup Im from SoCal. The GN is long gone. Turbo blew out. Replaced it but when it fried, it sent enough debris through the motor to destroy it. I lost the rings in 1 cylinder, then parked it and ended up selling it for close to nothing to some kid. That GN sounds like a freak!

• 4 months later...

Any of the original 99 Cobra owners still out there? I saw a green 99 on the Hiway the other day. I could not catch up to him in the traffic. Car still looked good, original down to the exhaust and rims.

I still have mine, sporting a few add ons, ie KB, alum ds, flywheel, 3,73 gears, chrome wheels, tri ax shifter, JBA shorties, Magflow cat & hi flow H /w cats, corbeau seats.

I clay barred the whole car, did a scratch remover application, sealer and coat of wax, all by hand. I won best paint at a local high school show.

I has also added to the stable a 2013 Shelby GT500. I have less than 3000 miles and have added a bolt on kit for about a 100 hp bump.

I was just pricing some 3.73s, probably buy from Summit, don't know why I bother shopping. Getting back in the 99 Cobra is like driving a 66 model, all basic, nothing but fun!! I just barely remember to shut off the trac control. I cannot remember all the stuff that went on with the 99, but it sure is fun to hit replay every once in a while.

Some of us are still around. I sold my '99 6 years ago, but had a chance to buy it back earlier this year. It was run down a little and needed a lot of work. But the kid only put 18K miles on it in 5 years. The kid was desperate for money and sold it to a used car dealer for $3,000. I wanted to kill him. I had already stopped by my credit union to get the loan started. Uggghhh!

• 11 months later...

Bump to keep it going.

Just about to reach 30,000 miles.

Still stock, although I had to replace sagging headliner.

Cardboard gave up the ghost both front and rear.

New ones come with ABS backer board.

Drag it back out every summer to drive, and it still puts a huge smile on my face when the 32 valves are at full song!!!

Have a good one.

Larry