Old timers...

slingshot

I switched to an '03 back in '03 but still feel just as I have the '99. The '03 has been in the shop 17 times for warranty work but I still love the torque and don't see getting rid of it for a long time. Next up will be a whipple 3.3 and that should keep it pretty close to any GT500.

Good to see most of us haven't abandoned Mustangs and take the bad with the good in good stride.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, even though I wasn't one of the original '99 owners, if age is any measure, I definitely qualify as an old timer!

I stopped visiting this board about a year and a half ago when the powers that be ruined it by adding moderators and banner ads (something they said they'd never do). Then they "lost" everyone's posts.

Anyway, for some reason, something compelled me to visit this site, and it was good to see some familiar screen names. I hope all is well with you guys and gals!

I'm sure my '01 Cobra's an exception, but it has been a fantastic car. The only problem I've had was a leaking power-steering pump that the dealer replaced under warranty. Well, that and the shitty finish. I use the car almost exclusively for high-speed runs across the desert, and the front bumper and hood have not held up well - too many rock chips, scratches, and whatnot. I'm probably going to have the thing re-sprayed.

After seeing the exhorbitant cost of the GT500s, along with dealer markups approaching $20,000, I think I'll keep the '01, thank you very much.

The '01 is paid for, has 23,400 miles on the clock, and weighs considerably less than the GT500. With $15k to $20k worth of mods, including a Griggs or MM tubular front suspension, a forged lower end, and FI and the requisite tuning, my '01 seems a much better value than, and could possibly run rings around, the porcine GT500.

HITMAN: Judging from your signature, it sounds like you're on your way to doing just that.

Laters,

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped checking the Board a long time ago too.

Like everyone else, I miss the "Good ol' days".

Blowhards and Smarta$$es were soon running for cover!

Still have the '99 Coupe, but work so much that it still has yet to register over 16K miles.

I do manage to spot some of the old posters on other sites from time to time.

Turkey time is coming soon.

Hope all have a good one.

Larry

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Good, how about you? We miss your wit and scathing put downs...come around more often.

Are you in Vegas yet?

We are goint the last week in March and if you are out there we could hook up for a drink, or 10..........

Still stuck in LA. March might be fun in Vegas. Whatever happened to ELPresidente?

WTF, gentlemen (and ladies).

Still have the '01 and it still runs great. Never have done a thing to it except drive it. It sure gets me to work quick even if some old guys on their way to go fishing or play golf soil their britches as I pass them by. Two lane back roads can be awesome for making time. five traffic lights in an eight mile commute. Nothing else but stop signs.

• 2 weeks later...
You rang?

Sorry but I can't log in under my old trans man name for some reason so I created another. How the hell are you guys?

LOL!!!

I guess that's why there is a "trans man" a "trans, man" and who knows how many other variations in the members list! :sos:

How the hell are ya? I remember you each and every time I start my car! :D