Another What If?

fmccap

The Ann Romney bit was not an Obama offering, it was an opinion offered on a talk show. And it was quickly criticized by Obama and his wife. And i may add with much more vehemence than the right did over Deadly Tedly Nugent's violent comments about Barack or Limbaugh's Slut remarks.

That is because the right doesn't have to defend nut jobs. Romney isn't tied to them anymore than I am tied to one of those right wing preachers. On the other hand, the person who uttered that about Ann Romney is paid by the DNC, and was a consistent visitor to the Whitehouse, thus Obama had no choice.

By the way, just for your information-------->we all know the senate is controlled by democrats, yes? We also know that investigations are going on into fast and furious, solyndra financing, and at least 1 other thing. It is all about what did Obama know, and when did he know it.......along with his team.

Now, we all know nothing is going to be reported before the election, since the body that mostly controls this is run by guess who/whom. But, if Obama was re-elected, (and that still remains to be seen) but the senate was turned over along with the house staying where it is or better, it might not be so cozy for Obama if he was privy to early to what was going on. People tend to forget about all these other things since it is election time, but the GOP hasn't, because it is always good to have a fall back strategy in case plan A doesn't work out for you. I just wish Obama would change VP candidates to Hillary because if plan B works out and needs to be used, Joe Bite-Me as President is also a disgusting thought!

• Like 1

And the inuendo is somethimes more subtle (stupid too): THe tweet of a picture of Obama letting his dog ride in the front set of his car with the caption: This is how animal lovers transport thier pets. Dog lovers for Obama?

Seriously?

I'm sure that Fido would rather be strapped to the top of a car in a crate as opposed to constituting the main course.

Edited by grbeck

Yes, lets compare what his stepfather fed him while he was a boy to a grown man putting his dog on the roof.

Romney didn't put his dog on the roof of his car the same way some put their dogs in the rear of their pickups. The dog was in a carrier, and according to what Romney has said about it, the dog loved it. I can believe this, since every dog I've ever owned would stick his head out the window of a car at every opportunity.

Would I have done it? Hard to say. But with a wife, five children, and one car, it's not impossible.

How are you guys feeling now that Citizens United helped the establishment pick your nominee?

Proof, please?

Romney didn't put his dog on the roof of his car the same way some put their dogs in the rear of their pickups. The dog was in a carrier, and according to what Romney has said about it, the dog loved it. I can believe this, since every dog I've ever owned would stick his head out the window of a car at every opportunity.

Would I have done it? Hard to say. But with a wife, five children, and one car, it's not impossible.

Proof, please?

I threatened to tie our Shitzu mix to the roof of the car once when she farted on a 100 mile road trip to see our son in college. I thought the exact same thing as you about the Romney incident: the dog probably loved it.

Edited by retro-man

It's bullshit but it shows how little faith the right has in it's candidate to overcome the little things when they drag out the child Obama tried dog while living in Indonesia.

Here's the thing. Is it the right dragging the "Obama ate dog" issue around, or did someone on the right mention it and the left is making it seem like they're dragging it around?

I ask because other than bit of mockery directed toward Obama--and very shortlived I might add--I don't know anyone making it a campaign issue.

As far as I can tell, it was Ted Nugent (or some other publicity hound?) who brought it up in the first place. Perhaps Obama's ears are next? Regardless, people know what is and isn't important.

As far as "how little faith the right has in it's candidate", I think you may be projecting a little. Obama isn't getting the level of hysteria from everyone the way he was in 2007-8. His can't hide the last 3 years worth of his Presidency; and for those not caught up on the whole "First Black President" thing, reality is causing their eyes to drift.

Start with the Buffett Rule. Although this would effect only a very small number of people, and make a very very small dent in the deficit, he continues to use this as a wedge issue to drive the class war division. So, telling people the truth, how they've been screwed by the 1%, is innuendo?

Next up, the ruling that Catholics have to provide birth control for employees. The number of people effected is miniscule. Who really thinks that providing free contraceptives to law students is a national priority? All this was about was framing the converstaion about the war on women. But it's not innuendo. The GOP has a war on women, or is a trans-vaginal ultrasound a sign of respect and appreciation? Maybe Rush has an opinion?

And the inuendo is somethimes more subtle (stupid too): THe tweet of a picture of Obama letting his dog ride in the front set of his car with the caption: This is how animal lovers transport thier pets. Dog lovers for Obama? You're gonna have to do a lot better than this.

Seriously? That would be a great idea: taking the Gopper chimps seriously.

Edstock the rest of don't see ourselves as victims. That "1% screwing the rest of us" thing just doesn't stand up to any kind of reality test to begin with. Claiming that "they don't pay their fair share of taxes" would seem to indicate that if they di, then the governmnet would be able to spend more money. Newsflash: If you took every penny the 1% have it still would not cover the current spending levels.

So you think forcing the Catholic Church to violate it's own ethical standards is good policy? Do you think that law students are entitled to free contraceptives?

Calling it a "war on women" is silly. It might be a war on abortion, but that wouldn't sell as well now would it? What about women that are pro life? Are they at war with women?

Do you realize how childish it is when you engage in name calling? Gopper? Chimp? What a powerful intelect...

Edited by xr7g428

It is clear that the left is on the run. They brought up Ann Romney and didn't like the outcome, and then they brought up the dog in the carrier on the roof, and didn't like how that turned out either. While looking at the pols this early is ludicrous, they all point to the fact that Americans like Obama, but don't trust his economic policys. This translates to the pols being contradictory on who is ahead by 4 or 5 points, and they change day to day.

How many conservatives want to talk about dogs? How many want to talk about the contrived war on women? We didn't create the debate, we would rather talk about economic failure by Obama, but when the left trys to get everyone to concentrate on dogs or Ann Romney not working a day in her life; then gets hosed by doing it pushing the pols in the oppsote direction in which they intended, then we should all agree to talk about economics.....which they know they can't win, lol.

The left will continue to throw poop at the Romney to see what will stick, and then we will hear all about that instead of economic issues. It is the only they can win.

Lets look at what we have----------->talk about Las Vegas and 800,000 bucks spent and 35 future outings cancelled.........lets not talk about that. Solyndra and who knew what when, and was it really a gift? No, lets not talk about that either. 5 trillion spent and still over 8% unemployment? Nope, don't go there. A tax totally spun for fairness reasons against other Americans? You are an evil conservative, shut up. Lets get the speculators, eventhough natural gas is at its lowest level in years, and oil and electricity are through the roof because of Obama policys. In other words---->the use of speculators as straw men for his failures. You don't know economics; BIGGIE DEFICIT is a genius whose vision none of us neandrathals can understand. FAST AND FURIOUS? Wasn't that a movie, what are you talking about?

No, they insisted we talk about other things..........and now we are somehow the cause of it.

I am perfectly willing to go back to talking about failed Obama policies, Eric Holders FAST AND FURIOUS screw-up, just say the word. But somehow I have the feeling the left wants Ann and the dog to go away, but NOT talk about any of things in the above paragraph. We need to wait for them to find something to stick, then they will be ready to carry on a conversation.

Therefore, on my honor..........no more doggy stuff from me, or war on women...............until I see more crap from the left! I have purposely brought back threads about oil, liberal ideas on lunches, etc.......all to show how our friends want to impose their will on YOUR life. Let them answer tough questions about how their guys policys has made America look like something it has never resembled before, and explain it away to your satisfaction.

In my book, doggygate is dead, unless of course they continue to throw poop in an attempt to distract from what is the real issue...........your wallets, your jobs longevity, the price of gasoline/diesel fuel, the Presidents policys that harm all of this, and let them show that they support all these things as liberals, so you know how different they think than you do.

The 47% of the working people who do not pay taxes need you to pay more; so does Obama. Let them convince you-) If they do, good for them. If they don't, bye-bye Obama in November.

So Romney puts the dog on top of the car and Obama puts dog in his belly, Mmmmmmm!

I really could care less and I bet the Chineese I ate was cat or dog (damn good too BTW).

Its the season of political ploys and grandstanding. What was once thought of an "easy" re-election by many has some of the dem's tossing any crap they have against the wall looking for a mark. Its only going to get ramped up in the coming weeks. I am waiting for debate time when Obama is pressed on his own record and watch him keep dodging like Mohammund Ali. It should be fun to watch.

Instead of "rope a dope" its dope on a rope.

So Romney puts the dog on top of the car and Obama puts dog in his belly, Mmmmmmm!

I really could care less and I bet the Chineese I ate was cat or dog (damn good too BTW).

Its the season of political ploys and grandstanding. What was once thought of an "easy" re-election by many has some of the dem's tossing any crap they have against the wall looking for a mark. Its only going to get ramped up in the coming weeks. I am waiting for debate time when Obama is pressed on his own record and watch him keep dodging like Mohammund Ali. It should be fun to watch.

Instead of "rope a dope" its dope on a rope.

Cal is right! It is "about the economy stupid!" Jimmy is thanking Barack for getting him off the hook as the nicest guy, with the worst plan ever. The bottomline is---------->if you like the way things are going, vote for Barack and his posse. If you think that gas is to high, electricity is to high, jobs are not plentiful enough, the Obama GSA spending YOUR money hand over fist while they tell you that, "you are not paying your fairshare" is dizzy, and having Eric Holder send guns to Mexico ILLEGALLY, only to have them kill American citizens as absurd, then vote for Romney!

Almost everyone likes Obama personally; including me. But, just as the pols show...........over 60% know his economic policys are wrong, and that includes me too. He is just like Jimmy Carter, a nice guy in over his head, with no clue.

Send him back to Chicago, and let him help Rahm straighten out their problems.

When he gets rid of some of that "wetness behind his ears," let him try again!

Edited by Imawhosure