Ford's 2011 sales

Holy smokes! 25k Escapes? Maybe Dean's right, the incentives might be a bit too generous. And 68k F-Series? :happy feet:

Looks like Focus is settling in at the 15k/month range.

Lincoln managed to edge up for the month year-over-year and is only down .4% versus 2010. Not terribly bad, considering. MKX is also their top seller for the first time in a while.

Pretty solid month!

Fiesta has been down the past couple of months. Wonder why?

Explorer had a great month, as did most of the trucks.

Solid month for Lincoln too, even with the complete and utter lack of new product. MKZ and MKX are becoming two pretty solid marques to build the brand on.

There's finally some viable competition, besides the Fit? The dreadful Aveo's been replaced by the capable Sonic, Yaris is new, and the Accent/Rio are fresh on the lots and quite nice. This is a small segment and the Fiesta's now among the oldest products in it. Hopefully things pick back up with the MCE and the ST model's halo effect.

In December, Ford brand sales were 201,737, that is truly amazing......

Ford sold 68,278 F-Series pickups in December, representing its best December sales results since 2006.

For the year, F-Series sales totaled 584,917 trucks, making it the only vehicle to break the 500,000 vehicle sales mark last year.

F Trucks came so close to 600,000 sales, 68,000 sales in December is a remarkable achievement and bodes well for 2012..

Ford 201,737

Lincoln 8,403

Total 210,140

Chevrolet 161,158

GMC 41,960

Buick 14,974

Cadillac 16,259

Total 234,351

Caprice PPV.........99

Silverado-C/K Pickup 47,787

Sierra 16,495

Edited by jpd80

“The year finished on a high note, with industry sales momentum strengthening as the year came to a close,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “We saw Ford sales strengthen as well, posting our best December retail sales month since 2005 and closing the year as America’s best-selling brand.
Edited by jpd80

Looks like a lot of 'Mercury customers' swtiched to Ford brand with no problem. The prediction that Ford would lose sales from cutting Merc were disproved.

Ranger sales up 27% year over year. It will be interesting to see where former Ranger customers go. I would imagine that cheaper trim lines of F-150 and TC will pick up some of the former Ranger sales. Hopefully, the TC will be upgraded soon and built here for North America along with the Transit. Looking at 2011 Ford sales overall, the big winners seem to be pickup trucks and small to mid sized utilities. I wish small cars had done better, but it is what it is. For 2012, I would like to see Ford do better in small car sales and pass Honda and Toyota in sales in that segment.

Ranger sales up 27% year over year. It will be interesting to see where former Ranger customers go. I would imagine that cheaper trim lines of F-150 and TC will pick up some of the former Ranger sales. Hopefully, the TC will be upgraded soon and built here for North America along with the Transit. Looking at 2011 Ford sales overall, the big winners seem to be pickup trucks and small to mid sized utilities. I wish small cars had done better, but it is what it is. For 2012, I would like to see Ford do better in small car sales and pass Honda and Toyota in sales in that segment.

Small car's owners are very stubborn. They have been brain washed by Japanese for decades.

• Like 1

USA 2011:

Ford 2,148,806

GM 2,503,820

Ford is only about 355,000 sales behind, that's less than 30,000 a month...

Unfortunately, GM will do whatever it takes to keep that number one sales trophy even if it means onerous incentives and keeping redundant brands. Chevy appears to still be struggling at the expense of a stronger Buick and GMC. As I see it, Buick and GMC are siphoning off Chevy sales as GM makes Chevy the default brand. My credit is blown, I'm behind in my mortgage payment, so I'll buy a Chevy model with a subprime loan. Maybe someday when I get my finanical house in order, I'll buy a Ford, Buick, or GMC product.

"Small car's owners are very stubborn. They have been brain washed by Japanese for decades."

Agree, but also they hold grudges for 40 years. When more buyers come on the market, with no 'My 74 Pinto/Vega was junk' memories, then more sales for domestic brands.

"Small car's owners are very stubborn. They have been brain washed by Japanese for decades."

Agree, but also they hold grudges for 40 years. When more buyers come on the market, with no 'My 74 Pinto/Vega was junk' memories, then more sales for domestic brands.

Don't forget that this is the first gen Fiesta so the only ones buying them are first time buyers. In another 2 years we'll start to see repeat buyers with the MCE. Exactly what we're seeing with the Fusion. It won't happen overnight. The imports have been doing this for decades.

Possible but there are no guarantees in this life.

Small car's owners are very stubborn. They have been brain washed by Japanese for decades.

The problem with Fiesta the way I see it anyway. As a second car, Fiesta probably does well in sales penetration. But as first car, there are lots of small cars out there roomier and cheaper. That's where Fiesta loses. I would like to see Ford sell the B Max here and call it the Fiesta Max and sell it under the Fiesta umbrella. Takes some sales away from Fit, Versa, and others. It would be like a third body style for Fiesta and more work for Mexican plant. Focus should do better this year as pricier 2013 Escape and Fusion come on line.

More competition, most likely. Despite the hype, really small cars are still a niche segment in this country. More entries will require manufacturers to divide up a relatively static pie, as opposed to growing the entire segment. At the same time, full-line manufacturers need an entry, to capture some first-time buyers.

1325690001[/url]' post='754137']

Pretty solid month!

Explorer had a great month, as did most of the trucks.

Solid month for Lincoln too, even with the complete and utter lack of new product. MKZ and MKX are becoming two pretty solid marques to build the brand on.

Around here, gas has been at or under $3 a gallon for the past couple months (although it has gone up a little in the past couple of weeks). It seems that when gas is under $3, truck sales go up and compacts go down. But when gas goes up $3.50 or more, people start buying compacts and dump their trucks & SUV's. Maybe now that gas is going back up, Fiesta sales will improve.

There's finally some viable competition, besides the Fit? The dreadful Aveo's been replaced by the capable Sonic, Yaris is new, and the Accent/Rio are fresh on the lots and quite nice. This is a small segment and the Fiesta's now among the oldest products in it. Hopefully things pick back up with the MCE and the ST model's halo effect.

The fiesta MCE cannot come soon enough, combined with the mythical micro engine the EB10 should do alot to put the fiesta back on top.

Focus sales where actually up 1.5% year to year....so much of it being a failure....

we crested 14,000 focuses in December up 12%, the right way to gain sales momentum is slowly, much like how the fusion gained it's sales momentum. the difference between the 2006 fusion and the 2012 focus is the focus is a clear class leader, while the fusion was not when it arrived.

250811 units from only one platform. Amazing

Ford sold 248,000 fusions, 254,000 escapes, 175,000 focuses.

the next years will see these products move to a Quasi-Shared architecture (I know)

eventually D3/D4 will move to a version of this architecture too. the volumes of C2/CD4/D5 will be immense.

Classic F-Series 68,287 & Silverado 47,787 pick-ups sales absolutely awesome sales/profit numbers.

Boxy Escape 25,574 awesome

Fiesta 3,673 piss poor.

$500 rebate on the Fiesta

$2500 rebate on the escape.

never-mind the fact that the market does not favor B-cars the way it favors compact CUV's

It means it takes time and persistence for Ford to take customers from Honda and Toyota. thye are going to have to always be noticably better than the competition, this means better economy, better quality and better vehicles overall.

The fiesta MCE cannot come soon enough, combined with the mythical micro engine the EB10 should do alot to put the fiesta back on top.

we crested 14,000 focuses in December up 12%, the right way to gain sales momentum is slowly, much like how the fusion gained it's sales momentum. the difference between the 2006 fusion and the 2012 focus is the focus is a clear class leader, while the fusion was not when it arrived.

Ford sold 248,000 fusions, 254,000 escapes, 175,000 focuses.

the next years will see these products move to a Quasi-Shared architecture (I know)

eventually D3/D4 will move to a version of this architecture too. the volumes of C2/CD4/D5 will be immense.

$500 rebate on the Fiesta

$2500 rebate on the escape.

never-mind the fact that the market does not favor B-cars the way it favors compact CUV's

It means it takes time and persistence for Ford to take customers from Honda and Toyota. thye are going to have to always be noticably better than the competition, this means better economy, better quality and better vehicles overall.

It shouldn't be that hard with Honda botching the redesign of the Civic and Toyota doing hardly nothing for years to the horribly boring Corolla. Hyundai/Kia are certianly taking advantage of the opening as their sales are up even more than Chrysler.