'07 Fusion

BlueOval5.0

Took my 2007 Fusion SEL V6 FWD from Long Island to Manchester, NH and back today - 548 miles round trip plus a quick exit for food and fuel.

Hand calculated MPG for the first 381 miles was 30.8677 with average speed of 65 MPH and had defroster on about 25% of time during rain showers. Haven't checked the remainder yet but know it will be a lot worse due to heavy traffic on the last part of the return trip.

Very happy with that considering the car has 89k on the clock and still has the original tires. I've never done anything to the car other than oil changes every 5k (motorcraft parts and fluids), tire rotation every 10k, and an air filter every 30k. Still has original brake pads believe it or not.

All I hear from my Hyundai/Kia loving father is that the Sonata/Optima get 35+ but my response is that you can keep your 4-cylinder. The 3.0 V6 is just smooth and very quiet, never works hard.

Eric

Good lord...89K on the original tires?!? Are they completely bald or just mostly? Wow... Glad to hear your car is working so well for ya, but buy some tires, man! ;)

Believe it or not, they should last until about 105k or 110k although they are starting to dry rot a little. I'm finally going to have to spring for rear brakes as they are just about gone. The original front pads still have some life.

I may just bring it in for service and have them do everything at 100k and get it over with. I wasn't initially planning on keeping the car forever but now I may just keep it until 200k if all goes well.