My Focus Ti - Three Months In

NSA

Made it to month 3.. woo-hoo!

See previous months thoughts here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46977-my-focus-ti-two-months-in/

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46481-my-focus-ti-one-month-in/

Nothing super new to report on the car front this month, car has about 5500 miles on it now. Still using it as a heavy daily driver. Total of about 1 1/2 hours of stop and go traffic, 1 hour of freeway "at speed" driving, and maybe 2 hours of dense city driving per day. The open road is GREAT in this car, handles like a champ, accelerates at speed nicely.. overall very nice when there's no traffic.

Stop and go traffic sucks. The transmission does not like going back to 1st gear so often. It pulls and surges from time to time. Etc etc. It also HATES getting going from a stop on an incline. OH BOY. No idea what gear to predict it's going to go to first.. and since the engine does some sort of fuel saving thing when you hit the brake, be careful the car doesn't roll backwards if your foot isn't firmly planted on the brake. Had a couple of scares.

City driving is OKAY. Same issues with the transmission, but not quite as noticeable.

My A/C is progressively getting worse. It only blows "COLD" air about half the time now, the rest is "COOL" air, but has a humid twinge to it. Last trip to the dealer found "nothing out of spec" and I am tired of wasting my time with them so I may let it go until it gets hot again. Really the most annoying thing about this car is this A/C issue. Ugh.

MFT after the update is working.. "okay". Still has issues here and there. When I make a call through SYNC, when I'm finished it changes my radio station for no discernible reason. Odd. Re-indexing here and there, rebuilding media files.. random oddities, but no full lockups in a while. The touch screen still has a pretty crappy response feeling.. not sure if they can fix that in a patch or not.

Gas mileage is 'OKAY'. I'm right around 27MPG now, since I added about 15 miles/day to my commute. The extra open freeway helped bump it up a tad. Mileage still seems the same as my old Fusion in traffic (Around 24-25mpg).

I am still loving the Titanium amenities like keyless start, keyless entry, etc.

Overall I'd give this car a B- so far. It looks great, does most things well, but I feel like I got a lemon or something, as it has a few flaws that I didn't see during the test drives that are making me regret the purchase.

I feel somewhat better after reading your assessment of the transmission's confusion when on an incline. We have a ramp at work we must drive up to get up to the road. If I'm waiting in a line of cars or have to change throttle position on the ramp, the trans shutters quite a bit, sometimes even violently. Otherwise, on flat surfaces the trans operates fairly smoothly.