New Agreement

Empire

Everybody has a right to their opinion. The contract is as another poster put it “what we have asked them to do” if you’re a Union Brother that was and is about jobs first. Even if you’re not about “your brother” it has things for you as well. I guess it’s all about what you think is right. If you wanted everything returned, then you’re willing to let the product and the jobs go and the 2nd tier wage increase go. If you think that they will do both and put us back at nearly $72 an hour (all inclusive) then guess again brother because that’s not going to happen. We as a Union don’t want that to happen, because it cost us more jobs.

Did you get 10k for signing, no you got 6k. Did you get COLA, no you got inflation lump sums, but I must add that this is guaranteed money and not based off what the State says. In other words, it’s around .78 cents an hour.

But the main topic should be, IN-SOURCED WORK. How long does anyone think the Government would allow us to picket Ford’s if we struck? Think about it, even our President is on the News sticking his foot in Congress’s ass about “JOBS”. Can you imagine his reaction if he heard that the Union members at Ford turn down a contract that brought back work from foreign countries. A contract that brought added jobs in the tune of 1200. A contract that gives aprox 4 more dollars an hour for new hires. And was turned down because they felt that 6k wasn’t enough. Are you kidding me? He would lose his mind. Talk about slapped in the face. The man backs us, he is about American jobs and we need to be standing with him and show him that we are to.

Our IUAW has done what most true Unionist expected and then some. I’m an advocate of jobs above all else and to see that they have obtained work returned to the States, is awesome to me. Name one other President and Vice President negotiating team that has accomplished this, even when we were on top and Fords was spending money on “anything” we didn’t see work returned from off shore.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not about losing more pay and losing more benefits to say we have a job. We didn’t lose any more pay or benefits, we will gain some back. It’s about jobs this time, and we are gaining them. This in turn will make our Union stronger and show the general public what we are truly about.

Read the contract, vote on your own merit.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

Thank you Mr Hodges, truth with no spin........... well said and appreciated

• Like 1

Everybody has a right to their opinion. The contract is as another poster put it "what we have asked them to do" if you're a Union Brother that was and is about jobs first. Even if you're not about "your brother" it has things for you as well. I guess it's all about what you think is right. If you wanted everything returned, then you're willing to let the product and the jobs go and the 2nd tier wage increase go. If you think that they will do both and put us back at nearly $72 an hour (all inclusive) then guess again brother because that's not going to happen. We as a Union don't want that to happen, because it cost us more jobs.

Did you get 10k for signing, no you got 6k. Did you get COLA, no you got inflation lump sums, but I must add that this is guaranteed money and not based off what the State says. In other words, it's around .78 cents an hour.

But the main topic should be, IN-SOURCED WORK. How long does anyone think the Government would allow us to picket Ford's if we struck? Think about it, even our President is on the News sticking his foot in Congress's ass about "JOBS". Can you imagine his reaction if he heard that the Union members at Ford turn down a contract that brought back work from foreign countries. A contract that brought added jobs in the tune of 1200. A contract that gives aprox 4 more dollars an hour for new hires. And was turned down because they felt that 6k wasn't enough. Are you kidding me? He would lose his mind. Talk about slapped in the face. The man backs us, he is about American jobs and we need to be standing with him and show him that we are to.

Our IUAW has done what most true Unionist expected and then some. I'm an advocate of jobs above all else and to see that they have obtained work returned to the States, is awesome to me. Name one other President and Vice President negotiating team that has accomplished this, even when we were on top and Fords was spending money on "anything" we didn't see work returned from off shore.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not about losing more pay and losing more benefits to say we have a job. We didn't lose any more pay or benefits, we will gain some back. It's about jobs this time, and we are gaining them. This in turn will make our Union stronger and show the general public what we are truly about.

Read the contract, vote on your own merit.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

With all due respect, Mr. Hodges.

Please stop by Walton Hills Stamping Plant , shake hands with EVERY fellow union member there and thank them for their sacrifice.

In Solidarity!

• Like 3

Please stop by Walton Hills Stamping Plant , shake hands with EVERY fellow union member there and thank them for their sacrifice.

In Solidarity!

Lorain Assembly , Atlanta and Norfolk for a few more Ex. plants with employees that went along for the ride and the ride stopped.

It's a luke warm at best contract which I think is pretty weak IMHO. As to the Hodges comment the public really does not like the UAW anyway so if you are looking for public acceptance you can forget that idea. Also congress and the president have little to do with our jobs so I could give a rats ass what any of them think about our labor agreement that they have zero to do with. They will gladly accept union funds for their own benefit and continue to bail out our competition which may have gotten a better contract this time around.

As a trades person I see little benefit in it for the future and questionable job security if there is any.

As I said before it will likely pass so its over except a lot of moaning and the 8 post wonders trying to influence others to vote one way or the other.

Dispite how many times you and your other usernames come into this forum along.....

It's just one name. I can't remember my own home phone number. My wife's cellphone number is saved on my phone and I can't remember it, either. I have a drivers license so I know my mailing address.

Never could manage to keep two girlfriends at the same time when I was single.

Multiple personalities is beyond my years. Besides, I don't say it if I don't stand by it.

The new agreement is by far the best I have seen for jobs, our benefits and bonuses. The contract insures 6 billion dollars invested in our plants (6,000,000,000,000) and keeps our pension and benefits merely unchanged.

What many fail to understand is our labor rates are like a filled bucket. $58 per hour. To get back cola or Monday after Easter would be attainable but something else would have to come out of the bucket. Example; higher co pays and office visits or less vacation time. These labor rates are the very reason the UAW was able to gain all of this 6 Billion in investments for our job security.

So to satisfy every ones “need” to vote no to think the IUAW will get “something better” will not happen.

The bucket for labor rates is full at ($58) just like our plants will be….

Voting no will just take something else away that we now currently benefit from to get something back of the same value

The IUAW has the ultimate responsibility to protect all of us with Jobs………… For without jobs there is nothing to fight for…….

This agreement is a good agreement for our futures, The IUAW has upheld its responsibility

True +1

• Like 3

In Solidarity!

And I hope SHO_DRIVER, Sharp Shooter, Empire and all the rest of the paid IUAW guys on this forum thank them too!

And I hope SHO_DRIVER, Sharp Shooter, Empire and all the rest of the paid IUAW guys on this forum thank them too!

LOL, hey Empire and SHO DRIVER because we like the contract we are automatically on staff!!! Hey, I haven't heard from anyone in the IUAW yet, have you? This is what is so funny about BOF. If you actually like something, you are "on staff". LOL. There is no hourly employee in any plant anywhere who actually like the contract or the IUAW. That is why the media is reporting all the Regions supported it and many members in the plants support it. But, they are 100% against it if you listen to these guys. Too funny.

• Like 6

FiredMotorCompany: Don’t think for one minute that I’m not concerned about Walton Hills closing. It’s a sad day for sure. I’m concerned with any plant closing, that’s why I support this contract. Does it save all the plants, no. Does it give us all that we sacrificed, no. Will it make everyone happy, no. Does it save many jobs, yes. Does it add jobs, yes. Does it bring back work from off shore, yes. Does it move 2nd tier toward 1st tier wages, yes. Does it give us some money, yes.

You said that I have to shake the hands of Walton Hills membership, I’ll do that just after you tell me that you did it at Maumee when you got their work as their plant was shuddered. Or did we forget that Walton Hills was slated to close in 2007? It’s funny how soon some forget the past.

Let’s take a look back at 2006, at what was said just before it was announced that Walton Hills would stay open, but other plants would not. I don’t remember any of you on the BOF talking about how bad it was that other plants closed and that you were headed over to Maumee to shake their hands and accept them in your plant.

September 21, 2006

by Tim Troglen

Walton Hills It appears the Ford stamping plant has escaped being idled despite Ford announcement Friday that 14,000 employees across the country will lose their jobs.

Ford spokesperson Anne Marie Gattari said the Northfield Road plant, which employs 800 hourly and 67 salaried employees, will not close. She added that because of an agreement signed in August with the United Auto Workers Union, the plant will be run more efficiently and become more competitive.

"That is something we are very pleased with, and we commend the workforce of the UAW for understanding the business realities," Gattari said.

However, not all Ohio Ford plants were so lucky.

The Maumee stamping plant, which employs 620 hourly and 60 salaried workers, is set to close by 2008.

One Walton Hills stamping plant employee was relieved Friday as she went into work.

"Everything here is good," said the employee "We are going to be getting Maumee stuff. We have the Econoline [vans] here in Walton Hills."

So you’re saying that it’s a bad contract because it doesn’t save Walton Hills, but it does save AAI, Claycomo, Wayne, Avon Lake, Louisville and Kentucky. Also, ten engine and transmission factories and three stamping plants will receive investments. I’m sure there are more investments, these are just off the top of my head. But I guess all of these don’t matter to you, and I’m the selfish one, really? You do understand that I support this contract, right? Think about it.

Have there been multiple relocation bids? Yes there has. They just had LAP, KTP, CAP and CSP up for relocation bid, and I’m sure more will come as plants put on the 3rd shifts.

As for Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop accepting brother and sisters that post for open transfers into our facilities, your damn right we accept them. Our two buildings are a melting pot of different plants right now

I’m posting on here because I know that there are Union bashers on here that want nothing more than to get rid of the UAW. They come on here and stir the pot with their divide the workforce antics. Some of these “anti contract” posts are from idiots that don’t even work for the Big 3. They are paid to do what they are doing, print up the posts and spread it all around in the transplants saying “look they don’t care about jobs, just money

Lastly, I sign my post. I don’t hide and I don’t take shots at you because you chose to hide behind your screen name. I don’t post with any other name, it really makes no sense to me to do so. But think what ever you want, you have that right.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

• Like 3

This contract is nothing but blood money that the union brothers and sisters at Walton Hills Stamping will sacrifice there jobs just so you can get your signing bonuses! This contract sucks and will get a no vote . Be carfull what you vote on YOU my be next! FORD dosn't care about you or me WE are exspendable!

• Like 1

LOL, hey Empire and SHO DRIVER because we like the contract we are automatically on staff!!! Hey, I haven't heard from anyone in the IUAW yet, have you? This is what is so funny about BOF. If you actually like something, you are "on staff". LOL. There is no hourly employee in any plant anywhere who actually like the contract or the IUAW. That is why the media is reporting all the Regions supported it and many members in the plants support it. But, they are 100% against it if you listen to these guys. Too funny.

Great! I love it when I can make a person laugh...IUAW and Ford got me laughing too because this contract is a JOKE! I have NO problem with how you feel about the contract, that is why we have the option to vote yes or no. I'm telling everybody to read and ask questions for themselves and not be persuaded by others opinions. If we all thought the same way than this forum would be no fun, now would it?

FiredMotorCompany: Don’t think for one minute that I’m not concerned about Walton Hills closing. It’s a sad day for sure. I’m concerned with any plant closing, that’s why I support this contract. Does it save all the plants, no. Does it give us all that we sacrificed, no. Will it make everyone happy, no. Does it save many jobs, yes. Does it add jobs, yes. Does it bring back work from off shore, yes. Does it move 2nd tier toward 1st tier wages, yes. Does it give us some money, yes.

You said that I have to shake the hands of Walton Hills membership, I’ll do that just after you tell me that you did it at Maumee when you got their work as their plant was shuddered. Or did we forget that Walton Hills was slated to close in 2007? It’s funny how soon some forget the past.

Let’s take a look back at 2006, at what was said just before it was announced that Walton Hills would stay open, but other plants would not. I don’t remember any of you on the BOF talking about how bad it was that other plants closed and that you were headed over to Maumee to shake their hands and accept them in your plant.

September 21, 2006

by Tim Troglen

Walton Hills It appears the Ford stamping plant has escaped being idled despite Ford announcement Friday that 14,000 employees across the country will lose their jobs.

Ford spokesperson Anne Marie Gattari said the Northfield Road plant, which employs 800 hourly and 67 salaried employees, will not close. She added that because of an agreement signed in August with the United Auto Workers Union, the plant will be run more efficiently and become more competitive.

"That is something we are very pleased with, and we commend the workforce of the UAW for understanding the business realities," Gattari said.

The Maumee stamping plant, which employs 620 hourly and 60 salaried workers, is set to close by 2008.

One Walton Hills stamping plant employee was relieved Friday as she went into work.

"Everything here is good," said the employee "We are going to be getting Maumee stuff. We have the Econoline [vans] here in Walton Hills."

So you’re saying that it’s a bad contract because it doesn’t save Walton Hills, but it does save AAI, Claycomo, Wayne, Avon Lake, Louisville and Kentucky. Also, ten engine and transmission factories and three stamping plants will receive investments. I’m sure there are more investments, these are just off the top of my head. But I guess all of these don’t matter to you, and I’m the selfish one, really? You do understand that I support this contract, right? Think about it.

Have there been multiple relocation bids? Yes there has. They just had LAP, KTP, CAP and CSP up for relocation bid, and I’m sure more will come as plants put on the 3rd shifts.

As for Dearborn Stamping and DTP Body Shop accepting brother and sisters that post for open transfers into our facilities, your damn right we accept them. Our two buildings are a melting pot of different plants right now

I’m posting on here because I know that there are Union bashers on here that want nothing more than to get rid of the UAW. They come on here and stir the pot with their divide the workforce antics. Some of these “anti contract” posts are from idiots that don’t even work for the Big 3. They are paid to do what they are doing, print up the posts and spread it all around in the transplants saying “look they don’t care about jobs, just money

Lastly, I sign my post. I don’t hide and I don’t take shots at you because you chose to hide behind your screen name. I don’t post with any other name, it really makes no sense to me to do so. But think what ever you want, you have that right.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

You're a stand-up guy, Jeff, no matter who disagrees. And I think you're assertion that some of the anti contract bashers are doing this to spread disinformation at the transplants is as possible as anything else I've heard these day.

Keep the faith, brother.

• Like 1

Naw, but then I turned my cell phone off for the weekend, so the Mrs and I could have some quality time. Everyone has got to get some, once in a while!

Damn, take a weekend off from posting, and look what I miss....

• Like 1

FiredMotorCompany: Don't think for one minute that I'm not concerned about Walton Hills closing. It's a sad day for sure. I'm concerned with any plant closing, that's why I support this contract. Does it save all the plants, no. Does it give us all that we sacrificed, no. Will it make everyone happy, no. Does it save many jobs, yes. Does it add jobs, yes. Does it bring back work from off shore, yes. Does it move 2nd tier toward 1st tier wages, yes. Does it give us some money, yes.

You said that I have to shake the hands of Walton Hills membership, I'll do that just after you tell me that you did it at Maumee when you got their work as their plant was shuddered. Or did we forget that Walton Hills was slated to close in 2007? It's funny how soon some forget the past.

Let's take a look back at 2006, at what was said just before it was announced that Walton Hills would stay open, but other plants would not. I don't remember any of you on the BOF talking about how bad it was that other plants closed and that you were headed over to Maumee to shake their hands and accept them in your plant.

September 21, 2006

by Tim Troglen

So you're saying that it's a bad contract because it doesn't save Walton Hills, but it does save AAI, Claycomo, Wayne, Avon Lake, Louisville and Kentucky. Also, ten engine and transmission factories and three stamping plants will receive investments. I'm sure there are more investments, these are just off the top of my head. But I guess all of these don't matter to you, and I'm the selfish one, really? You do understand that I support this contract, right? Think about it.

Have there been multiple relocation bids? Yes there has. They just had LAP, KTP, CAP and CSP up for relocation bid, and I'm sure more will come as plants put on the 3rd shifts.

I'm posting on here because I know that there are Union bashers on here that want nothing more than to get rid of the UAW. They come on here and stir the pot with their divide the workforce antics. Some of these "anti contract" posts are from idiots that don't even work for the Big 3. They are paid to do what they are doing, print up the posts and spread it all around in the transplants saying "look they don't care about jobs, just money

Lastly, I sign my post. I don't hide and I don't take shots at you because you chose to hide behind your screen name. I don't post with any other name, it really makes no sense to me to do so. But think what ever you want, you have that right.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Mr. Hodges,

Where were you in the 2007 voting when the majority voted to accept closing MY plant and four others? Maumee? No, I wasn't there. One of the five that were closed since 2007, yes. So you can understand my concern the membership looks at what goes in their pocket, and then just shrugs off the closing of other plants as long as "I got MY product, O.T., Profit Sharing Advance, Settlement Bonus, My Job.....!"

Unity? No, cut and run. Brotherhood runs as deep as "YOUR" job.

Can we get anything more than crocodile tears for those losing their plant?

And as to the other plants you claim are "saved" by this contract. B.S. The 2007 contract committed to:

Ohio Assembly

The E-Series continues through current product lifecycle.

New product allocated to Ohio Assembly during the life of the agreement.

The plant will receive a new, flexible body shop.

The 2009 Concessions reconfirmed.....

o R e c o m m i t new products to the following assembly plan=

o Ohio Assembly Plant

o Kansas City Assembly Plant

o Michigan Assembly Plant

o Louisville Assembly Plant

o Chicago Assembly Plant

This is a new contract. NO NEW PRODUCT WAS EVER ANNOUNCED FOR THEM. THE 2011 PROPOSAL IS A NEW OFFER. Why was I held to the terms of the 2007/2009 contract, but Ford got a pass. Even AFTER I gave them concessions?

In Solidarity.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

The new agreement is by far the best I have seen for jobs, our benefits and bonuses. The contract insures 6 billion dollars invested in our plants (6,000,000,000,000) and keeps our pension and benefits merely unchanged.

What many fail to understand is our labor rates are like a filled bucket. $58 per hour. To get back cola or Monday after Easter would be attainable but something else would have to come out of the bucket. Example; higher co pays and office visits or less vacation time. These labor rates are the very reason the UAW was able to gain all of this 6 Billion in investments for our job security.

So to satisfy every ones “need” to vote no to think the IUAW will get “something better” will not happen.

The bucket for labor rates is full at ($58) just like our plants will be….

Voting no will just take something else away that we now currently benefit from to get something back of the same value

The IUAW has the ultimate responsibility to protect all of us with Jobs………… For without jobs there is nothing to fight for…….

This agreement is a good agreement for our futures, The IUAW has upheld its responsibility

I understand times are tough, but the fact that they couldn't do more to guarantee skilled trades doing skilled work and not production is a total joke. We worked long and hard to learn our skills . To throw us in production jobs is an insult. I know many would say at least it's a job . Unfortunately I will probably be forced to adopt that attitude.I will do a job that I'm over qualified for just like so many others on the line already do. I will live with it till my responsibility to my children is done . Once I get to that point I will leave and if it means less money to do a job that uses my skills so be it. Get used to give backs its the way of the future for the union . What matters to them now is increasing memebership and nothing else.

I would not agree with saying that Ford Motor will absolutely,was going to anyways,invest billions of dollars and hire new workers in the USA.All that investment may hinge on what kind of deal the company gets with us,the UAW rank ands file.That being said and given the stagnant state of the American economy I think the National Contract is a good deal for right now and I will be voting yes.If the nays have it then I will surely be standing right next to you on the picket line if necessary.Just think about this,,,,,,a rising tide lifts all ships,,,,let Ford invest heavily and hope that industry wide sales pick up and in 4 years we will be back.I support a yes vote.

• Like 1

I would not agree with saying that Ford Motor will absolutely,was going to anyways,invest billions of dollars and hire new workers in the USA.All that investment may hinge on what kind of deal the company gets with us,the UAW rank ands file.That being said and given the stagnant state of the American economy I think the National Contract is a good deal for right now and I will be voting yes.If the nays have it then I will surely be standing right next to you on the picket line if necessary.Just think about this,,,,,,a rising tide lifts all ships,,,,let Ford invest heavily and hope that industry wide sales pick up and in 4 years we will be back.Bill Ford jr. can always fold up his wallet and put it right back in his pocket and go someplace else to invest.I support a yes vote.