Ford Motor Company September 2011 Sales

I don't think anyone is saying they don't have a production issue. That certainly needs to be addressed. I think what most of us are saying is that it's not having a sales issue.

OK, this I agree with.

But I own one of those things and know how good they are. It's a shame there are still production issues 10 months after launch.

And yes, it is permissible to criticize Ford on this forum.

But I own one of those things and know how good they are. It's a shame there are still production issues 10 months after launch.

And yes, it is permissible to criticize Ford on this forum.

Well from what I've seen, the Focus had a soft launch...and really didn't hit the market in big numbers till April of this year...and the Dash issue started rearing its head earlier this summer which was 60 days later...and Ford just got that recently fixed...its not like they can go from making 10K cars a month to 15K cars a month at a flip of a switch.

Seagull management stuff? Qu'est que c'est? Sounds like something you don't want on your car. :)

The seagull manager flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything then flies off again leaving a big mess behind.

BTW, it's "qu'est-ce que c'est" (literally - what is it that it is)

Edited by akirby

Under 400 Mkt's last month....what a freaking disaster. The whole Lincoln brand is slowly withering away. The only thing keeping MKZ's going is that they are a decent AWD near-luxury car and women love them. Quiet, classy looking, and not a huge, high riding boat like the MKS is. The rebates of course are helping....my dealer right now is offering over $3,500 in rebates, plus 2,250 in additional rebates if you're a returning lessee. My dad loves his 2010, and will be getting another one in August when his lease is up. For the lease deals out there, you can't beat it.

The Focus inventories levels appear to be excellent at the moment, that's why I'm wondering. All my Ford dealerships are flush with the new Focus. I don't believe the inventory claims right now.

Curiously, all I saw were F150 trucks and Explorers/Edge/Escape SUVs and a few Fiestas and Fusions at the local Ford dealerships in Texas. TAt 1 dealership I did see few Focus sedans. They were eitehr full loaded $$$ models or models with the bare minimum. Either too expensive or not enough amenities. sigh.

Inventory shortages can be very specific to a region.

According to the conference call, the Focus sales were mostly towards the back end of the month. I have hope that the inventory should catch up by next week.

Edited by move4ward

What would a "normal" inventory be? :)

Just talked to our business manager. On his way to that dealer show in Michigan. Lucky bastard.

He said it was typical to have between 30 and 40 of the Focus, 10 Tauruses, and 2 or 3 Fiestas.

The Focus is rolling in. I see them in the shop for their PDI pretty regularly. They just sell as soon as they hit the lot!

What would a "normal" inventory be? :)

I would say about a 50 day inventory would be nice. I was by Bill Brown Ford today in Livonia, MI just down street from Livonia Trans, and they had at least 70 new Focuses in inventory and at least another 10 being prepped for customer pickup. Only had three Fiestas though. So it looks like Ford is finally starting to ship the Focus in decent numbers. That is most new Focuses I have ever seen at Bill Brown. Every color was there and about 50% hatch and 50% sedan. My favorite color is the yellow blaze, then candy apple red, and finally blue metallic. Race red doesn't appeal to me. As for fit and finish problems, I noticed the hood gaps were all over the place and also hood depth with side fenders was all over the place, not even in most cases. Some were sunken in way too much. However, I would think that during Job 2 that should improve significantly. And I doubt if dealer is going to deal with those fit and finish problem as far as the hood goes. They may shim it a little if you press them, but that will be it. No first year new vehicle for me.

Current Drives:

2002 Matador Red Ford Taurus SES Sport

2001 Orient Red Metallic Porsche Boxster

Just talked to our business manager. On his way to that dealer show in Michigan. Lucky bastard.

He said it was typical to have between 30 and 40 of the Focus, 10 Tauruses, and 2 or 3 Fiestas.

The Focus is rolling in. I see them in the shop for their PDI pretty regularly. They just sell as soon as they hit the lot!

Yep, the Fiesta is still hard to find as far as any selection on lot goes. Few and far between. Ford must not be shipping many to the states. You have the feeling Ford could sell many more if the dealers had a good selection. I think many give up and buy a Fusion I4 instead or go to the competition. At least Ford is finally shipping the Focus in bigger numbers and its fuel mileage is almost as good as the Fiesta with more room, but pricier. Fiesta buyers have to be patient.

Current Drives:

2002 Matador Red Ford Taurus SES Sport

2001 Orient Red Metallic Porsche Boxster

Yep, the Fiesta is still hard to find as far as any selection on lot goes. Few and far between. Ford must not be shipping many to the states. You have the feeling Ford could sell many more if the dealers had a good selection. I think many give up and buy a Fusion I4 instead or go to the competition. At least Ford is finally shipping the Focus in bigger numbers and its fuel mileage is almost as good as the Fiesta with more room, but pricier. Fiesta buyers have to be patient.

At least short supply keeps incentives low or non existent, allowing Ford to charge higher ATP which adds to profit.....

Edited by jpd80

whats stang #'s??????/ (too lazy to look)

yep we just bought a ranger (few weeks left before delivery..vista blue extended cabby)..why..cheap and very good mpg

f150 is heavily discounted here..i had close to $10 grand off by exiting my ram and the sales slut walking up--damn f150 is nice..moonroof rocks

crown vic is being hoarded everywhere..small town with may be 1800 souls north of me has the crown vic state bid program for squad car..i bet there are over 1000 crown vics sitting in that town right now...i seen 2 large vacant lots (and the elevator lot) and the dealers lot packed with crown vics--its wall to wall

international harvestor has several new combines but no scouts..im still pissed (1980 still pisses me off)

been seeing quite a few new explores..me kinda likes the new suv/van look

stepped into the ural dealer today..yes yes damn fine ruskie motorcycle...side car and retro look rocks..me wants

dodge has finally gotten smart and added extended cab to the ram express..i want but the f150 moonroof is scintilating and sexy much like the rack on ann margaret...torn at this point

vert camaros out running around here

challenger is few and far between

damn lotta new charges here

very very few small fords ive seen..lime green sucker in town i see..could care less as the car looks like a pokemon mobile

hodaka dealer is still closed..(damn shell oil company tanked on my combat wombat)..glad i still gotta bunch of em

god speed

chebby..screw em..they suck

Edited by snooter

whats stang #'s??????/ (too lazy to look)

Mustang 5,054

Camaro 6,994

yep we just bought a ranger (few weeks left before delivery..vista blue extended cabby)..why..cheap and very good mpg

f150 is heavily discounted here..i had close to $10 grand off by exiting my ram and the sales slut walking up--damn f150 is nice..moonroof rocks

Well done on both accounts..

Kind of, when vehicles are supplied with options grouped into packs but that also adds up to well appointed vehicles.

By "markup," I mean "dealer adjustments." When the G8 came out years ago, the nearest Pontiac dealer to me had added $3K to the sticker price. That's what I say is bad.

But you're right... if the dealers are selling well-equipped vehicles, that money goes to Ford's bottom line and it's a good thing.

By "markup," I mean "dealer adjustments." When the G8 came out years ago, the nearest Pontiac dealer to me had added $3K to the sticker price. That's what I say is bad.

But you're right... if the dealers are selling well-equipped vehicles, that money goes to Ford's bottom line and it's a good thing.

Funny you mentioned G8, that dealer mark up turned into close to $5,000 discounts near the end...

Dealer does well out of selling optioned up and higher series vehicles at near full retail,

not needing incentives or dealer discounts to shift slow moving stock means that

Ford and its dealers both do well, even with less sales .

^^^^There's that philosophy at work again...:)