You are so lucky

nonunion slug

I have been reading Blue Oval for awhile and just joined. Your debates are fascinating. I am relatively new to the Company and was wondering where can I sign up? Is there a union for salaried employees?

By fascinating you must mean ridiculous , childish , and embarassing . Saddly many of the people on this site reflect very poorly on the majority of good hard working people on Ford's union work force .

• Like 10

I have been reading Blue Oval for awhile and just joined. Your debates are fascinating. I am relatively new to the Company and was wondering where can I sign up? Is there a union for salaried employees?

Dear non union slut,

Are there any great salary positions that offer over the top bonuses. Maybe a private plane for my family and I to speed off to Florida whenever we want. I'm gonna need a company car, a driver, a new secretary and also an entire staff. Hook me up with huge lunch breaks, golf outings, dinner parties, charity events and I'm probably going to want to take a lot of vacation time.

-Alan M

• Like 3

Why would salary want a union when you guys

Are given the money we union employees

give up to help save the company!

I do have a problem that salary gets raises

And other forms of bonus money when us union

employees gave up money in good faith to help

the company, but I feel now that the money I gave up

was not to help the company but to help salary!

hope you salary people are enjoying my money!

I would guess that someone with the name of "The General" would be smart and have good information. Obviously, you do not. I don't know of any salaried who got your money. You may be thinking of all the big shots in management at WHQ rolling around in your money, but not me or my co-workers.

I hired in as a FCG (Ford College Graduate) in 2004. We were told by management that we would be in management within five years. It has been seven and I have only been promoted to a Salary Grade 6. I am three grades away from the lowest management position. I felt lucky and believed I was on of the "chosen ones" when the Company was firing all the higher seniority and more experienced salaried workers during the hard times starting in 2007. I actually believed that I was headed for the big time at Ford. You know what happened? I get to work 50-60 hours a week and I don't get paid overtime. Not only that, I don't get a pension or retiree health care from Ford. I even lost my fiancee when I HAD to go out on a launch at Chicago Assembly Plant. Yep, I had to stay at the plant working at least 80 hours a week until the vehicle launched. I was engaged for over a year and because of that assignment, she dumped me. Do you think that is the good life? Or even something to ridicule?

I would love to have a contract and guidelines that would make sense and not have to play the company game. I posted because I wanted help and this is the help I get? You guys really need to work on your PR because it sucks.

• Like 7

Sorry non union slug. not all the people on here represent the union to well. you know what they say one bad apple. I think it comes from years of us hearing people say were uneducated , drunks and lazy. Well that was the past . the present is by far different. I guess the first step would be to contact the union on there web site so you can get a hold of the appropriate people to handle this the way it should be. I agree with you allot of the lower management does get allot of abuse. there does need to be some sort of guidelines and standards for you to .I have 21 years in and I have to say after a while you develop a hardened skin. the auto industry isn't for everyone you have to be able to take and give abuse at the work place for sure. good luck and I know for one I would love to have you join our union. even though our union isn't perfect it does have it's uses. it has given allot of us a voice and better working conditions. sorry to hear about you fiancée. good luck

• Like 5

IT'S not about if we believe him or not. whether he is telling the truth or not. We as a union need to set a better example and adhere to a higher standard if we are ever going to attract more members. If he isn't sincere its his loss and he has to live with himself.UNIONS as a whole are painted in a bad light . were lazy . dope smokers, beer guzzlers. ect. i have worked on the line next to some of the brightest (one was a college professor which came to ford for a better life) people. We need to as a whole attract and show people what unions can do for them and how it can better there way of life,.if he is dishonest well at least union brothers tried to give a helping hand as we do time and time again .

• Like 4

Nice compassion.

Yea, no kidding.

you guys buy his bullshit story...........................he pushed the limit when he said his girlfriend left him..

Shows how much you know (which is to say "not much"). I personally know of a couple of divorces tied to the stress from being separated. I also know of one other break-up that happen after a neighbor, a Ford engineer, and his family were relocated to Atlanta, ostensibly to help retool the plant, then they closed it. Wife couldn't take it and they split up.

And one of my familiy were one of those FSG's that got forced into a buyout - there's more politicing and ass kissing going on in the salaried world, than you can possibly know.

IT'S not about if we believe him or not. whether he is telling the truth or not. We as a union need to set a better example and adhere to a higher standard if we are ever going to attract more members. If he isn't sincere its his loss and he has to live with himself.UNIONS as a whole are painted in a bad light . were lazy . dope smokers, beer guzzlers. ect. i have worked on the line next to some of the brightest (one was a college professor which came to ford for a better life) people. We need to as a whole attract and show people what unions can do for them and how it can better there way of life,.if he is dishonest well at least union brothers tried to give a helping hand as we do time and time again .

Well said.
  • Like 5

I would guess that someone with the name of "The General" would be smart and have good information. Obviously, you do not. I don't know of any salaried who got your money. You may be thinking of all the big shots in management at WHQ rolling around in your money, but not me or my co-workers.

I hired in as a FCG (Ford College Graduate) in 2004. We were told by management that we would be in management within five years. It has been seven and I have only been promoted to a Salary Grade 6. I am three grades away from the lowest management position. I felt lucky and believed I was on of the "chosen ones" when the Company was firing all the higher seniority and more experienced salaried workers during the hard times starting in 2007. I actually believed that I was headed for the big time at Ford. You know what happened? I get to work 50-60 hours a week and I don't get paid overtime. Not only that, I don't get a pension or retiree health care from Ford. I even lost my fiancee when I HAD to go out on a launch at Chicago Assembly Plant. Yep, I had to stay at the plant working at least 80 hours a week until the vehicle launched. I was engaged for over a year and because of that assignment, she dumped me. Do you think that is the good life? Or even something to ridicule?

I would love to have a contract and guidelines that would make sense and not have to play the company game. I posted because I wanted help and this is the help I get? You guys really need to work on your PR because it sucks.

Don't worry another idiot supervisor will get fired next week, you'll have your chance to be an idiot soon enough.

• Like 3

Then Quit...............Nobody forces you to work at FORD!

This is just a bad response. If we dont get what we want in negotiations or you dont like what is going on in your plant "Then Quit...............Nobody forces you to work at FORD!" I'll remember that for all my hourly brother and sister complainers out there.

• Like 4

Do you think you should pick up your LL6 based on seniority? What kind of contract and guidelines would you want?

• Like 2

Yea, no kidding.

Shows how much you know (which is to say "not much"). I personally know of a couple of divorces tied to the stress from being separated. I also know of one other break-up that happen after a neighbor, a Ford engineer, and his family were relocated to Atlanta, ostensibly to help retool the plant, then they closed it. Wife couldn't take it and they split up.

And one of my familiy were one of those FSG's that got forced into a buyout - there's more politicing and ass kissing going on in the salaried world, than you can possibly know.

Well said.

Poor kid.

• Like 2

you guys buy his bullshit story...........................he pushed the limit when he said his girlfriend left him..

It's no bullshit, you moron. Life continues when you are away at a plant. It's good to see there are some decent hourly folks, while others like yourself, give credence to the troglodyte theory.

• Like 2

Do you think you should pick up your LL6 based on seniority? What kind of contract and guidelines would you want?

I don't have LL6 seniority, I have GSR6 seniority which is General Salary Roll. LL6 is management. What I would want is a system that actually led to promotions in a timely manner. It is supposed to be based on ability, but we have something called Performance Reviews (PR's). If you have a good supervisor, you get a pretty accurate one. If you have a mediocre one, you get a political one and if you have a bad supervisor, you will get a bad one unless you are his friend. Once you get one and don't like it, you can have a review with HR. HR always backs the supervisor. So, there is no recourse and HR puts you down as a troublemaker.

When GSR's were getting fired left and right, supervisors were putting their incompetent management buddies (LL6 and above) in GSR8 positions. If we had a union, I am pretty sure that wouldn't have happened. So, there is that job security aspect. In reality, the Company got rid of a lot of workers with more experience than me, but I am paid a lot less and have less benefits, so they were shown the door.

I guess I am looking for job protection, fairness, decent working hours and some form of equitability.

• Like 4

My sincere apologies for the mean spirited posts. Not all, infact most, (I hope) hourly, union workers do not feel this way. A few continue to make the rest of us look bad. I hope things turn around for you.

• Like 5

My sincere apologies for the mean spirited posts. Not all, infact most, (I hope) hourly, union workers do not feel this way. A few continue to make the rest of us look bad. I hope things turn around for you.

+1

This guy sounds legitimate and wants the same protections as we enjoy. Why push away a person wanting to be a part of our union?

• Like 3

I don't have LL6 seniority, I have GSR6 seniority which is General Salary Roll. LL6 is management. What I would want is a system that actually led to promotions in a timely manner. It is supposed to be based on ability, but we have something called Performance Reviews (PR's). If you have a good supervisor, you get a pretty accurate one. If you have a mediocre one, you get a political one and if you have a bad supervisor, you will get a bad one unless you are his friend. Once you get one and don't like it, you can have a review with HR. HR always backs the supervisor. So, there is no recourse and HR puts you down as a troublemaker.

When GSR's were getting fired left and right, supervisors were putting their incompetent management buddies (LL6 and above) in GSR8 positions. If we had a union, I am pretty sure that wouldn't have happened. So, there is that job security aspect. In reality, the Company got rid of a lot of workers with more experience than me, but I am paid a lot less and have less benefits, so they were shown the door.

I guess I am looking for job protection, fairness, decent working hours and some form of equitability.

If this is how you feel, you need to find a new business group or a new company. You are blaming others for your career path and worklife balance. I wouldn't promote someone with this attitude into a leadership position.

If we had a union on the salaried side, you would have been fired in 2007/2009 for lack of seniority.

Im sure there is someone at the International who would talk to you if you are serious about what you say.Good Luck

Marginal, you must be one of those company hacks I've been told about. Quit your job? Nice tip-off. Do you have an office at WHQ? Why not try to make it better through organizing a union? It is obvious you management types have been screwing the salaried folks.

Quitting is for,,,well quitters.I would rather fight to make things better or if all else fails just show up and be passive-agressive!

Marginal, you must be one of those company hacks I've been told about. Quit your job? Nice tip-off. Do you have an office at WHQ? Why not try to make it better through organizing a union? It is obvious you management types have been screwing the salaried folks.

The original poster is obviously unhappy in his current position. My 1st suggestion is to get transfered into another work group. If you are in product development, try to get on a new project or get into manufacturing or marketing, There are also plenty of salaried folks who switch companies. The skills that are developed at Ford are in high demand. I have many friends who have left Ford and gone to other OEMs, suppliers, and dealerships. They make more money and can come back to Ford later if they desire.

Every 6 months leadership levels graph their employees on both performance and leadership characteristics. If the OP is unhappy and complaining about his supervisors, work load, and HR, he is not likely going to score high on the leadership categories. My advice would be to find a group where he is more happy.

He started as a GSR 5 in 2004 - 7 years later he is a GSR 6. I have friends who started at the same time and after who are GSR 8 and LL6's. His career is not progressing in a satisfactory manner for him. Unionization works well for jobs, not so much for careers.

I'm not in the glass house, just a fellow GSR.

I wouldn't mind the union if they would just do their job and stfu. I don't like it when my non-union friends think I am a whacked out cultist. I am a conservative thinker who looks at the big picture. What the economy needs now is less government to attract business. What unions want is more government, like they always have. It is one thing to be stupid, but don't advertise it and include me. Just do what you are paid to do and leave politics to the people. That is democracy. We will get the government we deserve. Would you believe that they forced me to watch some Michael Moore movie knocking capitalism on Ford's time? If they got what they seem to want, communism, we would all be minimum wage slaves.

I wouldn't mind the union if they would just do their job and stfu. I don't like it when my non-union friends think I am a whacked out cultist. I am a conservative thinker who looks at the big picture. What the economy needs now is less government to attract business. What unions want is more government, like they always have. It is one thing to be stupid, but don't advertise it and include me. Just do what you are paid to do and leave politics to the people. That is democracy. We will get the government we deserve. Would you believe that they forced me to watch some Michael Moore movie knocking capitalism on Ford's time? If they got what they seem to want, communism, we would all be minimum wage slaves.

You are a whacked out cultist...it is evident to anyone who has read any of your posts.

• Like 2