prescription co pay increase recently ?

bustedknuckles

I was curious if anyone has heard about our co-pays increasing for any reason? My wife went to Walgreens yesterday to pick up a prescription for me and the co-pay was $17.00 . I have H.A.P. for my medical and my highest co-pay is supposed to be $11.00 . Also they said H.A.P. would only allow 6 doses in 21 days. I was a bit stunned when she told me " Walgreens just said "we charge what H.A.P. tells us " .

Edited by bustedknuckles

I was curious if anyone has heard about our co-pays increasing for any reason? My wife went to Walgreens yesterday to pick up a prescription for me and the co-pay was $17.00 . I have H.A.P. for my medical and my highest co-pay is supposed to be $11.00 . Also they said H.A.P. would only allow 6 doses in 21 days. I was a bit stunned when she told me " Walgreens just said "we charge what H.A.P. tells us " .

This is exactly the problem in this country with healthcare. They lay these restrictions on you and high co-pays to make the drug companies and insurance agencies rich. This is why Obama came out with Obama care however the plan stunk and now it needs to be repealed. If they would just reform healthcare the correct way we would be like Canada in terms of healthcare.

Yes co-pays went up and people will notice doctor visit co-pays also went up!.

I think healthcare should be reformed at the state level and not by our government.

Doctors are pissed off at these drug companies and you should be too.

Solution A:

Stop buying pharmaceutical stock and put them out of business.

Solution B:

If you live in Michigan go over to Windsor to get your prescriptions.

All you need is a fake ID and the prescription needs to be written out on a script that has a Windsor address on it. We pay 65% less for prescriptions over in Wondsor compared to buying them in Dearborn, MI.

Edited by novoter4life

This is exactly the problem in this country with healthcare. They lay these restrictions on you and high co-pays to make the drug companies and insurance agencies rich. This is why Obama came out with Obama care however the plan stunk and now it needs to be repealed. If they would just reform healthcare the correct way we would be like Canada in terms of healthcare.

Yes co-pays went up and people will notice doctor visit co-pays also went up!.

I think healthcare should be reformed at the state level and not by our government.

Doctors are pissed off at these drug companies and you should be too.

Solution A:

Stop buying pharmaceutical stock and put them out of business.

Solution B:

If you live in Michigan go over to Windsor to get your prescriptions.

All you need is a fake ID and the prescription needs to be written out on a script that has a Windsor address on it. We pay 65% less for prescriptions over in Wondsor compared to buying them in Dearborn, MI.

you know canada has a single payer system right? is that what you are suggesting?

HAP charges a $17.00 dollar Co Pay for only 1 drug.

That explains why the bill would have been $157.00 for 6 tablets. Damn I thought migraine meds were bad. We're in the wrong business the pharmaceutical companies have it going on !

I just picked up 5 presciption from Walgreens in Indiana and the co-pays were the same as always, $15.00 per 30 day supply. Oddly enough the co-pay for 30 Hydrocodone was only $5.00?I also have Humana.

Edited by jpd2