What car did you buy this year?

34 members have voted

1. 1. What 2011 Ford or Lincoln did you buy?

I didn't buy anything, but asked mom to consider a 2011 Fusion Sport to replace her '03 Explorer. She was impressed and ended up buying an '11 with navigation, BLIS, etc. I'm really impressed with the car and it has not had even a minor issue. Well balanced and a fun drive with virtually no sacrifices*. Would recommend to anyone!

*Come on Ford, you've got a growing following with these cars. Knock one out of the park and bring some of that production home to the USA for the new models. If Toyota and Honda can profitably build Camrys and Accords here in the States, you can profitably build Fusions and MKZs. Make us proud, and give my fiance' a reason to replace her Benz with a truly American MKZ! Made in USA is worth a price premium to me.

Edited by tsd98

You mean you were swayed by price and not by the "boxy SUV" styling? How can that be?

Yes price was a major factor. I liked the Edge but the Escape was a better deal. My main concern was towing and AWD/4WD. I obviously didn't care either way about the boxy SUV or curvy crossover styling. I think the Escape's strong sales are mostly based on price not the boxy looks. I am sure the new Escape will sell well even if it looks like a small cross over rather than a '90s SUV. Ford has to worry about Chevy Hyundai and Honda in the small cross over segment not Jeep.

That being said it was the V6, automatic 4WD, tow package with trans cooler, electronic trailer sway control and back up camera that closed the deal. Throw in sync, leather, heated seats, sat radio, etc. all for mid 20s; THIS IS WHY the Escape is selling 150K + units a year. Not becuase people long for the "90s SUV" look. I could not get all this from any other manufacturer in boxy or curvy form. Either they did not offer all of these features or the price would have been much more. I trust this vehicle more to tow with than say the Equinox or Hyundai.

Edited by Tico

Yes price was a major factor. I liked the Edge but the Escape was a better deal. My main concern was towing and AWD/4WD. I obviously didn't care either way about the boxy SUV or curvy crossover styling. I think the Escape's strong sales are mostly based on price not the boxy looks. I am sure the new Escape will sell well even if it looks like a small cross over rather than a '90s SUV. Ford has to worry about Chevy Hyundai and Honda in the small cross over segment not Jeep.

That being said it was the V6, automatic 4WD, tow package with trans cooler, electronic trailer sway control and back up camera that closed the deal. Throw in sync, leather, heated seats, sat radio, etc. all for mid 20s; THIS IS WHY the Escape is selling 150K + units a year. Not becuase people long for the "90s SUV" look. I could not get all this from any other manufacturer in boxy or curvy form. Either they did not offer all of these features or the price would have been much more. I trust this vehicle more to tow with than say the Equinox or Hyundai.

If anything the next Escape will be priced much more inline if not more then those other "curvy" wagons so price won't really be a factor anymore. It will have to be sold on features which is fine, but the features might be a lot different then the ones the old Escape offered. Towing packages and towing weight allowance remains to be seen especially if they use the PowerShift from the Focus instead of a conventional 6 speed automatic. Will the Powershift tow like a conventional automatic? I'm not sure. Anyone have any experience with this?

Edited by 2005Explorer