August 2011 Sales Results

Here's my rule of thumb: if cloth seats are standard on *any* vehicle in the lineup, it's not a luxury brand.

And there are no 'entry level' luxury brands.

Of course in the Classic Car era, Packards, Lincolns and Cadillacs had leather for the open driver, and cloth for the passengers.

Lincolns from the 50s, 60s and 70s had beautiful plush cloth interiors. Personally I'd like to see it again, Not a fan of leather........surprised it hasn't gone the way of Mink stoles.

I wanted to test drive a Flex w/EcoBoost a couple of weeks ago and there was not a single one in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. In Tarrant County (Fort Worth, Arlington, etc.), there were only 3 Flex's, total. How can you sell something when there is no selection available?

I've been pointing that out for a long time.

30K Camrys?? What the deuce??

Pretty surprised the Soul is selling as well as it is too. It's pretty polarizing. And Versa, well, discussed numerous times, but it's really a B-segment vehicle in name only.

Though quirky, I like the Soul for some reason lol.

Kind of ironic that Ford is killing off a vehicle that saw a 50% (Ranger) increase for the same month a year ago on a vehicle that has not had an update in over a decade. With high gas prices Ford is going to Lose a lot of business to competitors over this one.....

And next month it'll be back down - its a roller coaster sales-wise.

Kind of ironic that Ford is killing off a vehicle that saw a 50% (Ranger) increase for the same month a year ago on a vehicle that has not had an update in over a decade. With high gas prices Ford is going to Lose a lot of business to competitors over this one.....

To play devil's advocate - would the Ranger have sold as well had Focus inventory been better?

Listening to the call right now...sounds like Focus production was way up in August, so that should address inventory issues in the coming months.

According to Autonews.com they have been stuck or Steady, producing ~5200 Car per week.

The is actually less than the max production per week that they reached in May of ~5600 per week.

I guess they are waiting on how the UAW negotiations workout to announce the third shift for MAP, along with other realignment of production, to better use the now empty Wayne Assembly plant.

with the early fit and finish issues it would be wise not to speed the line up, but to add a 3rd shift to meet production numbers.

GM is making 6,800 Cruzes per week.