August 2011 Sales Results

Ford Motor Company’s August Sales Up 11 Percent; Ford Brand Cars, Utilities, Trucks Increase, Along with Lincoln

• Ford’s August sales totaled 175,220, up 11 percent versus a year ago
  • Ford brand sales were up 16 percent, paced by utilities (up 49 percent); Escape sales up 39 percent; demand for new Explorer (up 300 percent) and Edge (up 5 percent) continues to grow; Flex and Expedition sales also higher
  • Lincoln sales up 25 percent as MKZ increases 50 percent, MKS up 35 percent, and MKX registers 15 percent gain versus a year ago
  • Ford announces fourth quarter North American production plan

Just The Facts: August 2011 Small Car Sales:

cruze.jpg

Cruze on top again, Focus still suffering supply issue, and Sonic puts some numbers on the board!

Top 3, C-Segment:

Chevrolet Cruze: 21,807

Toyota Corolla: 16,420

Hyundai Elantra: 15,054

Top 3, B-Segment:

Nissa Versa: 8,566

Kia Soul: 6,885

Ford Fiesta: 5,833

Full lists at LINK - Auto News and Commentary

Just The Facts: August, 2011 Luxury Sales

1005_01+2011_mercedes_benz_e-Class_cabriolet+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Mercedes back on top, Somebody had a new XLR to sell, and Lexus won't go down without a fight.

Top 3:

Mercedes-Benz

Total Sales: 20,728

Total Models: 15

Top Seller: E-Class (5,328 units)

Bottom Seller: B-Class (7 units)

BMW

Total Sales: 20,815

Total Models: 9

Top Seller: 3 Series (8,775 units)

Bottom Seller: 6 Series (207 units)

Lexus

Total Sales: 18,103

Total Models: 11

Top Seller: RX (6,504 units)

Bottom Seller: LFA (4 units)

Full data at LINK - Auto News and Commentary

I don't believe the Flex has actually had a month recently where it was below 2000....

I wanted to test drive a Flex w/EcoBoost a couple of weeks ago and there was not a single one in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. In Tarrant County (Fort Worth, Arlington, etc.), there were only 3 Flex's, total. How can you sell something when there is no selection available?

• Like 1

Just noticing that for August, sales of Explorer 9,901 and Flex 2,823 add up to around 12,700 sales.

If you look at all D3 products in Ford and Lincoln, that totals to around 19,500 products for the month

most of those sales have ATP well above $30,000. - not bad for a platform that is supposedly a failure,

Edited by jpd80

Dude. If you're going to put Buick on the luxury car chart, you might as well put Ford on there.

We go through this every month... :reading:

The data is there for all entry level and mainstream luxury brands (Buick, Acura, hell, I try to include Volvo when they bother to post results), and the reader can interpret the information however they like. "Just the facts", so to speak. :shades:

• Like 2

entry level and mainstream luxury brands (Buick, Acura, hell, I try to include Volvo when they bother to post results)

Here's my rule of thumb: if cloth seats are standard on *any* vehicle in the lineup, it's not a luxury brand.

And there are no 'entry level' luxury brands.

Edited by RichardJensen

Kind of ironic that Ford is killing off a vehicle that saw a 50% (Ranger) increase for the same month a year ago on a vehicle that has not had an update in over a decade. With high gas prices Ford is going to Lose a lot of business to competitors over this one.....

This may have had something to do with it... Run with 43004 zipcode

rangerincentives.jpg

Here's my rule of thumb: if cloth seats are standard on *any* vehicle in the lineup, it's not a luxury brand.

Then compile your lists however you see fit. :shades:

Seriously, though, the first few of these I did didn't include Buick or Volvo, and the bitchfits over at GMI derailed the thread and nothing of meaning was discussed. Since then, I started including the borderline brands, although once the Verano and Astra show up in the Buick showrooms, that decision may be revisited.

Kind of ironic that Ford is killing off a vehicle that saw a 50% (Ranger) increase for the same month a year ago on a vehicle that has not had an update in over a decade. With high gas prices Ford is going to Lose a lot of business to competitors over this one.....

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that everyone that wants a Ranger is trying to snatch it up before they are dead.