When is 2012 Fusion Hybrid Being Produced????

ksurber

I have had a 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid on order since early June. When in the world is Ford going to start producing these? I have read here that Nov is Job 1, and my saleman said yesterday September (probably to satisfy me since I keep asking him, I know more than he does). Why the long wait. I also ordered it with Nav which is a whole other issue I know about. They produced MKZ Hybrids awhile ago. Anyne have a definite answer since I only get my answers here compared to dealer?

Thanks

I have had a 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid on order since early June. When in the world is Ford going to start producing these? I have read here that Nov is Job 1, and my saleman said yesterday September (probably to satisfy me since I keep asking him, I know more than he does). Why the long wait. I also ordered it with Nav which is a whole other issue I know about. They produced MKZ Hybrids awhile ago. Anyne have a definite answer since I only get my answers here compared to dealer?

Thanks

According to Donlen fleet as of 5/27/11 (http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx) and Lease Plan (http://www.us.leaseplan.com/web/lpusweb.nsf/id/bmhy-864mu2?open), the 2012 Fusion hybrid start up date is 11/01/11. And you're right, the MKZ hybrid first build (and non-hybrid Fusion) was 06/06/11. Don't know the reason for the delay on the hybrid models. Looks like you will just have to cool your jets and let the anticipation build. Just one of the joys of special ordering a vehicle.

I'm guessing that since so much of the powertrain comes from Japan that maybe parts are hard to come by now? That catastophe over there shut down many important factories. And since Ford can make a lot more money selling a Lincoln than they can a Ford, they are using what parts they can get on the more expesive car. Just speculaing here.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing that since so much of the powertrain comes from Japan that maybe parts are hard to come by now? That catastophe over there shut down many important factories. And since Ford can make a lot more money selling a Lincoln than they can a Ford, they are using what parts they can get on the more expesive car. Just speculaing here.

When I ordered my Fusion SPORT the dealer gave me a copy of an internal memo, dated May 2011, regarding delays for the SPORT and HYBRID models. Specifically it said:

"Fusion Hybrid production will be suspended in the June - to - October time frame."

I scanned the memo but can't attach it to this message as it is too large. Anyway the memo goes on to say the delay IS due to the Japan crisis.