Vans performance records

Jas427

Just want to state that the Ford E 250 vans with 5.4 liter engines have been near prefect for 150,000 to 175,000 miles. Have 9 in our fleet all 2000 and newer. Only change them out because the Techs need to clean out their trucks a least every 5 years. No major failures just a few ing coils and a tie rod end or 2 . Thanks To everyone at Ford!!!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

ONe of my friends owns a small business and he runs nothing but Fords now. One is a base truck with a 4.2 and it is over 100K now with zero issues. One newer 2008 F series with a 5.4 that is the 7 th wonder of the world. This truck has been beat to death from day one. Over loaded every single day and driven by a fool. I cant believe it even runs given the punishment it takes. The driver runs it wide open all the time over loaded and they needed a 3/4 ton and he knows it now. This truck sees punishment that Ford cant duplicate.

Ran an E series with a 4.6 forever and only needed minor work over 10 years. He replaced it with a new E series with a 5.4.

The only glitch is his personal truck. A 2005 F series with a 5.4 that the injector stuck open on and hydrolocked and bent a connecting rod. I dug around and found out this was a problem back then and Ford replaced his engine for free with almost 100K miles on it. He was impressed and will probably only buy Fords from now on. They are pretty damn tough and I was never a fan of the 4.2 jor 5.4 but boy they are both better than I give them credit for.

• 1 year later...

Just want to state that the Ford E 250 vans with 5.4 liter engines have been near prefect for 150,000 to 175,000 miles. Have 9 in our fleet all 2000 and newer. Only change them out because the Techs need to clean out their trucks a least every 5 years. No major failures just a few ing coils and a tie rod end or 2 . Thanks To everyone at Ford!!!

I'm planning on renting an E350 Wagon from AVIS to drive out of state. Its probably a 5.4 engine. Anybody know what the average MPG I should be expecting? Is 13-14 MPG the average? I have a group of 5 people with baggage and a 2 yr old child...I think the alternative Chrysler Mini van is too small! Its a 7 hour drive! All suggestions are warmly invited!

• 6 years later...