Ford Dumping CD Player

The ones that are most problematic in my experience are burned CD's and ones with a few scratches. WMP just seems to handle them a lot better than iTunes.

Yeah, it's best to rip them onto WMP, then sync them to an MP3 player(I have a Sony Walkman 16GB) and skip Apple altogether. Back on topic, I may have used the CD player once in the almost 3 months I've owned my '12 Focus.

I had an MP3 CD in my new Fusion for about a week until I put a big part of my music library on an 8GB memory stick for the USB port. Now I've got 1,100 songs in the car, and there's room on the stick for another 1,000. So far, the SYNC voice command has worked flawlessly to play what I ask it to.

I honestly don't think I could ever do that.

I've had my Macbook for two years now and hate OSX as much today as I did when I purchased it. (I found myself having to support my parents Macs [Which they bought because they were supposed to be "easier"] and so I got one to understand them better.)

Nice hardware, awful OS.

I felt that way about my first mac....in 1998. OSX is perhaps the most brilliantly designed operating system in history. Windows XP is second.

I used to say I hated Apple too...and then I got one...and then I got another one...and then I got an iPhone. I couldn't be happier 99% of the time.

Edited by suv_guy_19

My process: Rip audio CD to raw PCM using cdparanoia. Run the LAME encoder on PCM audio files to convert to MP3. Add/edit ID3 tags to MP3 files using EasyTag. Copy MP3 files onto a USB flash drive. Insert drive into my car's USB port and enjoy!

Here are my favorite tools...

Fre:ac is a great one step ripper/encoder/tagger with many encoding formats.

Tagscanner is a useful tool for batch tag editing and batch file renaming based on tag information.

MP3Gain will normalize volume levels of mp3's so you're not adjusting the volume all the time. Especially useful for flash drives with mp3's from different sources.

• Like 2

I felt that way about my first mac....in 1998. OSX is perhaps the most brilliantly designed operating system in history. Windows XP is second.

I used to say I hated Apple too...and then I got one...and then I got another one...and then I got an iPhone. I couldn't be happier 99% of the time.

I grew up on Dos + Windows. Grew up WITH them.

And then I got to used MacOS (Classic), and Unix (Solaris, to be specific). Each was their own revelation - Mac OS was Jelly, Unix was Peanut Butter. Mac OS X has been just the perfect sandwich of the two, for me.

Frankly, I wonder why you people who don't get down and dirty with a command line bother with the hassle and expense of them.

Just call me a mossback.

I still use the cd player and even the cassette player in the daily drivers. If any choices for my next vehicle did not offer at least a cd player, they would not make the cut.

And I do not have the time to mess around ripping and converting files, that is one reason I still use all of the cassettes.

Just call me a mossback.

I still use the cd player and even the cassette player in the daily drivers. If any choices for my next vehicle did not offer at least a cd player, they would not make the cut.

And I do not have the time to mess around ripping and converting files, that is one reason I still use all of the cassettes.

You don't have to convert anything - just put the cds in and import them in mp3 format then copy them to a usb drive and plug it in. It also gives you backups of your cds and you only have to do it once per cd. It's really not as hard as you're making it out to be.

Some people like Ford. Some like Chevy. Some like Apple. Some hate Apple.

Why does everyone else have to like what you like?

Because I'm God's older brother. If some people like Ford, and some people like Chevy. why is it okay to defend Ford and not Apple? This topic isn't otherwise that exciting anyway. Apple products receive higher quality and satisfaction scores, so it isn't just about what I like anyway.

Edited by suv_guy_19