Ford Dumping CD Player

My link

I guess you could call me an 'oldster' because I still like Compact Discs and phonographs :). A new CD sounds much better then SAT Radio and I haven't heard much difference from my i-Pod but if the download had an issue, you'll know it.

Haven't had a CD in my Edge since I bought it. I wouldn't miss it.

Exactly, I rip my CD's then download them. I think that's the basic way of doing business. At the end of the day, maybe it'll be a option like the Cassette player option was in the 2008 Five Hundred/Taurus :)

The ones that do have it likely won't when they are refreshed. All the new Ford nav systems use SD cards.

Ahhh...all that new fangled technology...I'm an operator by trade, I just push the buttons and brief the command teams not a tech when the screen goes blank...(MAP! F&*king Windows 98! Get Bill Gates in here!) ;)

8,000 CDs!!! Wow. I know radio stations that doesn't have 8000 CDs (all digital now). That's pretty impressive. All the CDs I own are from wedding where they give them out as the "wedding soundtrack." I don't think any one of them have ever been played.

as an owner of close to 8000 CDs I guess Im gonna have to start ripping...issue I have is when doing so I get constant "Bad Media " alerts from the sync system....most annoying.........

as an owner of close to 8000 CDs I guess Im gonna have to start ripping...issue I have is when doing so I get constant "Bad Media " alerts from the sync system....most annoying.........

I used to DJ professionally, before downloading was prominent. I have 23,000+ of those damn things, LOL!

I actually hate the quality of satellite radio, I can hear the shitty output when compared to even top-shelf mp3s.

• Like 1

8,000 CDs!!! Wow. I know radio stations that doesn't have 8000 CDs (all digital now). That's pretty impressive. All the CDs I own are from wedding where they give them out as the "wedding soundtrack." I don't think any one of them have ever been played.

Ive now progressed to Blu Ray movies....sheesh....

Rip them onto your PC through Windows Media Player and then just load em onto an mp3 player/iPod or flash drive. (I don't recommend ripping through iTunes -- for whatever reason, iTunes loves to leave skips in the tracks you rip from CD's).

Rip them onto your PC through Windows Media Player and then just load em onto an mp3 player/iPod or flash drive. (I don't recommend ripping through iTunes -- for whatever reason, iTunes loves to leave skips in the tracks you rip from CD's).

Must be a Windows - iTunes compatibility thing. I've never had that problem on my MacBook Pro.

I'll figure it out eventually, right now i really cant be bothered...my anti-techie is showing its roots...the home computer is an Apple....I would have thought it would be a piece of cake....DAMMIT...but thanks Nick.

The ones that are most problematic in my experience are burned CD's and ones with a few scratches. WMP just seems to handle them a lot better than iTunes.

Hmmm, I guess that's possible. I haven't done much ripping, and I don't think I've done any from burned CDs in the last few years.

iTunes should work fine on your Apple.

it does....but when i transfer to the Memory stick and then insert the stick in the car, i get hit with screeds of the dreaded script BAD MEDIA....and only a portion of what I should....annoying...

I would say it's one last thing you have to worry about, breaking down...the CD player that is. In my LS all I usually play is CD's, just set it and forget it, I do have a connection to connect my Iphone, so I can listen to Pandora with it, but the quality isn't the best either. With the MKX its just so much easier just to get to Pandora, or just voice whatever music I would like to listen to. Although the funny thing is, with Sirius, I've been listening to some of the talk crap on Playboy channel, and usually my clients will get a laugh out of some of the topics discussed in it...and here I was thinking it was going to be like some Orgasm blasting thru the speakers, but its not...most of the time...eh...or just cruising thru some of the channels listening to different things, well drives are usually under 5 miles so its not like i get to enjoy a full song...

The ones that are most problematic in my experience are burned CD's and ones with a few scratches. WMP just seems to handle them a lot better than iTunes.

Indeed, those can be finicky. When ripping less than perfect audio CDs (Red Book), I've gotten the best results by far with cdparanoia. :shades:

My process: Rip audio CD to raw PCM using cdparanoia. Run the LAME encoder on PCM audio files to convert to MP3. Add/edit ID3 tags to MP3 files using EasyTag. Copy MP3 files onto a USB flash drive. Insert drive into my car's USB port and enjoy!

In addition to using USB drives, I have also burned MP3 files onto data CD-Rs for use in cars that don't have a USB port. I've found that lower burn speeds produce better results.

Edited by aneekr