transfers to ktp or lap

wolf3352

Hi!!!

Signed up for a transfer to LAP or KTP, does anyone know what time frame they will do the transfers. Like a start date? Moving from Michigan to Kentucky, also with the enhanced pay in understand that you get a moving allowance of $6000.00 and another once moved you get another amount of $16000.00. How soon do you get the larger amount. Some say a year, some say within 2 weeks of being at the new plant. Also what is the seniority date of the workers, I have 2001 hire date. I was wondering were I would fall in the seniority. If anyone could telll me of some good areas to move to would be a great help. I checked with the my union and they told me they could have me move at soon as 2 weeks, it s all depends on when KY needs us. Nobody up here know a approximate date.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Good luck to everyone that is transferring to different plants

Hi!!!

Signed up for a transfer to LAP or KTP, does anyone know what time frame they will do the transfers. Like a start date? Moving from Michigan to Kentucky, also with the enhanced pay in understand that you get a moving allowance of $6000.00 and another once moved you get another amount of $16000.00. How soon do you get the larger amount. Some say a year, some say within 2 weeks of being at the new plant. Also what is the seniority date of the workers, I have 2001 hire date. I was wondering were I would fall in the seniority. If anyone could telll me of some good areas to move to would be a great help. I checked with the my union and they told me they could have me move at soon as 2 weeks, it s all depends on when KY needs us. Nobody up here know a approximate date.

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Join the crowd, they wont tell us anything either. Sometime between Sept. & Dec. is the rumor, nothing official.

Wolf, the last payment is 8k, what “larger” installment you’re talking about.

UAW National Agreement / Volume 1, Article IX – Sect 28.

Option 1) Enhanced Relocation Allowance = 6k first up front, 16k after arrival and 8k after one year service at the same location. With this option you will lose your RTBU rights.

Option 2) Basic Relocation Allowance = 1 payment of $4800 and you’ll retain your RTBU rights after 6 months of service at the new location.

Hope this helped, good luck to you all

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

• Like 2

Option 1) Enhanced Relocation Allowance = 6k first up front, 16k after arrival and 8k after one year service at the same location. With this option you will lose your RTBU rights.

Option 2) Basic Relocation Allowance = 1 payment of $4800 and you’ll retain your RTBU rights after 6 months of service at the new location.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

Thanks Jeff it would before the Enhanced Option 1. How long after your arrival would you receive the 16k? I don't have the UAW National Agreement on hand!!!!

No problem Wolf, after talking with many members that have selected option 1 in the past, they all had the same answer - within the first month of arriving they got the 2nd installment.

The National agreement only states the time line of the first and last installments. The language on the second is very unclear. Heres what it says An additional amount of $16,000 will be paid to the employee at the new location

The contract also states the following: Detailed information regarding payments and other Relocation Help Services regarding the Enhanced Relocation Allowance will be made available to employees.

They should have had this information, as stated, up front when the posting went up? I think it would have helped greatly.

I hope this helps, please understand that I have never transferred were either option was available to me. I have only transferred in zone. So, this is not a derivative from personal experience, its language from our National agreement and information from brothers and sisters that have in the past accepted and received enhanced relocation allowance.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Stamping & Body

Edited by ReDemption

Hi!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Go to our employee run website and ask your question about what area to live in and you'll get a lot of feedback and suggestions. Also let them know if schools is a concern. Don't know how to post a link, google scottrlap.proboards.com or fomoco/lapktp. Welcome to LAP.

Hi!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!!

we got our first payment 2wks after we got to kcap from ngp

Hi!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!!

Good luck............ The entire Louisville area is nice 10 miles in any direction. Just check schools regardless if you have children or not. Generally good schools mean a good community with parents that look after their kids...........

• 2 weeks later...

I have been at KTP for 16+ years. I was born and raised here. Where to live depends a lot on whether you want to be in the suburbs, the city, or out in the country. ALL of these choices are within 10-15 minutes of KTP or LAP. You will like everything we have here except for the idiots who cannot drive when it rains or snows. We do not get a lot of snow, so people lose their minds when we do. Come on down, and welcome. Hit me up if anybody has any questions about the area.

Edited by fomoco_hourly_slave