Transfers

I need a little info about transfering to Kentucky? What is built at LAP? Is thier overtime @ KTP or LAP? And any orther would be great? Thanks!!

Thanks to the UAWs proactive nature in the 2007 Agreement we have these openings in LAP and KTP.

Transferring to KTP or LAP is a good choice. The product cycles new, mostly all new tooling in KTP and all new tooling in LAP.

The UAW set these locations (like Chicago, KCAP, MAP, ISA and DTP) up for long term job security.

LAP product is supposedly the new version of the Escape. KTP is the F250s and F350s as well as Expedition/Navigator

These plants work tons of overtime and if you want to make some good money these are the locations.

There are many people talking about signing up for these voluntary opportunities.

May your voluntary selection be wise and well thought out.

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to a "southern plant"

Good luck.........

• Like 2

Your post are full of shit. Why tell people tons of

Overtime when overtime is not written in stone.

You should not make a decision based on

overtime anyway.

HHMMMMMMMmmmmm !!!!!!!!

No O/T at New Product Launches at CAP and MAP ????? LAP will be busting out O/T

Me thinks you are the one of full of $hit.......

This is a big decision and it is voluntary (thank you UAW)......

Once the open window period closes the move is final and binding.

Seems many are wanting the LAP voluntary opportunity good luck to everyone !!!!!!!

• Like 2

Production schedule is slated for three shifts, five days , eight hours. No A,B,C schedule. Sure there will be overtime during the launch and probably for quite some time after that. But when it levels out you will be working 8 hrs, five days a week with no OT. Like others said, don't let OT be the determining factor.

• Like 2

Alot of these assholes have expenses based on overtime, not 40 hours. It's one reason why some people have been waiting almost 7 years to get placed.

You are probably the only Millwright not working somewhere, how did you fall through the cracks??

• Like 1

You are probably the only Millwright not working somewhere, how did you fall through the cracks??

Well just goes to show you what u know, Im a millwright working in production not in my trade, so yea Im working but me, and the 20 or so other millwrights in zone 1 just want to get back to our tools and do what we have been trained for. The company has been dragging their feet adding trades even though they are shorthanded in most facilities. The union hasnt done much either to get us back either. I hope the national negotiators during the contract talks fix this and get us our trade jobs back!! Never in the history of this company has so many tradesmen been out of their trade and placed in production or not placed at all, last number I heard was 350 assorted trades off their tools....this has to change!!! I know what you are gonna say....just want to be lazy and ride around on carts and drink coffee...WRONG!!!! I want to get back to the only job I have ever cared about and enjoyed doing...working with my hands and using my skills to solve problems. If you have never felt like this I truly feel sorry for you maybe next time its offered you will take a trades entry test at your plant and have a chance to experience this. Until then spare me the poor me "trades are lazy assholes and deserve what they get" routine most on here cry about. And I wont go on about all the lazy asses filing medical to get the easy jobs, or the union pets getting their buds to get them those jobs too....etc. etc. etc........

• Like 1

Stuck in dtp has it right. it is very frustrating to hear tradesmen your union brothers tell you that they made six figures the last five years and i scrapped by with sub and unemployment. Sure we have jobs but has anyone else taken a 5 dollar an hour pay cut in this great union. When asked if they would take an alternate work schedule or file greivences to stop outsourcing work they just shrug and wonder why they would want to do that. I hope no tradesmen ever go through what us forgotten few have. Equity of sacrifice seems like a joke when we have given up so much. Make it right by putting us back to our tools. Hopefully all these bids will lead to some opportunities for us to do what we were trained to do.

• 3 weeks later...

We are workin some o/t right now, but as said above, it fluctuates with the economy. We have been on a 2 week on, 2 week layoff pattern in the past and right before shutdown, we were rolling 9.8 to 10.0 every day. We are between 8.0 and 8.5 this week and just ran job one for 2012 f series and i think exp/nav is slated for a few weeks from now. when gas is really stupid( worse than what it is now) things may slow again. you just never know. It is a good place to work, just humid as hell in the summer.