SVT Alive?

I still say it's a mistake for Ford to discontinue the practice of released SVT vehicles with an actual SVT NAME however.

The GT500 should be the Shelby SVT GT500. It's not good enough putting it on the valve covers and wheel center caps. The SVT name still carries value in the niche markets in which it competes. Minimizing its role in the development of such vehicles does nothing to help Ford or SVT.

I don't know how many people I've heard say already "Ford couldn't build a real Mustang without Shelby's help". Those pessimists would all be silenced by keeping the SVT name alive.

I still say it's a mistake for Ford to discontinue the practice of released SVT vehicles with an actual SVT NAME however.

The GT500 should be the Shelby SVT GT500. It's not good enough putting it on the valve covers and wheel center caps. The SVT name still carries value in the niche markets in which it competes. Minimizing its role in the development of such vehicles does nothing to help Ford or SVT.

I don't know how many people I've heard say already "Ford couldn't build a real Mustang without Shelby's help". Those pessimists would all be silenced by keeping the SVT name alive.

You mean Ford couldn't figure out the GT500 needed 285s out back without Shelby there to tell them it did?