2012 Expedition Order Guide

ice-capades

06/13/2011 2012 MY Expedition Order Bank Opens

07/21/2011 2012 MY Expedition Scheduling Starts

08/22/2011 2012 MY Expedition Job #1 Date

Thanks for posting this information, not much change from the '11 model year. It was expected the 5.4L would be back but am still disappointed nonetheless. This is 6 straight years of the same bodystyle too, wonder if we'll get a change after the '12 model year along with the powertrain.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if 2013 will finally be the year for extreme makeover on Expedition and Tahoes? Would think you would start seeing spy photos or leaked information soon if that happens. Don't redesigned vehicles usually hit showrooms a few months earlier than normal new model year vehicles?

• 3 weeks later...

06/13/2011 2012 MY Expedition Order Bank Opens

07/21/2011 2012 MY Expedition Scheduling Starts

08/22/2011 2012 MY Expedition Job #1 Date

As is everyone else i am Ford hasn't put the new engines in the Expedition. I see myself buying a family sized 4x4 in the next 2-3 years I'd like to get a Ford. I can't say I like the Explorer, and I wouldn't buy a new Expedition unless it has the 3.5L EB or 5.0L in it. Other putting the new engines & electric steering in them I don't see that Ford needs to change the Expedition at all.

I have to say that if I had to go out and buy an SUV in the next year right now I'd be giving the Wrangler (after the 3.6 PS engine is in them) unlimited or 4-Runner a look, either that or a used B/F Explorer.

• 1 month later...

As is everyone else i am Ford hasn't put the new engines in the Expedition. I see myself buying a family sized 4x4 in the next 2-3 years I'd like to get a Ford. I can't say I like the Explorer, and I wouldn't buy a new Expedition unless it has the 3.5L EB or 5.0L in it. Other putting the new engines & electric steering in them I don't see that Ford needs to change the Expedition at all.

I have to say that if I had to go out and buy an SUV in the next year right now I'd be giving the Wrangler (after the 3.6 PS engine is in them) unlimited or 4-Runner a look, either that or a used B/F Explorer.

As good a value as the Expedition is, I'm shocked that Ford doesn't drop the 3.5 Ecoboost into it. Its puzzling that Ford and Chevy go at it for payload and mpg on pick up trucks but not a word about mpg on Expeditions/Tahoes/Suburbans...

As good a value as the Expedition is, I'm shocked that Ford doesn't drop the 3.5 Ecoboost into it. Its puzzling that Ford and Chevy go at it for payload and mpg on pick up trucks but not a word about mpg on Expeditions/Tahoes/Suburbans...

Much, much smaller market now, therefore updating them isn't a priority. It's on the list for sure - they just haven't gotten to it yet.

That makes a ton of sense. Only so many resources to spread around.

Yep. People assume that resources and capital are unlimited so if Ford doesn't do something it's because they don't want to - when in fact there are probably dozens of approved projects that just didn't make the line this year.

Yep. People assume that resources and capital are unlimited so if Ford doesn't do something it's because they don't want to - when in fact there are probably dozens of approved projects that just didn't make the line this year.

Ok so the Navivgator gets the Ecoboost.......

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2012-lincoln-navigator-to-gain-3-5l-ecoboost-v6-styling-refresh.html