6.2 Expedition

302bossman

I'd fully expect the next gen Expedition to offer the EcoBoost. The 6.2 may be reserved for the Navigator though. Of course, there's also a possibility of the rumored new 5.8 making its way around in naturally aspirated form instead of just the supercharged version for the next GT500. I think a lot of the V8 powertrains are a bit up in the air at this point.

• 3 months later...

The Expedition needs ford's new 6.2. If it was offered, I would not be driving my Denali.

I have to admit I have heard rumors that Ford is going to bring out a 5.8L engine based on the 5.0L and this sounds like a MUCH better top of the line engine than the 6.2L. In comparison test the 3.5L TT kicks the 6.2L's butt and the 5.0L is able to match or nearly match it. In the 4x4 the 5.0L is getting much better mileage and its nearly as strong, frankly I believe as do most Ford detuned the truck 5.0L to give the 3.5L room and of course likely so they can easily kick it up a notch when Chevy finally gets off there arse and replaces the 5.3L.