will Ecoboost only be available on FWD edge?

escape22

The 2.0 Ecoboost is only being offered as an economy option, that's why it's FWD only on the Edge & Explorer. If you were to add AWD you would negate the economy. If/when the Edge ever gets the 3.5 Ecoboost, I would bet an AWD only.

I just don't see the logic in this. If someone wants an AWD Edge, they are going to get AWD. The 2.0 Ecoboost would likely save just as much fuel from the V6 model in either form. People who need/want AWD would be just as interested in saving fuel.

• Like 1

The 2.0 Ecoboost is only being offered as an economy option, that's why it's FWD only on the Edge & Explorer. If you were to add AWD you would negate the economy. If/when the Edge ever gets the 3.5 Ecoboost, I would bet an AWD only.

Do you know what the towing capacity will be for the edge with the ecoboost engine?

I just don't see the logic in this. If someone wants an AWD Edge, they are going to get AWD. The 2.0 Ecoboost would likely save just as much fuel from the V6 model in either form. People who need/want AWD would be just as interested in saving fuel.

If a 2.0EB with AWD gets the same MPG rating as a 3.5 with AWD, then why offer it? It's an economy option, not performance. If you want a 4 cylinder with AWD, you'll have to get an Escape.

Do you know what the towing capacity will be for the edge with the ecoboost engine?

No idea.

• 1 month later...

It's very likely there will be no towing package at all available on the I-4 EcoBoost.

Edit: Fixed spelling-error from "now" to "no".. :finger:

Edited by EcoBoost

It's already confirmed in the order guide: 2.0 Ecoboost not available with AWD, tow package or selectshift transmission.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45648-2012-edge-order-guide/

Will be interesting to see the final MPG- and performance-numbers on the EcoBoost and the possible premium for the engine to evalute the "Eco-package".. :reading:

• 5 months later...

echo-boost only available with FWD. you cannot get it with sport in Canada. cannot also be purchased with advance radar control. (distance pacing cruise control)

now for the good news

I got my limited turbo 2 days ago first trip with canadian gallons 42 mpg to vancouver at about 57 mph.

Second trip to Bellingham and back 44 mpg (60 mph) and also canadian gallon.

This is about 36-37 mpg in US gallons.

The car is not even broken in yet?