President Obama releases long-form birth certificate

With the advent of the neo-cons, and the advent of the web, a lot of the hard-of-thinking are buying into the anti-Obama hysteria, lock, stock and barrel, as we see with ol' Sprinter. Boldface my emphasis. :)

FABIUS MAXIMUS has an explanation of how this came to be. You will note that this is not a "liberal" or "left wing" web site.

Summary: Conservatives have found that insights by Gresham and Lenin create superweapons of political debate in modern America.
Glittering lies, simple and attractive but false assertions at high volume that drive accurate analysis off-stage. Ignore rebuttals. Instead launch a new salvo of lies. Ignore the long, complex, softly worded replies by experts. The result so far is slow victory, perhaps eventual control of America’s state and federal machinery. And perhaps ruin to America.

“A jackass can kick a barn down, but it takes a carpenter to build one.”

— Attributed to Sam Rayburn (Democrat from Texas, 1882-1961), one of our most effective and honest Speakers of the House

The Republicans have surged in strength, a powerful recovery from their 2008 losses. Operational excellence helped, focusing their troops on a few objectives and policy objectives – #1 being to make Obama a one-term president (said by Senate Republican Leader McConnell to National Journal, subscription-only). More importantly, their tactics have been brilliant and innovative — driven by two insights:

1) From Gresham, faux economics can displace the real thing in people’s minds

2) From Lenin, oppose everything. The worse the better for Republicans.

For so long conservatives/Republicans have been referred to as dullards, neanderthal, foolish, and un-American. Now, they're evil geniuses manipulating those who must be. (presumably referring to independents)

• Like 2

If the birthers really believe that Obama has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes, then they will have to admit he is the smartest man alive.

Truth be known, the apparent foot-dragging by the Administration is more about embarrassing stuff on Obama's father than the President himself. (Link to article)

Throughout a tumultuous career as an economist in Nairobi in the 1960s, Barack Hussein Obama, President Obamas father, claimed to have earned a PhD from Harvard University. But according to federal immigration records, Obama was forced to leave the school by administrators alarmed at his freewheeling personal life and financial difficulties.

In a May 1964 memo contained in the elder Obamas Immigration and Naturalization Service file, an immigration inspector noted that Obama had passed his exams and was entitled to stay and complete the requirements for a PhD in economics. But Harvard administrators, including the chairman of the economics department, are going to try and cook something up to ease him out.

Not long afterward, Harvard asked the INS to hold up on Obamas routine request for an extension of his stay, according to a June memo signed by immigration inspector M.F.McKeon. School administrators, the memo continued, were having difficulty with his financial arrangements and couldnt seem to figure out how many wives he had.

If that be the case, I think Obama should have more faith in peoples' ability to discern between his own behavior and that of his father.

Edited by RangerM
  • Like 2

The birth certificate is a phony, made on a computer. The fact that people still believe it is real shows the power of indoctrination. They get so cought up in belief that they refuse to look at any obvious proof that they are believing in something that is not true. Truth itself becomes variable to them. You see that in religion as well. Just because the Bible says that, for example, the universe can be only around 5000 years old, they believe it. It is so absurd that it is laughable, but they cannot be swayed. It is the same with Obama's birth certificate. It is a proven cheap forgery, but the indoctrinated believe because Obama says it is real.

• Like 1

The birth certificate is a phony, made on a computer. The fact that people still believe it is real shows the power of indoctrination. They get so cought up in belief that they refuse to look at any obvious proof that they are believing in something that is not true. Truth itself becomes variable to them. You see that in religion as well. Just because the Bible says that, for example, the universe can be only around 5000 years old, they believe it. It is so absurd that it is laughable, but they cannot be swayed. It is the same with Obama's birth certificate. It is a proven cheap forgery, but the indoctrinated believe because Obama says it is real.

Proven by who? More of the tinfoil hat crowd?
  • Like 2

The birth certificate is a phony, made on a computer authentic. The fact that people still believe it is real a fake shows the power of indoctrination. They get so cought up in belief that they refuse to look at any obvious proof that the cause are believing in something that is not true. Truth itself becomes variable to them. You see that in religion as well. Just because the Bible says that, for example, the universe can be only around 5000 years old, they believe it. It is so absurd that it is laughable, but they cannot be swayed. It is the same with Obama's birth certificate. It is a proven cheap forgery fact that President Obama was born in Honolulu, but the indoctrinated refuse to believe because Obama says it is real.

Fixed that For You Trim.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1

Whatever . . . What's really real is Obama's record as president. It's been documented, and it's been abysmal.

• Like 3

Whatever . . . What's really real is Obama's record as president. It's been documented, and it's been abysmal.

And that's what people should focus on. People know what gas prices are. They know what's happening at the grocery store. They hear about deficits, debt ceilings, and an economic recovery that is (for many) a phantom.

And they aren't hearing what the President would be in favor of--except more of the same.

• Like 2

When you claim to believe in nothing Trim, you can believe anything.

What is it that lends the people who claim the document is phony more credibility than the President of the United States? I realize the POTUS may have more to lose, but I don't believe the POTUS believes he's hiding anything.

And even if what you say is true, what or where is the upside?

If the answer is the truth, then what is it about THIS truth takes precedence over the truth that America is on a collision course with a economic iceberg? From where I'm looking, the crippling effects of the Obama Administration have taken hold already, and if you think that's going to be undone by a birth certificate, you need to familiarize yourself with Apparent Authority.

BTW, no version of the Bible I know of says that the universe is 5000 years old. Please don't confuse the text with people's interpretation of it.

And that's what people should focus on. People know what gas prices are.

You are correct. A real president would have produced way more gasoline than Obama and wouldn't have wasted any time encouraging ideas to use less of it. Either way, i do applaud you for moving on and actually discussing important issues.

• Like 1

When you claim to believe in nothing Trim, you can believe anything.

What is it that lends the people who claim the document is phony more credibility than the President of the United States? I realize the POTUS may have more to lose, but I don't believe the POTUS believes he's hiding anything.

And even if what you say is true, what or where is the upside?

If the answer is the truth, then what is it about THIS truth takes precedence over the truth that America is on a collision course with a economic iceberg? From where I'm looking, the crippling effects of the Obama Administration have taken hold already, and if you think that's going to be undone by a birth certificate, you need to familiarize yourself with Apparent Authority.

BTW, no version of the Bible I know of says that the universe is 5000 years old. Please don't confuse the text with people's interpretation of it.

I don't believe in anything. So far, from what I have seen, the birth certificate appears to be bogus. Nobody who says that it is real has shown any proof. They are just going on faith. Show me some proof and I will change my opinion. Belief is something that cannot change; therefore I do not believe one way or the other because I will change my opinion based on proof.

If you add up all of the "begats" beginning with Adam, times normal life spans up to the so-called birth of Christ at around year 1, plus from that time to the present, it adds up to something over 5,000 years give or take a century or two. Science says that the universe is something like 12 billion years old, and the earth maybe 3 billion. I have talked to people who say that there were no dinosaurs. The fossils were put there to test people's faith. There is always an answer when beliefs are challenged.

Maybe the government likes to put out absurd information to make sure that the people's gullibility is still intact. It is like a certain company that puts out junk mail telling people that they are going to win a big prize if they submit an entry. There is no prize, but it enables them to compile a "sucker list", which is very valuable to other scam artists who will pay big bucks for the names.

Edited by Trimdingman

And that's what people should focus on. People know what gas prices are. They know what's happening at the grocery store. They hear about deficits, debt ceilings, and an economic recovery that is (for many) a phantom.

And they aren't hearing what the President would be in favor of--except more of the same.

And you've only touched on Obama's handling of the economy. All the subsidies and resultant price distortions are intact. But Obama's put the squeeze on domestic off-shore drilling while providing a $2 billion loan guarantee to Brazil for its own off-shore drilling, while taking a vacation in that country when, at the same time, U.S. forces began bombing Libya. That was pretty weird.

"Hope and change" is what Obama campaigned on -- lest we forget.

The anti-war Left are seething over the fact that our forces are still in Iraq, that Obama has actually intitiated a surge in forces in Afghanistan, and has now effectively invaded Libya, and that he hasn't shut down Gitmo as promised. And they aren't too happy with all those Obama-approved drone strikes in Pakistan, many of which have killed non-terrorists. (I say so because I listen to Amy Goodman -- a dyed-in-the-wool pacifist -- on "Democracy Now" on NPR.) It sounds like Obama is losing popularity with the CodePink crowd.

Change? Not so much, except for Obama's banning new drilling in the Gulf and dissing the "rich" and business in general.

Hope? I remember during the 2008 campaign that Rush Limbaugh devoted an entire three-hour program on the subject of "hope." The take-away was that "hope" is for people who don't have the initiative to do things for themselves, to improve their lives on their own merit, so they must "hope" for a better future (as if some external force could provide that better future) -- and in the case of the 2008 presidential campaign, what some politician promised them.

One of the greatest true stories -- and greatest survival story, as designated by the History Channel -- in recorded history is that of the survivors of the plane crash of the Uruguayan rugby team in the Andes in 1972. I've read the books and watched the documentaries. It's an incredibly fascinating story. In the feature-length movie "Alive," which is based on the non-fiction book by the same name, we are given a glimpse of what "hope" can offer -- or not offer.

Crash survivor Nando Parrado awoke from a coma (roughly three days after the crash) to find that his mother had died immediately in the crash and he was with his sister Suzy when she died from internal injuries a few days later. After eight days on the mountain, a few of the survivors (I think it was 29 at that point) learned through listening on a transistor radio that the search-and-rescue mission was called off, meaning that they were left for dead. The team captain didn't know what to tell the others, saying, "I can't tell them there's no hope!"

Nando Parrado (played by the actor Ethan Hawke) replied dryly: "What's so great about hope?" It was the most profound line in the movie. Parrado knew that mere "hope" wasn't going to get them rescued. It took awhile -- roughly 60 days -- watching other crash survivors die and ultimately eating them for food -- for Parrado to convince first-year medical student Roberto Canessa to accompany him on what would be a terrible -- and historic -- ten-day trek across the Andean cordillera in order to reach civilization. Which they did. And the other 14 survivors were rescued, after 72 days on the mountain.

Presently, Nando Parrado is CEO of three companies and is one of the most widely sought-after public speakers in the world. Roberto Canessa is a pediatric cardiologist. To my knowledge, all 14 of the other survivors are still alive to this day -- which is in itself a miracle, given their cigarette addictions.

The point is: "Hope" is external. If we are to survive, we can't "hope" that some external thing enables what we want or what we need. We have to do it by ourselves, Duh!

Therefore, depending on some politician (or public official) for "hope" is (and has proven to be) absurd. Expecting "change" is . . . well, it's a whole different deal -- and not one conducive for investment or job creation or anything else that our politicians have promised.

"Hopey changey? How's that workin' out for ya?" Sarah Palin had it exactly right.

• Like 3

A real president would not have impeded others.

A real president would not have impeded others to extract a finite resource even more quickly so that we can enjoy lower prices for a short period to the detriment of future generations who will have to make do with less of that resource on top of dealing with the airborne by-products of our squandering of that resource.

• Like 1

I don't believe in anything. So far, from what I have seen, the birth certificate appears to be bogus. Nobody who says that it is real has shown any proof. They are just going on faith. Show me some proof and I will change my opinion. Belief is something that cannot change; therefore I do not believe one way or the other because I will change my opinion based on proof.

Maybe the government likes to put out absurd information to make sure that the people's gullibility is still intact. It is like a certain company that puts out junk mail telling people that they are going to win a big prize if they submit an entry. There is no prize, but it enables them to compile a "sucker list", which is very valuable to other scam artists who will pay big bucks for the names.

Your logic is cyclical. You ask for proof, but you don't believe anything, so there can be no such thing as proof. Noone could come up with any standard of proof that could not be faked by someone willing to do the work.

You might as well believe the Earth was created 5 minutes ago with everything already in place (including your memories), since you cannot provide any evidence to the contrary.

I guess some members on this board are just a small reflection of how dumbed down Americans have become. Willingly believe anything the government tells you without question. Obama's whole life is one grand lie. It all started when his mom got pregnant and lied about who the real father was. Look at the pictures of Obama, his supposed dad and brother George. Any resemblance? NOT! But wait, look at the admitted commie Davis. NOW WHO IS THE REAL FATHER? http://wheresobamasbirthcertificate.com/blog/?p=12

What is poor Barry Soetoro to do? And how many other identities did he live by? Don't know for sure, he is hiding all his school records. One of these days his past will all become public knowledge. And we will then know the Rubber Band Man flim-flamed the gullible. But hey, he killed Osama! Now that should get he a couple of more votes! But at least now we wont have to see any more look-a-likes on video brought out by the government to try and scare us. Of course the government destroyed the body so no independent examinations can be preformed. Is there a pattern here? The rubble from the Oklahoma blast was buried and the WTC rubble was sent to China, both excluding independent analysis. Believe, have faith, big brother would never lie to you! Sounds like a 'global warming' lie to me. How many of you believed that whopper?

I come across this birth certificate from a news article back in March. So which is real? Maybe neither. http://alohareporter.com/2010/03/hawaii-considering-law-to-ignore-obama-birthers/ Looks as authentic as the one Obama released.

• Like 1

-deleted for space-

You have people who believe anything Obama tells them. You have people who believe nothing Obama tells them. And you have people who can prioritize.

Do you really think that the question of Obama's family tree is the most pressing issue facing America right now?

Let's just assume you're correct. Obama wasn't born in this country. He's not a natural-born citizen. He's pulled the wool over enough people's eyes to get himself into the White House. Let's say it's beyond any reasonable doubt, and Obama is officially, legally ineligible to be President.

What then? We impeach? We put America through an impeachment trial of the "first black President"? Think race relations will take a hit? You think America is divided now, what do you think an impeachment trial will do? And given that the Senate is controlled by the Democrats, how do you intend to force them to conduct a trial?

Meanwhile, America is accelerating into an abyss of debt and ultimate (economic) failure; and it's getting worse every minute. How does an impeachment solve that problem? Help me with that one because until I can see how this issue--no matter how serious it may be--solves anything that is material to the country's future after 2012, I'm going to look past it.

• Like 2

Your logic is cyclical. You ask for proof, but you don't believe anything, so there can be no such thing as proof. Noone could come up with any standard of proof that could not be faked by someone willing to do the work.

You might as well believe the Earth was created 5 minutes ago with everything already in place (including your memories), since you cannot provide any evidence to the contrary.

I am not talking about enough proof to cause me to "believe", just enough to get me to change my opinion. Belief is written in stone. There is no such thing as changing your belief because if you change your belief, then you did not truly believe in the first place. Belief is indoctrination. That is why I say that I have no beliefs. I saw some pretty convincing proof that the birth certificate is a fake. Maybe all of these different sources were lying. Anything is possible. I am of the strong opinion that all religions are false; yet billions believe. It is not too difficult to see how a charismatic character like Obama could hypnotize people into believing everything that he says. Jim Jones got hundreds of followers to commit suicide.

If you add up all of the "begats" beginning with Adam, times normal life spans up to the so-called birth of Christ at around year 1, plus from that time to the present, it adds up to something over 5,000 years give or take a century or two.

But you don't believe that, do you?

I guess some members on this board are just a small reflection of how dumbed down Americans have become.

So now you're all wound up about who may or may not be his father?

Get a life, dude, get a life. If one negative about Obama fizzles out, you're on to the next one like a starving pitbull on a T-bone. :confused:

• Like 1

Your logic is cyclical.

And his brain is Teflon-coated; nothing really sticks, so discourse with him is repetitious as he weasel-weaves from contention to contention. There's a Kafka quality to the simplistic universe he inhabits. :)

• Like 1

But you don't believe that, do you?

I don't believe that. I am of the strong opinion that I am correct, but if I am proven wrong, and change my opinion, I will not crack up or have a conniption. (first time I ever wrote that word. Spelling looks off) On the other hand, people with deeply indoctrinated beliefs will crack up before they will change them. Belief is not healthy. I have seen it many times. People with strong beliefs cannot stand it when their beliefs are called into question. They are mostly either religious or socialist. I get called into question over my opinions almost every day. I get more amused than excited.