Sat in a Titanuim today

terryj

Was a white tri-coat with artic white trim package, moonroof, navigation. Didn't really care for the artic white trim but the car is comfortable for a big guy like myself. Didn't get to test drive because I didn't have the time. I never in my life thought I would ever see a Focus stickered for 29K. That's just insane, even with the new platform.

I'm on the fence about a Titanium or waiting on the ST, whenever that comes out who knows. If I can get a Titanium with moonroof, nav, and 18-inch wheel package for under 25K I may just jump in.

• 2 weeks later...

How big are you? I have ordered a 2012 Titanium hatchback with the moonroof, and now I am second-guessing myself. My partner is 6'6", and I am worried about headroom. We test drove an SE sedan without a moonroof, and headroom was okay, but I can't find a headroom measurement for a model with a moonroof (because it's optional on all trim levels). I.e., how much will I lose with the moonroof? What was your impression of that interior dimension?

How big are you? I have ordered a 2012 Titanium hatchback with the moonroof, and now I am second-guessing myself. My partner is 6'6", and I am worried about headroom. We test drove an SE sedan without a moonroof, and headroom was okay, but I can't find a headroom measurement for a model with a moonroof (because it's optional on all trim levels). I.e., how much will I lose with the moonroof? What was your impression of that interior dimension?

I think your saving grace will be the 6 way driver's seat.

You do not loose anything with the moon roof.

Was a white tri-coat with artic white trim package, moonroof, navigation. Didn't really care for the artic white trim but the car is comfortable for a big guy like myself. Didn't get to test drive because I didn't have the time. I never in my life thought I would ever see a Focus stickered for 29K. That's just insane, even with the new platform.

I'm on the fence about a Titanium or waiting on the ST, whenever that comes out who knows. If I can get a Titanium with moonroof, nav, and 18-inch wheel package for under 25K I may just jump in.

So did the White look good on the Titanium? I have an order in for that combo - picked the color from a Fusion on the dealer lot.

For now I know the sticker looks high for a Focus but you have to remember that this new Focus is a whole new ballgame. I spent my first 26 years in Ireland and my Father owned a European Focus. That car was leagues ahead of anything I had seen in the U.S. until now. Now that Ford has wisely made the decision to sell the very same car here and in Europe I think you'll find the new car is actually worth much more than the current sticker. I expect that price to gradually rise over the coming years.

An interesting experiment is to compare Euro vs US prices on various cars that sell in basically the same spec on both continents. On average I have found that after accounting for the exchange rate we get the same cars for approx 70-75% of the Euro cost (UK at least - that's where I tend to grab the figures from). The new Focus on the other hand is selling for a little over 62% of the Euro price! I think we're getting a deal.

You do not loose anything with the moon roof.

How is this possible? The moonroof mechanism and space for the glass and shade take up considerable amounts of space. When manufacturers are trying to squeeze every cubic foot and tenth of an inch out of interior dimensions, why would they create dead space in the headliner on the non-moonroof models just so the dimensions matched?

I'm 6'3". I sat in a 2012 Focus at the auto show earlier this year. I was surprised that it seemed a little snug compared to my 2002 ZX5.

That's the opposite of the impression I had. I'm also 6'3", and I also sat in the Titanium at the 2011 NAIAS, and it felt a LOT more comfortable than the 2007 Focus I'm driving, with better positioned and more comfortable arm rests, a whole lot more width, and quite a bit more front leg room. I was quite comfortable in it. It felt even roomier than my 2005 Mazda3 by a small margin, and that Mazda3 definitely had more room than this 2007 Focus I'm driving now.

As far as the increased cost, people need to remember that the base price did not change. The increased cost isn't just a reflection of the larger and much better base platform, but also the fact that you can get some SERIOUS technology in this car. For what you get, I have no problem with $25,000 to $29,000 Titaniums. If you read through the 2012 Focus Source Book, you can come to understand where your money is going when you buy this car.

Edited by Chibana

Which ways does the seat move. I forgot to check that when I first saw a Titanium last February. I'm hoping it has a seat tilt feature to lower the front and the up and down is done manually.

IIRC, it's up/down, fore/aft, seatback tilt fore/aft with manual lumbar adjuster. [Edit] Just checked the OG, confirmed.

Edited by mrgdr57

Which ways does the seat move. I forgot to check that when I first saw a Titanium last February. I'm hoping it has a seat tilt feature to lower the front and the up and down is done manually.

It is in actuality an eight-way seat. power fore-aft (2),power front up down (2),power rear up down (2) and power recliner (2). A nice feature for the C-segment. Oh, and add the manual lumbar too!

Yep, I see that on page 177. I should have checked there first.

I saw and sat in my first Titanium today too. Blue candy hatch with black leather & about every option except the winter & auto parking packages. Wow! What a car.

Adjusted the seat for my driving position then got in the back seat. Seems to be plenty of room for anyone riding behind me.

Awaiting the arrival of my Ingot Silver sedan.....

• 1 month later...

My partner is 6'6", and I am worried about headroom.

I'm 6'6", and had almost 3" of headroom in the Titanium with the 6-way power seat without the power moonroof. Sales said I might lose about an inch of headroom with the power moonroof, so I'm sure I will be just fine (as your partner likely would be).

Edit: typo fixed!

Edited by Oroborus