Finally a 8' supercab picture.

ham77

Hopefully this uploade the picture. These forums make it way to hard. Just came in and in person it is way cooler.

But of course not. It won't upload and its not my computer. Note to moderators...Get your act together and make copying pictures on your forum EASY.....always a problem for everyone.

Edited by ham77

Well now isn't that cool. You have to paste in the IMG then, and then, when you actually post it shows the picture (you left that part out which might have been helpful:) Anywho there it is. There was so much snow outside the dealership that it produced a lot of glare inside.

Well now isn't that cool. You have to paste in the IMG then, and then, when you actually post it shows the picture (you left that part out which might have been helpful:) Anywho there it is. There was so much snow outside the dealership that it produced a lot of glare inside.

It looks WAAAAAY better than I thought it would.

Note to moderators...Get your act together and make copying pictures on your forum EASY.....always a problem for everyone.

:headscratch:

The photo attaching/uploading methods this forum utilizes is about the same as every other forum I've ever been to. You can, as has already been suggested, use image tags to share pictures from a 3rd party, or you can use the built-in photo uploader which seems to be pretty easy to use to me. You attach a photo to the message, then insert the photo tag into the message.

A lot of forums let you just copy and paste off your computer.

Really? I frequent 6 different Ford forums, and all require you use their photo uploader, or to use a 3rd party. Don't think I've ever seen a forum just let you copy/paste them in. I'd I'm with Nick on this one, the process is very simply no matter which option you use.

Edited by V8-X

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious how long you waited between ordering your truck and taking delivery? I ordered almost the same rig on Feb. 11th and just received my VIN this week. Doesn't look like it will be built till the first week in May, so it will likely be June before I'm behind the wheel.

How is the ride quality with the supercab and long box? I'm guessing you weren't able to test drive this configuration anywhere before placing an order.

sun-prairie. (part 1)

It took forever to get the pickup as I ordered even before they officially announced the beginning of production. You should get yours in a pretty reasonable amount of time. The good think is i got all the updates.

Now I realize I never got back to this forum to do a brief update. You are correct, and actually I never realized this until the day I was on my way to get my pickup....this is the first time I have bought a vehicle without even having test driven it:)! Suddenly I got nervous....but then I viewed it there on the dealer's floor and immediately fell in love with it. After the financial exchange and the exhaustive introduction to its many fine features I had to immediately participate in a 417 mile sojourn out into Eastern Montana. So here is what I found...brace yourself.

Without question, other than a Lexus LS4XX, I have never been in a quieter vehicle, and this with the Jumbo Ears (tow mirrors). The engine is to die for. I read of guys talking about turbo lag...I know what they are talking about, but it is uncommon for me to sit at a stoplight and then stomp my foot to the floor and roar away...even though with this truck that is fun...if you feather it at all...ie drive at all normal, there simply is no lag...none.

The EPS is smooth, precise, and blessedly absent of the well known whine of the steering pump...one less belt to make noise at idle.

I have to say though the F 150 2010 that I drove rode well I agreed with others that there is a perceived "jitteriness" that you feel when going over certain bumps even thought the ride is smooth. I had worried the Heavy Duty package would make it ride rough...I worried needlessly. Between the long wheelbase with the 8' box and the HD package you get a velvet ride, no sound, no jitteriness, and nearly race care handling...albeit a long race car:) This package is a definitive home run.

sun-prairie (part 2)

As I have posted elsewhere I think the genius of the Ecoboost has been missed by many. It isn't that is gets the absolute best mileage of all, and it definitely isn't supposed to get the best mileage while towing. Its the fact it gives you the flexibility to CHOOSE what is best for you at any given time. My '03 2500 Hemi could pull stumps out of the ground, scream at the stoplights, and carry a check of a load, but it got 15 mpg empty going uphill or downhill a mountain pass....nothing I did helped.

When I started down Bozeman pass toward Billings at 78 mph I average 42 mpg and never went below 35 mpg till well past Livingston. Over time over the quite hilly/mountainous terrain on her maiden voyage it dropped to 21.5 with a fairly brisk side wind. I have a 4X4 supercab 8' box 3.73.

The seats are great. The Sync is incredible and I need to read more. My speakers are okay but I already have some three way Pioneers on the way.

I got the vinyl floor and it looks real nice.

Fit and finish is phenomenal.

I wanted the backup camera but the dealer and I forgot to order it....not a real big deal to me...but the backup sensor is real nice and notices things that are close to the side corner of your pickup as well.

I put on the Ford fitted mudflaps and they are straight and great.

The box Sidesteps are real nice...and neccessary. I think the tailgate step should be the invention of the year for any guy over 40.

I have to say I am thrilled with the color of the gauges (blue needles) and the info center is just outstanding.

This baby listed out at 37,500 and I got the 3,500 off deal. I think 34K for this vehicle is a complete steel. I don't like leather, and I can't stand the wood trim, so I just don't know what else I could think of to want.

The All terrain Tires are at least D if not E rated (payload on this rig is 3050lbs.) and are very smooth, very quiet, and of course as I type this I can't remember exactly what they are:(

Any more questions?

Also got the Autostart and it has great range.

Now you've got me really stoked to receive my new truck! I'm currently driving a 2000 Silverado, also with extended cab and an 8' box, so I'm used to the length of the truck. When I decided to retire the Silverado, I immediately locked onto the Ecoboost as the motor I has to have. I agree with you that it's really the best all around motor available today. Once that decision was made, it was just a matter of finding an F150 that had the other options I needed. I wasn't willing to give up the extended cab or the 8' box, so special ordering was the only way I could go. My dealer searched the entire country and there wasn't one of these on a lot anywhere. I also discovered that the highest trim level offering the 8' box was the XLT. I wish Ford offered higher options, but I guess it comes down to supply and demand.

So my new ride will have the max tow and max payload packages, Blue Flame Metalic, Buckets with console, tailgate step, power slider and running boards. I'm going to have a LineX liner sprayed and have it Ziebarted as soon as it arrives. As I mentioned in another post, I'd really like to find a way to replace the stock tow mirrors with power fold models. With those Dumbo mirrors it's going to be tough to get it into my garage.

Anyway, enjoy your new ride, as I'm sure I will when mine arrives.