BREMBOS and a flat tire

retiredf5

With BREMBOS you get no spare tire or jack and just an inflator kit.

I've just ordered a 2012 GT with BREMBOS and was wondering if anybody has experienced a flat or near flat tire and had to use the kit??

If you have used the inflator kit:

* Did it get the job done?

* What had to be done to the tire at the shop to remove the sealer?

* Did the sealer effect to Tire Pressure Monitior?

* Did you have to replace the entire inflator kit or just the sealer?

* What did it cost to replace the kit or sealer?

Thanks

With BREMBOS you get no spare tire or jack and just an inflator kit.

I've just ordered a 2012 GT with BREMBOS and was wondering if anybody has experienced a flat or near flat tire and had to use the kit??

If you have used the inflator kit:

* Did it get the job done?

* What had to be done to the tire at the shop to remove the sealer?

* Did the sealer effect to Tire Pressure Monitior?

* Did you have to replace the entire inflator kit or just the sealer?

* What did it cost to replace the kit or sealer?

Thanks

I think "getting the job done" depends how big of hole you need to close. Obviously a large slit will hole will overcome the goop. I would imagine the tire would need to be dismounted to clean out the goop. Probably best to take the tire off anyway and have the hole patched rather then using a plug. Yes, the TPM sensor will be toast and will need to be replaced. I believe just the goop needs to be replaced after use. Not sure what the replacement cost is. I think someone on The Mustang Source forum had to us it and I think they listed a cost for replacing the sealer.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen other people go out and get a used 18in 07 gt500 wheel and tire they find online and put that in the trunk so if you ever get a flat you can use that instead. It fits in the well pretty good and you cant even tell with the trunk mat over top of it.

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen other people go out and get a used 18in 07 gt500 wheel and tire they find online and put that in the trunk so if you ever get a flat you can use that instead. It fits in the well pretty good and you cant even tell with the trunk mat over top of it.

I'm not thrilled about the kit but I orderd the Brembo package on my car. I plan on finding a normal spare. If I get a flat in the rear, I will just replace that tire since the rear brakes are smaller. If I get a flat in the front, I will move a rear tire forward and put the spare on the rear. More work with a front flat, but I will feel better.

Remember that the caliper on the Brembo package is bigger than the normal ones, so you need to make sure that your rim will clear them before you buy it as a spare. There's some close up shots floating around the web and I can tell you from those there isn't much clearance at all between the rim and caliper.

• 1 month later...

Remember that the caliper on the Brembo package is bigger than the normal ones, so you need to make sure that your rim will clear them before you buy it as a spare. There's some close up shots floating around the web and I can tell you from those there isn't much clearance at all between the rim and caliper.

If any one finds a specific wheel that will fit in the wheel well and on the rear please post back!

I had missed the fact that that the Mustang's with the Brembo package have no spare tire.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If any one finds a specific wheel that will fit in the wheel well and on the rear please post back!

I had missed the fact that that the Mustang's with the Brembo package have no spare tire.

Thanks!

According to TireRack.com these will fit the GT's with the Brembo package.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+GT+Coupe&autoYear=2012&autoModClar=Brembo+Brakes

Thanks, but we are talking about wheels that fit in the wheel well where the spare went. It is easy enough to find regular sized wheels that will fit the Brembos .

From the various forums that I have seen this discussed, a stock (19") wheel and tire will sit up about 1.5" to 2" out of the wheel well in the trunk. It also requires you to deflate about 10psi out of it to fit.

Can you only order the stock Brembo wheels from the dealer?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't carry a spare in my mustang that's what the auto club is for.

I find it interesting that they give you a can of fix a flat, my 2011 F150 manual states that fix a flat will ruin the TPS sensor in the wheel.

I wonder if they use a special type of chemicals in the Ford type.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep tar plugs & required hardware in my vehicles to deal with flat tires. I have had a tire slashed once, but have picked up plenty of nails, screws and even a drill bit, every time a tar plug fixes the hole and I've never had to worry about it again. Most of the time if a nail or screw is picked up by a tire it'll hold air long enough to get you home.

Edited by meyeste