C-max hybrid

Escape Hybrid

new Edge

Fusion hybrid

Edge hybrid

Am i missing something?

Transit?

Lincoln...anything...??

You forgot the all new Escape ( not just the Hybrid version ) for the 2013 MODEL YEAR. I really think "Auto-Dom" needs to stop using calendar years in discussions. MODEL YEAR is all that really counts. It is much easier to discuss cars this way.

For the 2013 model year ( 2012 calendar year ) will also see the new MKZ and possibly the Lincoln small crossover ( MKG? ). The MKX should follow Edge's cycle. And the MKS should happen at the same time or precede by one model year, improvements/redesigns of the Taurus.

For the 2014 model year ( 2013 calendar year ) we should see a new Mustang and possibly a new F-150...though they may wait a year or two for a new truck....trucks are going to return to a longer than normal redesign schedule ).

I also expect to see the Lincoln compact sedan either for the 2013 or 2014 model years.

Looking good. I'm going on a limb and assume the Fiesta MCE will come out MY 2012 for the ROW and in NA MY 2013. The reason is Fiesta was just introduced CY 2010 in NA and it's been around since CY 2009 in ROE. Then again, I'd like to see the strategy of 'One Ford' around the world launches even for MCE.

My question is when is the 2.0L EcoBoost getting launched in Edge and Explorer?

Looking good. I'm going on a limb and assume the Fiesta MCE will come out MY 2012 for the ROW and in NA MY 2013. The reason is Fiesta was just introduced CY 2010 in NA and it's been around since CY 2009 in ROE. Then again, I'd like to see the strategy of 'One Ford' around the world launches even for MCE.

My question is when is the 2.0L EcoBoost getting launched in Edge and Explorer?

I wouldn't be surprised to see our Fiesta MCE correspond with the ROW MCE to as you said get it on the "One Ford" train. Honda did it with the Fit/Jazz (though thinking about it now, I guess that was an all-new model).

...For the 2014 model year ( 2013 calendar year ) we should see a new Mustang...

but the anniversary will be in 2014cy (2014½my as they used to say)

...I also expect to see the Lincoln compact sedan either for the 2013 or 2014 model years.

I'm hoping real hard for next year (13my)

You forgot the all new Escape ( not just the Hybrid version ) for the 2013 MODEL YEAR. I really think "Auto-Dom" needs to stop using calendar years in discussions. MODEL YEAR is all that really counts. It is much easier to discuss cars this way.

For the 2013 model year ( 2012 calendar year ) will also see the new MKZ and possibly the Lincoln small crossover ( MKG? ). The MKX should follow Edge's cycle. And the MKS should happen at the same time or precede by one model year, improvements/redesigns of the Taurus.

For the 2014 model year ( 2013 calendar year ) we should see a new Mustang and possibly a new F-150...though they may wait a year or two for a new truck....trucks are going to return to a longer than normal redesign schedule ).

I also expect to see the Lincoln compact sedan either for the 2013 or 2014 model years.

the issue is MY can last 6 months or 18 months.

Like the 2012 focus MY will last from march 2011 to august 2012.

CYs are only 12 months.

CYs are neat, MYs are messy.

how much complexity can MAP handle

of the 12-14 launches in the next 2 years 5-7 will be from one plant MAP.

one platform but

focus electric

focus ST

C-max5 energi

C-max5 hybrid

Focus Sedan and hatch

the 2012 focus is coming in 10 different colors, 7 different trim levels, 11 different wheel types, 4 different wheel sizes and tons of other variances in the cars them selves.

the 2012 focus itself is an order of magnitude more complex than the 2011 focus, how is it going to work adding 4 more variants and eventually a Lincoln to the same plant?

is it possible to move some production to Mexico with the fiesta? will we be importing and exporting cars to europe?

could this be an issue?

Am I too paranoid??

Model Years are MUCH simpler than calendar years. I have heard people telling me that they own a 2005 Fusion....which does not exist. Or worse, I have seen classified ads saying that they are selling a 1999 Taurus...which is actually a 2000 model. People confuse calendar year and model year. What makes model year superior to calendar year is that in the confusion....people can be talking about two different generations of vehicles when they use calendar year, yet when using model year...there can be no confusion.

"how much complexity can MAP handle

of the 12-14 launches in the next 2 years 5-7 will be from one plant MAP.

one platform but

focus electric

focus ST

C-max5 energi

C-max5 hybrid

Focus Sedan and hatch"

I understand your worry...but the Focus Electric, Focus ST, and Focus Sedan and Hatch are basically the same vehicle ( same sheetmetal, interior, etc ) if you discard the powertrains....so only the C-Max5 variants are a new bodystyle....

Model Years are MUCH simpler than calendar years. I have heard people telling me that they own a 2005 Fusion....which does not exist. Or worse, I have seen classified ads saying that they are selling a 1999 Taurus...which is actually a 2000 model. People confuse calendar year and model year. What makes model year superior to calendar year is that in the confusion....people can be talking about two different generations of vehicles when they use calendar year, yet when using model year...there can be no confusion.

Agree!!!!!!

Sellers who don't know much about cars, [big surprise]. will list model year from car's date of manufacture sticker. But that is not model year at all. One can have a year 2005 Chrysler 300 built in spring 04,

Edited by 630land

I wouldn't be surprised to see our Fiesta MCE correspond with the ROW MCE to as you said get it on the "One Ford" train. Honda did it with the Fit/Jazz (though thinking about it now, I guess that was an all-new model).

Think of the US version as an early preview for the ROW MCE...

6 speed DCT on 1.6 liter gas engine (replacing ancient CD4E in 1.4 liter gas engine, and new auto option for 1.6 liter gas engine)

2 more airbags (improving side impact safety)

LCD driving lights (cosmetic changes)

SYNC or SYNC-like interface (no available currently)

4 door body type added to Eastern Europe/Russia/south Africa/India (already in US/China)

Official introduction in South America/timed with EcoSport intro (they are still selling the previous generation Fiesta now)

MY do not tell you when a product will launch, which is what We have been talking about. the timing of new product launches.

Think of the US version as an early preview for the ROW MCE...

6 speed DCT on 1.6 liter gas engine (replacing ancient CD4E in 1.4 liter gas engine, and new auto option for 1.6 liter gas engine)

2 more airbags (improving side impact safety)

LCD driving lights (cosmetic changes)

SYNC or SYNC-like interface (no available currently)

4 door body type added to Eastern Europe/Russia/south Africa/India (already in US/China)

Official introduction in South America/timed with EcoSport intro (they are still selling the previous generation Fiesta now)

I think it will be combination of the B-max and the US Fiesta upgrades, packaged in the MCE.

Edited by Biker16

News reports recently about an Escape spy photo said CY2012/MY2013 for launch. Not CY2011. Since the "old" one is still selling well, why not wait/ This way they get all the bugs out of new one.

It will happen when it happens. KCAP has to be taken down by a certain date, in order for it reopen on time for its new product

Story in Automotive News is about Ford dealers starving for product. One dealer said they only has 2 base Focus S cars, so buyers went with Corolla. It's due to the model changeover, they are short Focuses.

I would think they'd keep the old Escape online until new one is fully ready.

But regarding shortages, what should Ford do? Maybe re-open Wixom?

Wixom is now an alternative energy park.

The only plant that could help out with any type of shortages is AAI. It's flexible and could start running new product in a short amount of time.

Story in Automotive News is about Ford dealers starving for product. One dealer said they only has 2 base Focus S cars, so buyers went with Corolla. It's due to the model changeover, they are short Focuses.

I would think they'd keep the old Escape online until new one is fully ready.

agree on the shortages at dealers. the one i work at can't get much of anything and we sell more then anyone in our region. we can't get explorers, edges, flexes, or (upper level)f150's in more then twice a month.

agree on the shortages at dealers. the one i work at can't get much of anything and we sell more then anyone in our region. we can't get explorers, edges, flexes, or (upper level)f150's in more then twice a month.

short term there is nothing that can be done. lead times are too long. and the plan has already been made.

Ford is growing by increasing the variety of models they carry, not simply making more of every model. This should keep incentives down, and profits up.