Ford Bold Moves Documentary

If Ford is really looking at this stuff the way the video portrays it, then I have confidence they are fully aware of the situation. Now they just need to deliver, and there is no excuses that will fit if they do not. I think the easy route now is to just let Ford run itself into the ground and then blame the Japanese. The hard thing to do is to pick themselves off the mat, wipe the blood from their eyes, and come back with a renewed fighting spirit that has been gone for so long.

This is Ford motor company, in Detroit for goodness sakes, show us you have some fortitude and start delivering the results you know you need. Lets start leading the automotive world rather then catching up to it, lets have some pride in our country again. I seriously think that one major comeback, such as Ford turning its business around, could have a HUGE, dramatic, and positive effect on the rest of the country. That's something we really need right now.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

What do you think about this documentary?

I hope Mark Fields is real and not just talk!! I like the way he handles himself!!

Be accountable. Ford isn't perfect, they will have failures, but IMO, it's how they handle them..

The dirt diggers will find the cover ups, so be up front, show accountability and demonstrate that they

learned from the mistakes.

Being the first to market isn't necessarily the best thing...Some times being first turns into being last...

How's that go,, He who laughs first.....

I'll start getting excited when hydraulic hybrid pickups and hurricane V8's are on the lot.

I've been yapping for quite a while about what might happen if they reskinned the ranger as a 56 f100(followed a year later as a 4 place 'paneltruck' to mop up any ptcruiser sales, and the CV as a late 60's xl fastback or early 70's fastback torino...seems a time proven full frame (with no tooling cost) would be a bargain way to build some more Fords with mustang like appeal. The lines are there, 'overdue for restyling' is an understatement, and these are great american built vehicles- get rid of the blah looking skin and see what happens. If they build a sexy fullsized fastback with rwd/V8/fullframe I'll be in line for one. if they build a hot looking 'classic F100 inspired' pickup, I'll be looking for one of those too. Might not even need the car/truck, but if it looks good it will sell. Building vehicles folks can get passionate about is where the us auto industry has faltered since the very early 70's...ever since the oil/emissions crunch cars became 'utility' items, and the cheapest one with the most features won- often an import due to costs of operating US gas guzzlers...then they all seemed to forget about the passion that used to be associated with cars- well as the R/T concept, GT(40), Mustang,Challenger,Camaro evolved, they are finally starting to take notice that the passion is still out there, and maybe too little/too late they are starting to wake up and go after that market thats been starving for 30 years.

I just pray they dont start importing thailand rangers and kill the CV to keep the door open for 500 only sales...500/fusion/others- yeah theyre good cars, but I think its a very safe bet that universally folks would give them a big ZERO as to be a classic someday. commodity cars are gonna be cheaper built offshore, without looks AND performance American cars are facing too much competition. Look at the GTO- great car, but the styling just didnt appeal to folks, and its dead already...It coulda ate into mustang sales, but didnt have the 'look' folks want to see in a american musclecar. Good for Ford/bad for GM- hope they both learn from it...they can build cars people want more than need, and if they build enough 'cool' looking cars, a LOT of folks will want to keep up with the Jones' and get rid of that string of bland commodity cars thats theyve been stuck with for the last 20-30 years...

Everything built in 69 was a looker. the 56 F100 is a classic Ford if there ever was one. If they get back to their best designs for ideas and refine them (as mustang was) they will get a windfall(as Mustang has proven). God help us if the Asians ever figure out Americans still like classic lines on cars...had they built the Mustang with a different name it woulda been the end- and we all know they could probably have done it-except for the lack of understanding the sellability of a healthy sounding V8, and 'classic' lines.

bring back the sexy cars- quit chasing the bubble...the 500/fusion are here as import cometition, now go back after American desire. Offer us a fastback on the panther, offer us a cool little F100- in the meantime keep pumping out fusions/500's for those that just need 'a good car'. Lots of 'good cars' out there today- but few 'cool' cars.

• 3 weeks later...

<< Look at the GTO- great car, but the styling just didnt appeal to folks, and its dead already...It coulda ate into mustang sales, but didnt have the 'look' folks want to see in a american musclecar. >>

I'd say the biggest issue with the GTO was the price. $30k for a coupe? Huh?

If the GTO sold for $20k, people would be mopping them up. I know I'd have gone for one, because the "old" Pontiac styling is better than the "new" Pontiac styling. In other words, that GTO looks sweet, but it's too pricey.