What should be Lincoln performance designation

With Ford reviving the lincoln, there will no doubt be ideas of making performance hotrod versions of Lincoln cars to compete with the V-series from Caddi, SRT from Chrysler, M from BMW, AMG from Mercedes..

Does Lincoln have any historical legacy in naming performance cars (did they ever have any performance car?)

I was thinking that they could revive some old name that symbolizes perfoemance and name the performance series after tha (but I am not versed enough with Lincoln past)...

What do you think would work?

Igor

With Ford reviving the Lincoln, there will no doubt be ideas of making performance hot rod versions of Lincoln cars to compete with the V-series from Caddy, SRT from Chrysler, M from BMW, AMG from Mercedes..

Does Lincoln have any historical legacy in naming performance cars (did they ever have any performance car?)

I was thinking that they could revive some old name that symbolizes performance and name the performance series after tha (but I am not versed enough with Lincoln past)...

What do you think would work?

Igor

How about simply adding an "R" like Volvo & Jaguar? How about MKXR, MKZR, MKZ Type-R or MKX Type-R or something like that?

they could just create the HR series Lincolns... the original Hot Rod Lincoln's.. they already have the song for it and everything... would work great in advertising.... :doh:

Hmmm... A Lincoln MKS HR Series

And have the "HR SERIES" in a red letters in a chrome block below the MKS. That would be cool.

Back when it was thought that SVT was axed, I began to like the idea of using the Australian "FPV" on Performance models from Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury.

I like the FPV marketing system. The Aussie Ford website actually makes an attempt to build excitment about their products. The US Ford site only shows excitment for what's not available yet.

In the early 50's Lincolns won their class in the Panamericana, aka the Mexican Road Race.

http://www.lincolnpartsinternational.com/rare.htm

1954mex.jpg

1954 Mexican Road Race Lincoln replica. Owner/Creator Roger Clements built this replica patterned after the original car driven by Walt Faulkner and co-pilot Frank Hainley during the early 50's in the Mexican Road Races.