2012 Focus Pricing

transitman

I chummed the water yesterday by sending out Internet requests. Man the sharks struck fast! One fellow gave me a price of $22,423.00 for an Ingot Silver/Charcoal Black, SEL, hatchback, 303A package. That's $1757.00 off MSRP and based on KBB and NADA info, under invoice. I made an appointment to see him this coming Saturday. Sometimes I'm not all that smart, but that seems like a pretty good price to me. I may pull the trigger sooner than I thought.

Edited by transitman

I chummed the water yesterday by sending out Internet requests. Man the sharks struck fast! One fellow gave me a price of $22,423.00 for an Ingot Silver/Charcoal Black, SEL, hatchback, 303A package. That's $1757.00 off MSRP and based on KBB and NADA info, under invoice. I made an appointment to see him this coming Saturday. Sometimes I'm not all that smart, but that seems like a pretty good price to me. I may pull the trigger sooner than I thought.

Not bad at all . . .

I called my sales-guy about a week ago and asked for the Z-Plan pricing for 5-Door, Titanium, 401a, Handling package and Winter package . . . . very pleased! Going to wait until summer/early fall to order. As long as I like the darn car in person, but . . . I don't think I will be disappointed!

Well, I guess if it sounds too good to be true... (see above)

I visited four dealerships today and the best bottom line offer with dealer discounts and an expected $500 rebate was $1575 under MSRP or $23,050 for an SEL, 5 door, 303A with remote start, MSRP is $24625. Two offered me $16500 and two offered $16000 for my 2010 Fusion SEL, Moon and Tune, remote start with an estimated mileage of 22,500 at delivery. My minimum number was $17100, all basically said no way.

One is offering to sell me the car at invoice but with a lower trade-in. Even at invoice, after all the numbers are crunched, my final loan amount would be $111 more than the best deal.

Any thoughts?

Edited by transitman

Why not try to get the Titanium Hatch with 401A pkg, and remote start for the same or very close. That it would make up for the $16500 they want to trade your Fusion in for. I saved $2300 with the rebate, but am in Canada...where the MSRP is already 2k higher than the US.

I visited four dealerships today and the best bottom line offer with dealer discounts and an expected $500 rebate was $1575 under MSRP or $23,050 for an SEL, 5 door, 303A with remote start, MSRP is $24625. Two offered me $16500 and two offered $16000 for my 2010 Fusion SEL, Moon and Tune, remote start with an estimated mileage of 22,500 at delivery. My minimum number was $17100, all basically said no way.

One is offering to sell me the car at invoice but with a lower trade-in. Even at invoice, after all the numbers are crunched, my final loan amount would be $111 more than the best deal.

Any thoughts?

Not sure about the prices of the new car as I get employee pricing, but your trade in you are pretty close at 17K. I think they are probably a little low on the trade in offer. You can always try to sell it yourself, but then you have to add in the tax difference between selling yourself or trade-in.

Not sure about the prices of the new car as I get employee pricing, but your trade in you are pretty close at 17K. I think they are probably a little low on the trade in offer. You can always try to sell it yourself, but then you have to add in the tax difference between selling yourself or trade-in.

I sent out e-mails this morning with counter offers and the caveat that the first to respond will get my business. About one minute later I got a response. My final deal was $23,165 which is $1460 off MSRP. My final price was only $3.00 more than the dealership that offered to sell at invoice. According to the fellow that offered the car at invoice, the price I got is less than the X-Plan price. I don't want the headaches of trying to sell it myself, also with only one car, the timing has to be perfect to sell when the new car arrives. All the dealers gave me a trade value between $16000 and $16500, but none of them would firmly commit to the price because of "market fluctuations", so I put in my counter offer that I needed a locked in trade-in value. I ended up getting $16,250 in trade which less than I wanted but more than the winner originally offered and over $2000 more than I owe. I'm pleased with the deal and the order goes in on Tuesday.

For the record I purchased a

Ingot Silver SEL, Hatchback

Charcoal Black Interior

303A Package

Remote Starter

Edited by transitman
  • Like 1

Why not try to get the Titanium Hatch with 401A pkg, and remote start for the same or very close. That it would make up for the $16500 they want to trade your Fusion in for. I saved $2300 with the rebate, but am in Canada...where the MSRP is already 2k higher than the US.

Because the SEL with options is $605 less minus push button start and sport tuned suspension. I priced the Titanium and my comfort zone as far as the loan was with the SEL.

I've been using a key to start cars since 1972, I'm getting pretty good at it and my driving style doesn't require a sport tuned suspension. I'm good with it and already can't wait for it to arrive.

Edited by transitman

I sent out e-mails this morning with counter offers and the caveat that the first to respond will get my business. About one minute later I got a response. My final deal was $22,665 which is $1960 off MSRP or a 7.96% discount. My final price was only $4.00 more than the dealership that offered to sell at invoice. According to the fellow that offered the car at invoice, the price I got is less than the X-Plan price. I don't want the headaches of trying to sell it myself, also with only one car, the timing has to be perfect to sell when the new car arrives. All the dealers gave me a trade value between $16000 and $16500, but none of them would firmly commit to the price because of "market fluctuations", so I put in my counter offer that I needed a locked in trade-in value. I ended up getting $16,250 in trade which less than I wanted but more than the winner originally offered and over $2000 more than I owe. I'm pleased with the deal and the order goes in on Tuesday.

Charcoal Black Interior

303A Package

Remote Starter

Congrats! I ordered back in November so it's been a long winter. I love my current Fusion but there is even more to love about the new Focus!

I sent out e-mails this morning with counter offers and the caveat that the first to respond will get my business. About one minute later I got a response. My final deal was $22,665 which is $1960 off MSRP or a 7.96% discount. My final price was only $4.00 more than the dealership that offered to sell at invoice. According to the fellow that offered the car at invoice, the price I got is less than the X-Plan price. I don't want the headaches of trying to sell it myself, also with only one car, the timing has to be perfect to sell when the new car arrives. All the dealers gave me a trade value between $16000 and $16500, but none of them would firmly commit to the price because of "market fluctuations", so I put in my counter offer that I needed a locked in trade-in value. I ended up getting $16,250 in trade which less than I wanted but more than the winner originally offered and over $2000 more than I owe. I'm pleased with the deal and the order goes in on Tuesday.

Charcoal Black Interior

303A Package

Remote Starter

A tricked out SEL hatch, sounds nice, any pics yet ?

A tricked out SEL hatch, sounds nice, any pics yet ?

I've been looking for a pic of a silver hatch to change my avatar, all I can find is red hatchbacks. Lots of pics of silver sedans out there. I'll update my avatar and post pics when it's delivered in 8 to 12 weeks.

Congrats on the deal!! Happy that it is working out for you.

Try the following photo for now. Most of the silver foci seem to be the sedan.

http://www.autorival...vs2010civic.htm

Nice, thanks. I'll use the straight on front end shot

That will do just fine until I can take a pic of mine, thanks DEREKC.

Edited by transitman

Any thoughts?

You guys are so lucky, the price here in Canada is unbelievable, couple grands higher easily. :angry2: .

Quote Joyride: You guys are so lucky, the price here in Canada is unbelievable, couple grands higher easily.

I managed to save $2300 off of my 2012 Focus Titanium here in Ottawa, so at least the price that I am paying is the US MSRP. Though I do think Ford Canada could do more, especially for those that pre-ordered the car.

Btw, if you want an extreme example of the price difference between the US and Canada, the Mazda 3Speed is 10k less in the US.

What makes them so much more expensive, is it the tax? If you're close enough, why not cross into Upstate NY, Michigan or another northern state to purchase?

Tax is only part of the equation.

A lot of this has to do with how Ford of Canada (and other automakers) set their Canadian prices. For a lot of vehicles (Fords, BMWs, Infinitis, Nissans, Toyotas, etc.), the Canadian vehicle is often priced higher than the US equivalent. At first, most consumers didn't think much of it - mainly because of the exchange rate. Now that the Canadian dollar is trading above the US dollar ($1 CDN ~ $0.98 USD or so), more Canadians are wondering why we're paying more.

As for going across the border to buy a car, it's not that easy. Some have residency requirements (i.e., you have to have some sort of physical address in that state). Then some automakers are making it hard, like not covering a warranty repair and/or making you have to pay first before chasing the US arm for reimbursment. Then, there are all the taxes you still pay after importing it back into Canada, as well as making sure it's driveable in Canada i.e. adding DRLs and metric gauges. I know some friends who did it, and saved a lot. They looked into every aspect of it, including having to chase around for warranty issues, but were willing to live with that choice.

http://www.wheels.ca/consumer%20news/article/785640

Edited by GapBoyPCS

I suppose we have to pay for the corporate administration of Ford Canada. Business wise I would minimize the Ford Canada administration and only have one North American website to save money, and then offer the public better pricing. My Focus is being built just across the border, yet it will cost $2000+ more....for no good reason! This is the only thing that bothers me about buying the car, and for this reason I hope that the Ford Canada president/CEO does not receive any bonus. And since I got this off my chest, I would also say that Ford Canada needs to get out of the comfortable office in order to improve the dealerships, and to make them more consistent across the board!

I've been looking for a pic of a silver hatch to change my avatar, all I can find is red hatchbacks. Lots of pics of silver sedans out there. I'll update my avatar and post pics when it's delivered in 8 to 12 weeks.

Not a bad pic,

m1fyt72bg5j4_600.jpg

Sorry it is Euro spec, but looks close enough

Edited by MKII

Transitman,

Congrats on ordering a new Focus. I have an '07 Fusion that I am considering trading for a '12 Focus too. Your purchase price seems really good, may try the same approach. Keep us posted as to when it arrives.

Eric

Thanks Eric, I can't wait until it arrives. I will proudly post pics then.