new Bronco suggestion

tenracing

Something that will compete with the Jeep, Wrangler, that can be set up for rock crawling.

Not wider than a jeep, so it will fit on jeep trails...

I agree with that... something a lot like the original was. Small, economical(ish), and with go anywhere toughness... The new wranglers are huge.... my dad just bought one and it reminds me of grandparents old big broncos with all the cargo area cut off. Perhaps a new Bronco should be smaller, about the size of the TJ Wranglers.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree 100% on bringing back the Bronco, mid-size form (maybe slightly smaller), not full-size.

But if you listen to the lemmings on the site, 99% of people wouldn't buy it or use it properly, and wouldn't be profitable for Ford.

So I'm sure we'll never see a Ford manufactured Bronco anytime soon, especially since they won't bring the T6 Ranger to the states.

But if you listen to the lemmings really smart people who understand business cases on the site, 99% of people wouldn't buy it or use it properly, and wouldn't be profitable for Ford.

Fixed it for ya.

But seriously - what platform would they use and where would it be built and how many could they sell annually?

• 1 month later...

Go ask Jeep. If Chrysler can do it, Ford can do better.

Exactly.

The aftermarket is making new 1966-77 Bronco tubs with authorization from Ford. You can literally build a new 1966-77 Bronco.

So, there is obviously a market, and a demand. My fear is that if Ford were to green light such a vehicle, it would be for a limited time, and a lot like the current Toyota FJ... not at all like the original, to be direct competition to the Jeep Wrangler.

I think that Toyota got it all wrong with the current FJ. It sould have been like the original. I'm obviously wrong with this observation as they sell quite well.