$750 rebate available to everyone

Well I just returned from the dealer and placed the order for the 2011 FWD Explorer in Bordeaux Reserve Red, black interior with the 202A Rapid Spec.

I did learn that I could not combine the Explorer Owner Loyalty program cash ($750 for lease) with the RCL ($1000). There was also a question on whether the $750 Brochure coupon was going to be valid as it is not a factory incentive and is dated (expires 3/06/11). They did take a copy of the coupon and were going to look into it. The finance guy did say that the two incentives I did get were locked in and if additional incentives or a better incentive came out in 90 days that I was able to also get those.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. I know that new incentives come out each month. I think the quarter also ends on 4/4/11.

If the coupon expires 3/6 then you're SOL since you won't have the vehicle by then.

Which incentives did they say you were locked into? Unless it's a special ordering incentive they can't do that - you get whatever incentives are in place at the time of delivery (in the U.S. - Canada is different).

Well I just returned from the dealer and placed the order for the 2011 FWD Explorer in Bordeaux Reserve Red, black interior with the 202A Rapid Spec.

I did learn that I could not combine the Explorer Owner Loyalty program cash ($750 for lease) with the RCL ($1000). There was also a question on whether the $750 Brochure coupon was going to be valid as it is not a factory incentive and is dated (expires 3/06/11). They did take a copy of the coupon and were going to look into it. The finance guy did say that the two incentives I did get were locked in and if additional incentives or a better incentive came out in 90 days that I was able to also get those.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. I know that new incentives come out each month. I think the quarter also ends on 4/4/11.

As akirby stated, a dealer can't lock in rebates.. you can only use a rebate if it's still a current promotion at time of delivery. The only rebate was the early order rebate that is locked in once you order prior to the deadline. As I stated before, the brochure coupon is good for 60 days from time of ordering via ford.com. If you have a wife, have her order another brochure 1 month after you placed your order and they will send another in her name good for 60 days.

Being that your dealer told you that your rebates are locked in already concerns me.. No honest dealer would ever tell a customer this.

Being that your dealer told you that your rebates are locked in already concerns me.. No honest dealer would ever tell a customer this.

Unless the dealer is offering to personally guarantee the amount of the rebates - which would be rare considering the amount of the rebate could be more than the projected dealer profit on the entire sale. OTOH it's usually a safe gamble that the incentives won't go down.

But if they're saying that Ford will lock them in then that's a flat out lie.

Unless the dealer is offering to personally guarantee the amount of the rebates - which would be rare considering the amount of the rebate could be more than the projected dealer profit on the entire sale. OTOH it's usually a safe gamble that the incentives won't go down.

But if they're saying that Ford will lock them in then that's a flat out lie.

Not sure why a dealer would guarantee it. Only thing that makes sense is because the $1,000 will stay the same or go up and the $750 runs till jan of 2012. Still a risky and unprofessional thing to do.

If the coupon expires 3/6 then you're SOL since you won't have the vehicle by then.

Which incentives did they say you were locked into? Unless it's a special ordering incentive they can't do that - you get whatever incentives are in place at the time of delivery (in the U.S. - Canada is different).

The RCL ($1000) is the one that's quote "Locked In" stated the financial guy. Now that you guys brought that up I re-read the Bonus Cash insert in the My Ford magazine that I receive in the mail and it is dated till 4/4/11.He did show me that both of the incentives were already listed in VINCENT under my name. I also inquired about the X-Plan Partner Certificate #33470 and X-Plan Partner Recognition Plus Direct Offer #33462. I was told that a certificate would have to been issued to me as he would need to enter the certificate number into VINCENT.

The RCL ($1000) is the one that's quote "Locked In" stated the financial guy. Now that you guys brought that up I re-read the Bonus Cash insert in the My Ford magazine that I receive in the mail and it is dated till 4/4/11.He did show me that both of the incentives were already listed in VINCENT under my name. I also inquired about the X-Plan Partner Certificate #33470 and X-Plan Partner Recognition Plus Direct Offer #33462. I was told that a certificate would have to been issued to me as he would need to enter the certificate number into VINCENT.

And does anyone know what the process is to get issued the eCertifcate?

If it's X plan partner then you'd have to get your PIN from the fordpartner.com website.

I am on fordpartner.com and do not see anything for getting eCert for program 33470. Home page shows, "As a XXXX employee, you are eligible to participate in the Partner Recognition X-Plan Vehicle Pricing Program!", etc. I have generated a pin for X-plan and assume it is a partner pin, versus friends & family pin as mentioned in some earlier posts. Assuming this given above quote from page and company is listed in partner company list. Also saw the following on a Ford dealership website:

Program Title: Ford 2011 X-Plan Partner eCertificate #33470 - National

Program Type: Bonus Cash

Bonus Cash: Customer/consumer bonus cash. Can be used with other incentives. This is not always available with leasing. Effectively reduces price of vehicle.

Rebate Cash To Customer: $500.00

Comments: Ford Division is announcing Select X-Plan Partner eCertificate effective Jan 4, 2011

Eligibility: X-Plan

End Date: 2011-04-04

I am missing something or perhaps just not eligible.

In reading the small print conditions on many of the rebates, they always have the qualifier, "when purchased from dealer stock", or words to that effect. But it seems that the rebates are available to those placing custom orders too. Is this a case where the letter of the law is not enforced very often? Is an order also considered "dealer stock"?

Edited by lakeguy

In reading the small print conditions on many of the rebates, they was have the qualifier, "when purchased from dealer stock", or words to that effect. But it seems that the rebates are available to those placing custom orders too. Is this a case where the letter of the law is not enforced very often, and is an order also considered "dealer stock"?

My interpretation of this.. They put this in because it has to be purchased from the dealer's inventory. When you order a vehicle, you don't actually purchase it until it is in the dealer's possesion which makes it "dealer stock".

It protects them so you can't try to claim a rebate when the vehicle is not at the dealer yet. Essentially, rebate expires 4/4/11. You place an order and it doesn't come in till 4/10/11. So the vehicle was not part of dealer stock by the time it expired. Now if the rebate expires 4/30/11 and you get it on 4/10/11, then it is now part of dealer stock and you get the rebate.

Is this a case where the letter of the law is not enforced very often, and is an order also considered "dealer stock"?

No. It just means that you get the incentives that are in effect when you take delivery of the vehicle (from "dealer stock") as opposed to the ones that are in effect when you place an order.

My interpretation of this.. They put this in because it has to be purchased from the dealer's inventory. When you order a vehicle, you don't actually purchase it until it is in the dealer's possesion which makes it "dealer stock".

It protects them so you can't try to claim a rebate when the vehicle is not at the dealer yet. Essentially, rebate expires 4/4/11. You place an order and it doesn't come in till 4/10/11. So the vehicle was not part of dealer stock by the time it expired. Now if the rebate expires 4/30/11 and you get it on 4/10/11, then it is now part of dealer stock and you get the rebate.

Correct

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Ford does now offer incentive protection for custom orders. The dealer does have to note the current incentives at the time the order is placed and request protection. So, if you were told that your incentives are "locked in" when you placed your order, you will still get those incentives at the time of delivery even if the latest incentives have decreased. And, better yet, if there are better incentives available at the time of delivery, you can get those instead.

There is an incentive for the 2011 explorer for x-plan I assume. It is called the X-Plan partners ecertificate (#33470). It is a $500 incentive. Anybody have any info about eligibility and how to take advantage of this rebate??? It is a national rebate.

Did you ever hear anything on this?

Yes, Ford does now offer incentive protection for custom orders. The dealer does have to note the current incentives at the time the order is placed and request protection. So, if you were told that your incentives are "locked in" when you placed your order, you will still get those incentives at the time of delivery even if the latest incentives have decreased. And, better yet, if there are better incentives available at the time of delivery, you can get those instead.

When did this start?

When did this start?

Found the following on another forum, any idea if this is true?

"Incentive protection is a relatively new program through Ford that many dealers have not explored. Tell them to go to fmc dealer, online enrollment, incentive protection."

• 3 weeks later...

I was debating between the flex and explorer and going with the explorer. However, during following the flex forum for quite some time, there was a thread about requesting a flex brochure via ford.com and people were getting a $500 rebate that was inserted in the brochure. I figured, what the hell, I'll give it a shot with the explorer. So I requested a brochure (has to be via mail, not downloadable) and went into the dealer a few days later. Stated to him I requested one so I'm waiting to see if I'd get the rebate. Well he was able to pull my name in the system and low and behold, a $750 rebate was in the system available for me. Dealer doesn't need the brochure now or the rebate coupon because Ford already added it in the system.

So if anyone is looking to purchase one, I'd recommend them to order a brochure.

The special rebate is running till sometime in June (computer showed the expiration date.. 6/24 I think). Anyways, when you select the timeframe you are looking to purchase, select one longer then your actual period. I selected 0-30 days because I'm ordering any day now however because I chose 30 days, they put a 60 day exp on the rebate even though it runs till June. So I just had my wife request one for the 1-3 month period to make sure it gets delivered before it expires.

This can be used with Xplan..

Hope this helps.

Doesn't matter, order a brochure in about 3-4 weeks so it doesn't expire by the time you pick up your vehicle.

ordered a new one, do you think they will keep offering the new ones brochure coupons? my first request didnt - and i submitted a 2nd one that had it. has anyone figured out how to get one 100% of the time?