2012 Focus scheduled yet?

Anyone heard of any 2012 Focus' being scheduled yet? I preordered mine a month ago, and scheduling was to begin on December 9th but mine has not been scheduled yet. It's nice to see all the excitement with the media plant tours and preliminary builds, and it would also be great to see the retail cars begin scheduling. Also, I thought production was starting Jan 31, but the latest articles I have read have stated Jan 3rd. Any insight on these two things?

http://blog.truecar.com/2010/12/14/fords-michigan-assembly-plant-launches-2012-ford-focus/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ thought I saw something online yesterday that the official debut was the end of January

Are there any good pics of the blue candy metallic out there?

Ford had a BlueCandy SE+SportPkg at LAAS

I only saved one exterior pic cuz I was concentrating on the interior

but there must be a good number of them on the web

2ppzhw8.jpg

sorry I don't remember where I got this one

Edited by 2b2

production starts jan 3 on a limited basis. there only scheduled to build 330 cars for the whole month of jan. If those cars meet the build standards production will start ramping on through out feb. plant probaly won't be running up to full speed until the end of march.

A buddy of mine was scheduled to install some production equipment into MAP this month, but Ford told him that schedule has been changed to January since equipment hasn't come in yet. It will probably be a very slow ramp up. Quality is number one.

Thanks guys for the info. If anyone's order gets scheduled please post!

I probably wil be kicking myself for not ordering the Blue Candy, but I just couldn't take a chance without seeing it in person. Like the photos posted here, the color looks too light in certain lighting, but looks good in others.

I probably wil be kicking myself for not ordering the Blue Candy, but I just couldn't take a chance without seeing it in person. Like the photos posted here, the color looks too light in certain lighting, but looks good in others.

Very sharp color..I see it everyday at the plant. I would change my order if I were you or, wait untill the dealer gets a few. It is a nice color.

Did you order the Sonic Blue?

michigan-assembly_gy_6-11094.jpg

Minor quibbles....

- The LARGE black trapezoidal lower grill with the body-colored dividers doesn't do anything for me.

610x.jpg

- What's with the weird little quasi-oval body-colored panels that sit below the side "wings" of the taillights of the hatchback? It makes the design of the taillight and quarter panel look like an afterthought.

2012_ford_focus_22_cd_gallery.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Here is a stupid question, why does Ford keep alternating what side the fuel door is on? IIRC the old Focus had it on the drivers side, my Mustang has it there and the Escape does too...but apparently its on the passenger side of the new Focus. Why not keep it on the drivers side, since its more convenant to refuel the car that way?

Minor quibbles....

- The LARGE black trapezoidal lower grill with the body-colored dividers doesn't do anything for me.

610x.jpg

- What's with the weird little quasi-oval body-colored panels that sit below the side "wings" of the taillights of the hatchback? It makes the design of the taillight and quarter panel look like an afterthought.

2012_ford_focus_22_cd_gallery.jpg

-Ovaltine

IMO, the front grille of the new Focus is too oversized in comparison to the rest of the front end. And it will be a nightmare to keep clean as in trying to clean all those little slits. Not good design IMO. The rest of the Focus I like a lot though, especially the sedan over the hatch with Focus anyway. Only other flaw IMO is the lack of rear leg room. The oversized back lights of hatch don't bother me as much as oversized front end. All in all a good effort. No vehicle is perfect in everyway. I have to admit though..the form over function approach I find annoying. Same with GM with the massive A pillars that restrict outward vision big time. I'm not a fan. Designers need to tone down the form over function approach a bit.

Here is a stupid question, why does Ford keep alternating what side the fuel door is on? IIRC the old Focus had it on the drivers side, my Mustang has it there and the Escape does too...but apparently its on the passenger side of the new Focus. Why not keep it on the drivers side, since its more convenant to refuel the car that way?

Having it on the passenger side is a safety thing, as if you're out of gas on the side of the road you'll be able to refuel it without standing around in traffic. That's how I was told to explain it while selling Mazdas, anyway.

Minor quibbles....

610x.jpg

I think they were going for a look like the lower grill of the Iosis concept, but it just doesn't look as good as the separate chrome triangles do:

New-Ford-Capri-rumours-like-the-car-won-t-die-18882.jpg

Maybe they'll be able to do it right in a refresh.

The fuel filler door is on the passenger side of the 1st generation Focus(such as mine), not sure about the current ones. I prefer it on the passenger side, I don't have to pull past the pump as much, or farther away from it, in order to get out of the car.

The fuel filler door is on the passenger side of the 1st generation Focus(such as mine), not sure about the current ones. I prefer it on the passenger side, I don't have to pull past the pump as much, or farther away from it, in order to get out of the car.

I used to not care since I lived in a State where I didn't have to pump my gas, but I do now LOL

That is the fuel door.

Doh!!! Thanks MF!

Realizing that fact has made the concept go from lame to "pretty slick" in an instant! I should have guessed that, although I swear I saw a pic where it was on both sides. I wonder if someone did a horizontal flip of a pic, like is known to happen online sometimes!

Here's a pic showing the "clean design" driver's side.

2012_Ford_Focus_Hatchback-6.jpg

-Ovaltine

• 2 weeks later...

Well according to some articles today is the start of Job 1. I am assuming mostly pre-production cars or test cars for most of this month to work any manufacturing bugs out.

Any dealer stock (Deanh, ice-capades) or retail pre-orders have a schedule date yet?

I thought job 1 got pushed out to the end of the month?

That's what I thought too, but in the article I posted up top stated:

"Fords all-new global Ford Focus goes into full production on January 3. Focus production will begin with two shifts producing about 960 units per day"

Yes but read post #4. I'll take the factory worker's info over a blog.

Edited by akirby