Owner of a NEW 2011 MKS

nycplayboy78

Hey guys I am the proud new papa of a 2011 Lincoln MKS AWD =D

I would like to thank everyone who helped me in making an informed decision on getting this car. I was mulling this for 2 years and it was hard for me to trade in my 2001 Lincoln Continental ala The Conti :)

I have been reading about the new MyLincoln Touch technology and was wondering if it comes out could I upgrade my current Sync to the new MyLincoln Touch?

Thanks Everyone,

NYC

=D

post-37388-058272100 1287672730_thumb.jpg

Hey guys I am the proud new papa of a 2011 Lincoln MKS AWD =D

I would like to thank everyone who helped me in making an informed decision on getting this car. I was mulling this for 2 years and it was hard for me to trade in my 2001 Lincoln Continental ala The Conti :)

I have been reading about the new MyLincoln Touch technology and was wondering if it comes out could I upgrade my current Sync to the new MyLincoln Touch?

Thanks Everyone,

NYC

=D

Congratulations on your new vehicle, nycplayboy78! I wish you many enjoyable miles.

Regarding MyFord/MyLincoln Touch - the electrical and software architectures that support this technology is quite different from that used with previous generation infotainment systems in Ford vehicles. So it is just not practical to "upgrade" the unit in your 2011 MKS to the MyLincoln Touch system.

• 6 months later...

Congrats.

I been test-driving the MKS with ecoboost and have only one thing to say about it. I LOVE IT!

Love the exterior. Love the interior. Love the ride and performance. Not having the latest and greatest high tech stuff is fine with me. I can find the audio and climate controls quickly and they seldom break down. Been doing a lot of reading up on the brand new MyLincoln Touch at various forums. Sadly many are having problems with it. Surely ford will have software updates that eventually will fix all flaws, but i am ok without it.

Are you using premium or regular gas?

What actual milage are you getting so far?

Good Luck woth your new ride. We had been looking for a replacement for our Aviator and had thought the MKX was the way to go, After driving the MKX and the MKS back to we went with the MKS, Fully loaded Ecoboost Kona Blue with all the toys .

Have never been one to name cars, but this is the "blue ghost" seems right, beautiful dark blue and when you touch the gas your GONE

So far over 1200 miles and two trips of over 200 miles it was the right way to go.

Gas mileage so far was 23 on the 200 miles trips, half interstate and half back roads, including 30 miles of bumper to bumper traffic on I 84 Easter day.

Around town in the 18 MPG range. Better than expected so far.

The fun starts when you touch the gas, wow is the word, have driven and owned many powerful cars, since the 60's starting with an R code Cobra Jet Torino, this thing runs hard but so smooth.....

Very few people know what it is, lots of positive comments from expensive import drivers , most surprised when they find out its a Lincoln.

• 1 month later...

Hey there buddy sorry for responding so late to your post. Regard which gas I use I use regular (87) octane because my previous car a 2001 Lincoln Continental used premium (91) octane. That was one of the major factors in me getting my new 2011 MKS because I live and work in Washington, DC and gas prices here are high as Hell ($4+) and we have a very poor subway system it is designed to get people into the District but not take them out of the District where everything is at in the DMV (DC, Maryland, and Virginia).

Hey Arniect

Are you using regular or premium gas??