2012 Edge

goatee

Since MY 11 is supposedly a short production run for the Edge. I just hope Ford is considering a few simple upgrades that will really cement the Edge into stardom. Four simple additions. Vented/cooled seats, turn signal mirrors, a sliding armrest for the center console and last but not least - a real retractable cargo cover. It can be done! Lets go blue oval.

I would love the heated steering wheel on the edge and the passenger seat should be as adjustable as the driver seat in a family car like this. It is good, but not as good as the driver seat.

Auto dimming side mirrors... I knew there was something else...

Edited by choff1138

Power pedals, mirrors with 2 memory locations... so that husbands AND wives can enjoy the car without having to manually readjust everything every time.

This would be SUPREMELY family friendly option! (Really, it should be standard on Limited)

the only mirror that we have to manually adjust is the rearview... doesn't seem that big of a deal - memory on the steering wheel seems like it would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Since MY 11 is supposedly a short production run for the Edge. I just hope Ford is considering a few simple upgrades that will really cement the Edge into stardom. Four simple additions. Vented/cooled seats, turn signal mirrors, a sliding armrest for the center console and last but not least - a real retractable cargo cover. It can be done! Lets go blue oval.

Completely agree on everything, especially the Vented/Cooled seats. No reason not to offer them as an option. Now that they've caught up to the competition, it's time to surpass them with unique features for the class. Additionally, I'd imagine the Edge will eventually get the 2-stage A/C compressor that the new Explorer is getting. The cooled seats would probably result in turning down the climate control a few degrees and keeping that compressor in the lower stage more frequently, saving fuel.

Again, I would say to offer the multi-contour, massaging seats as an option. I was really surprised that the new Explorer doesn't even seem to have this, seeing as the Taurus got them and Ford previously declared that they were positioning the Taurus to be their premium car and the Explorer to be their premium SUV.

Another item I would add is auto up/down controls for all four windows. Again, is there really any reason to withhold this? It seems some cars offer this for the driver only, some are front only, and it's a premium thing to have it on all four. Does it really cost that much more?

The last item would be to add "Tivo-like" functionality to sync, like GM already has in a few of their vehicles. It already has a hard-drive, so this should be pretty easy.

After owning mine for a week or so now, I'm going to revisit a couple things here. Most of them seem like they would be nice, but aren't really needed in this class. The Edge climbs pretty dang high in price already as it is.

I don't see any problems with the paint at all on mine, so I'll give that one a pass.

The cargo cover? Completely agree there. The flimsy one that came with the cargo package is useless, ugly, and is a pain in the ass to use.

• 3 weeks later...

In the main Ford Motor Company discussion area, BORG noted that the OSRV mirrors on the 2012 Edge Ecoboost pictured below are a new design, and that the lower horizontal strip on the mirror housing may be for LED turn signal indicators. :happy feet:

2011-Ford-Edge-EcoBoost-front-three-quarters.jpg

In the main Ford Motor Company discussion area, BORG noted that the OSRV mirrors on the 2012 Edge Ecoboost pictured below are a new design, and that the lower horizontal strip on the mirror housing may be for LED turn signal indicators. :happy feet:

2011-Ford-Edge-EcoBoost-front-three-quarters.jpg

LED would be nice

• 4 months later...

The new edge is a gorgeous vehicle. We were looking at one, but decided to get a truck first and then in the next couple years get a "family" vehicle. But I would like to see the HID lights in the sports model and some more colour choices as well.