Should Ford build another SuperCar?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ford build Another SuperCar?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think the issue with Mercury was that there wasn't money to invest in it, but it was what would have been the point? With it gone now though, they had better continue to move Ford upmarket while successfully turning around Lincoln big time.

To be fair to Ford though in one of your points, the coupe market is small and likely best served by the Mustang only at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing a Fusion coupe or something even smaller like the Reflex concept, but I don't think it's really critical at all to Ford's bottom line.

I don't disagree with the coupe market being small, however noone is truely playing in that field either--Ford could own it and that would take them farther than a super car of sorts. A Fusion based t-bird would be no different than the LTD II birds of the late 70's -- the highest volume thunderbirds ever. I would also prefer a serious minivan to competer with Chrysler/Honda/Toyota. Ford has never had a real contender here. The Wind/Freestar was a nice try, but missed the mark on several key things.

What would it accomplish right now? Ford's turnaround is coming along nicely. I believe another Ford GT type of vehicle would just be a distraction. If they are going to do something expensive and in-your-face with an unknown chance of long-term success, they may as well develop a bold RWD Lincoln sedan flagship instead.

The next Super car from FoMoCo should wear the Lincoln badge

Capri, anyone?

...as in Lincoln Capri??