'11 F-150 EcoBoost: 365 hp, 420 lb-ft

A buddy and I were joking this morning that maybe Ford should just include some sort of a sound system as part of the EB. You know, a digitized recording of a V8 rumble played through a big speaker mounted under the hood.

:hysterical:

There is a product called Soundracer that will do just that. You can even pick a V12 or what ever...

http://www.soundracer.se/?p=98

One item I don't know has been addressed on the 2011 F150. Is Ford increasing the brake size?

I believe they increased the brake size for the 2010 model if I remember. And from reviews of owners with 2009 & 2010 F150's, the brakes are still a weak link and unimpressive.

I know my 2006 F150 brakes work okay, but when towing these brakes aren't that great.

One item I don't know has been addressed on the 2011 F150. Is Ford increasing the brake size?

I believe they increased the brake size for the 2010 model if I remember. And from reviews of owners with 2009 & 2010 F150's, the brakes are still a weak link and unimpressive.

I know my 2006 F150 brakes work okay, but when towing these brakes aren't that great.

I believe that the reviewers of the 2011 F-150 stated that Ford did improve the brakes as in they were more grabby and gave the feeling of more confidence when pressed. So Ford did more to the 2011 F-150 than just improve the engine choices. Looks like Ford really did its homework on the 2011 F-150 and should pick up some sales from the competition plus lower its incentives somewhat. That will not hurt profits for sure. Ford has a winner in the 2011 F-150 and the competition should be worried. No one comes close to this lineup. Ford's sales lead should widen significantly at least for a year if not longer until the competition can react.

I have towed 3500 lbs (with 1000 lbs in the bed) with no trailer brakes and my '05 F150 did fine. Any more than that and the trailer really needs to have it's own brakes. I've towed 7.5k and regularly tow 5.5k with brakes on the trailer and have had no issues at all.

I have towed 3500 lbs (with 1000 lbs in the bed) with no trailer brakes and my '05 F150 did fine. Any more than that and the trailer really needs to have it's own brakes. I've towed 7.5k and regularly tow 5.5k with brakes on the trailer and have had no issues at all.

Well I tow 6K-7K with my 2006 about 3-5 times a year through the Rockies. I've never felt the truck couldn't handle the load with its existing brakes, they just require a little extra stopping distance and are late to respond upon applying the brake.

Proof?

I can assure you if you run a 5.4L 3V more than 50k miles (just half their rating) and then try to remove the spark plugs dry like any other engine (not follow the TSB) you will find out the hard way. Have you done this job on a 5.4L? I have. It's not possible Ford ran them 100k on multiple engines and did not see the problem on tear-down.

I can assure you if you run a 5.4L 3V more than 50k miles (just half their rating) and then try to remove the spark plugs dry like any other engine (not follow the TSB) you will find out the hard way. Have you done this job on a 5.4L? I have. It's not possible Ford ran them 100k on multiple engines and did not see the problem on tear-down.

Water under the bridge.

We even have people in Australia with some of the early 5.4 3Vs having breakages

but what the heck, they buy the tool in from the US and the problem is fixed.

Sounds like a storm in a tea cup you keep trying to frenzy up.

It's disappointing yes but not a big deal.

Edited by jpd80

Water under the bridge.

We even have people in Australia with some of the early 5.4 3Vs having breakages

but what the heck, they buy the tool in from the US and the problem is fixed.

Sounds like a storm in a tea cup you keep trying to frenzy up.

It's disappointing yes but not a big deal.

F250 is trying to be the new Matt/P71. Keep beating the dead horse even after the bones have turned to dust. :stirpot::ohsnap:

That's not proof.

You missed the point.

Look, while engineering the new 3V 5.4L I'm certain one directive was to make sure the spark plugs did not blow out like the previous engine was known to do. No problem the 3V would have an all-new unique design and while testing none of them did, so far so good. But when all of those pre-production test engines were torn down for inspection the break off problem was discovered. At that point Ford could have re-designed the plugs with a stronger 1-piece shell or re-design the cylinder heads like they did 4-years later to prevent this...but they didnt. Why? Well the plugs are scheduled to be replaced at 100k miles...way beyond factory powertrain warranty and Ford ESP does not cover spark plug failures. Bottom line is Ford quickly figured the expense would be the customer's problem.

And those are just fact supported opinions of mine..that's me Mr.Negative...who happens to own a 3V 5.4L (bought brand new) and before that I bought a 2V 5.4L also brand new=real life new purchasing Ford truck customer.

That's the way it is on here. The guys who actually buy Ford products and Ford stock and bonds are seen as negative if they criticize this company in any way as if they don't have the right, and guys on here who are "thinking" of buying a Ford product someday are Mr. Positive and know what they are talking about concerning Ford in all their wonderfullness. It's like they rewrote history and Ford all of a sudden can do no wrong. I believe we are all happy about Ford's turnaround, but getting carried away about it serves no great purpose. You keep holding their feet to the fire, especially if you have money invested in the company as many of us do in some way or another. Ford North America is still a domestic company with all its domestic culture problems that all of a sudden didn't just go away. Ford in its own way can be every bit as arrogant and cruel as GM at its worst. That's the nature of huge corporate concerns.

You keep holding their feet to the fire, especially if you have money invested in the company as many of us do in some way or another.

That's very interesting considering how much much whine whenever someone here holds your feet to fire regarding proof for the claims you post here.

I guess it's OK for you to question what Ford does but we aren't to question what you post? :redcard:

It's like they rewrote history and Ford all of a sudden can do no wrong. I believe we are all happy about Ford's turnaround, but getting carried away about it serves no great purpose. You keep holding their feet to the fire, especially if you have money invested in the company as many of us do in some way or another. Ford North America is still a domestic company with all its domestic culture problems that all of a sudden didn't just go away. Ford in its own way can be every bit as arrogant and cruel as GM at its worst. That's the nature of huge corporate concerns.

Slightly different version:

It's like they rewrote history and FordBuyer all of a sudden can do no wrong. I believe we are all happy about FordBuyer's turnaround, but getting carried away about it serves no great purpose. You keep holding his feet to the fire, especially if you end up reading his posts as many of us do in some way or another. FordBuyer is still a US citizen with all US culture problems that all of a sudden didn't just go away. FordBuyer in his own way can be every bit as arrogant and cruel as P71 at his worst. That's the nature of people who post anonymously on the internet.

• Like 1

That's the way it is on here. The guys who actually buy Ford products and Ford stock and bonds are seen as negative if they criticize this company in any way as if they don't have the right, and guys on here who are "thinking" of buying a Ford product someday are Mr. Positive and know what they are talking about concerning Ford in all their wonderfullness. It's like they rewrote history and Ford all of a sudden can do no wrong. I believe we are all happy about Ford's turnaround, but getting carried away about it serves no great purpose. You keep holding their feet to the fire, especially if you have money invested in the company as many of us do in some way or another. Ford North America is still a domestic company with all its domestic culture problems that all of a sudden didn't just go away. Ford in its own way can be every bit as arrogant and cruel as GM at its worst. That's the nature of huge corporate concerns.

I am a Ford stockholder. I buy Fords (4 new ones, the only vehicles I have purchased, over the past 12 years). You know what? I think your full of caca!

Does Ford make mistakes? Yes. Do they know a hell of a lot more about building cars than you, I, or anyone else on this board? Sure do!

That's not proof.

What would you like? Internal Ford documents from the 3v 5.4 launch QC testing. You got me there, If I had them to post it would get me fired so...

For the most part this has been a civil exchange albeit a bit off-topic beginning with a simple off handed remark about long term durability. The EcoBoost in F-150 application is going to be a bit different than Ford's past turbo or supercharged engines which were relatively limited volume enthusiast vehicles. On average the new buyer of a supercharged Shelby or EcoBoost SHO uses his vehicle a hell of a lot different than a XTL F150 owner who overloads or excedes tow limits and occasionally doesnt change the oil on schedule. Besides, I'm sure lessons were learned from mistakes made in the BM Era. (Before Mulally)

Bottom line, would I buy an EcoBoost F150? Yes.

I am a Ford stockholder. I buy Fords (4 new ones, the only vehicles I have purchased, over the past 12 years). You know what? I think your full of caca!

Does Ford make mistakes? Yes. Do they know a hell of a lot more about building cars than you, I, or anyone else on this board? Sure do!

So does GM and Chrysler, but it doesn't stop the Mulally cheerleaders from bashing them every chance they get. And I hardly bash Ford since I own one and have owned nothing but Ford Motor vehicles all my life. Selective memories abound on here.