I had to drop the size of the picture quality to post it.

I can see it got the attention of a Mexican website

http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1181:ottawa-needs-to-go-on-offence-toronto-star&catid=136:viernes-10-septiembre-2010&Itemid=79

Edited by crownvicsparky

I had to drop the size of the picture quality to post it.

I can see it got the attention of a Mexican website

http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1181:ottawa-needs-to-go-on-offence-toronto-star&catid=136:viernes-10-septiembre-2010&Itemid=79

Mondragon actually needs to come clean with how much money was offered to Ford by the Canadian governments to keep STAP open. If he did, he wouldn't have much of an argument and wouldn't be able to shift blame to the governments when Ford pulls out of Canada altogether.

Plain and simple, the Canadian governments offered Ford an open cheque book to keep STAP open, but Ford refused.

Edited by stapelec

Plain and simple, the Canadian governments offered Ford an open cheque book to keep STAP open, but Ford refused.

Not exactly.

I remember this rumour being spread by the reps about a year ago. Problem is, when I questioned a couple of them about some of the details, they all came up empty.

Here's the thing. I highly doubt the Government would be willing to give a blank cheque to any company (And especially one in a struggling industry), without a couple strings attached. We all saw what happened in the US with GM. Once you take money from the Government, the Government now has a right to dictate how you run your company. Alan Mulally is simply too smart to allow that to happen, if he doesn't need to.

Again, there are far more details about this rumoured offer that have to be known before you can take into consideration the legitimacy of it.

As far as I'm concerned, it was just another lie by the CAW to place the blame for the closing on someone other than who is responsible for it (ie the CAW)

• Like 1

Not exactly.

I remember this rumour being spread by the reps about a year ago. Problem is, when I questioned a couple of them about some of the details, they all came up empty.

Here's the thing. I highly doubt the Government would be willing to give a blank cheque to any company (And especially one in a struggling industry), without a couple strings attached. We all saw what happened in the US with GM. Once you take money from the Government, the Government now has a right to dictate how you run your company. Alan Mulally is simply too smart to allow that to happen, if he doesn't need to.

Again, there are far more details about this rumoured offer that have to be known before you can take into consideration the legitimacy of it.

As far as I'm concerned, it was just another lie by the CAW to place the blame for the closing on someone other than who is responsible for it (ie the CAW)

I tried to find something to substantiate the rumour, but was unable to. The best I was able to find was Ford was offered $150 million to retool STAP by the Ontario Government. As far as I'm concerned that's enough to throw sand in Mondragon's face for comments that he's making.

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2158483

The same article appeared in the lfp as well. But ultimately, I still believe Ford's plans are to pull out of Canada altogether. Mondragon is just beginning the ground work to lay blame on the Governments and the CAW.

The problem with these "rumours" is there's no mention of the strings attached by the goevrnment. We all remembered about the bullshit about the "economic footprint" that was supposed to be maintained, but in reality, Ford just can't handcuff itself to saying that it;s going to maintain "x" amount of employees for the next "y" many years especially when it's slashing jobs stateside.

I tried to find something to substantiate the rumour, but was unable to. The best I was able to find was Ford was offered $150 million to retool STAP by the Ontario Government. As far as I'm concerned that's enough to throw sand in Mondragon's face for comments that he's making.

The same article appeared in the lfp as well. But ultimately, I still believe Ford's plans are to pull out of Canada altogether. Mondragon is just beginning the ground work to lay blame on the Governments and the CAW.

You weren't able to find anything, because nothing exists.

And pardon me if I don't take Ken Lewenza, or a former grocery packer who now works for the LIEberal's, who's job right now rests on votes from the St Thomas area, word.

Again, knowing the details behind the supposed offer is the key to understanding how legitimate it truly is. Saying you have an blank cheque, but stipulating that the Government has a say in how, where and what it's spent on is significant.

I don't believe you are wrong in your belief that Ford will be out of Canada soon. And I believe everybody will point their finger at everyone as the reason. The problem is, the ones who are effected are the workers. Peters will still have his cushy pension, Lewenza will still collect his cheques, and won't have to worry about remembering which Local we are, and Ford will still be making money.

The reality is, the day that STAP was putting on the chopping block, was the day it was over for Ford Canada. If the best plant in the country can't survive, why would the dogshit everywhere else stick around?

• Like 1

You weren't able to find anything, because nothing exists.

And pardon me if I don't take Ken Lewenza, or a former grocery packer who now works for the LIEberal's, who's job right now rests on votes from the St Thomas area, word.

Again, knowing the details behind the supposed offer is the key to understanding how legitimate it truly is. Saying you have an blank cheque, but stipulating that the Government has a say in how, where and what it's spent on is significant.

I don't believe you are wrong in your belief that Ford will be out of Canada soon. And I believe everybody will point their finger at everyone as the reason. The problem is, the ones who are effected are the workers. Peters will still have his cushy pension, Lewenza will still collect his cheques, and won't have to worry about remembering which Local we are, and Ford will still be making money.

The reality is, the day that STAP was putting on the chopping block, was the day it was over for Ford Canada. If the best plant in the country can't survive, why would the dogshit everywhere else stick around?

I'd rather see jobs stay in Canada than have them moved to Mexico.

Now THAT is extraordinary. :confused:

Never mind they're being pig headed ( to the point of utter stupidity :doh: ) on the panthers,

but a gov't comes along and tells you to put in whatever you want and they'll cover the tab...

... and they say no :stop: !

... and the Ford exec says its the best deal any gov't anywhere has ( or could ) offer... and they say no??? :shades:

I know Detroit is hurting, but what are they putting in the water over there.

Ford's exec suite positively must be on something there...

:censored: